Today I voted for Santorum

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Although he has a slim chance of winning I just can't bring myself to vote for Romney or Newt. Their tactics disgust me and that's that.

Also I really don't care about the social issues so rant all you want about santorums position on gays or dead babies.

I wanted to vote for Paul but I couldn't because of his positions on foreign policy. In the end it really didn't matter because delegates are not being awarded in the Missouri primary.

I'm sick of the fighting in our party and that's largely what drove my vote.

The Santorum Connection. Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff went to prison for the illegal pay to play lobbyist scandal, but the liaison, Rick Santorum, went unscathed. Santorum was an integral part of the influence-peddling scandal where the more a lobbyist paid the more access they had to influence political leaders. This was known as the K Street Project. As part of this Santorum had weekly meetings with lobbyist. When the scandal broker Santorum lied by stating that he stopped having his meetings with lobbyist but his Washington staffers confirm that he continued these secret meetings.

• Banned
The Santorum Connection. Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff went to prison for the illegal pay to play lobbyist scandal, but the liaison, Rick Santorum, went unscathed. Santorum was an integral part of the influence-peddling scandal where the more a lobbyist paid the more access they had to influence political leaders. This was known as the K Street Project. As part of this Santorum had weekly meetings with lobbyist. When the scandal broker Santorum lied by stating that he stopped having his meetings with lobbyist but his Washington staffers confirm that he continued these secret meetings.

What part of the vote was both meaningless and a protest vote did you not understand?

Although he has a slim chance of winning I just can't bring myself to vote for Romney or Newt. Their tactics disgust me and that's that.

Also I really don't care about the social issues so rant all you want about santorums position on gays or dead babies.

I wanted to vote for Paul but I couldn't because of his positions on foreign policy. In the end it really didn't matter because delegates are not being awarded in the Missouri primary.

:clap2: Good for you!

Santorum's chances aren't as bad as all that. Intrade currently has him at about a 7.5% chance of nomination, ahead of all the other non-Romney candidates put together. He also seems to be all but assured of winning today's Minnesota caucus, which will cement him as the midwest/rust belt candidate.

I could never vote for Santorum.
The man is a hypocrite. He blasts gays as immoral and unfit all the while his last chief of staff for over a decade was openly gay with a live in partner.
He doesn't believe what he spouts and only wears the Christian suit to pander for votes.
I could also care less about a lot of the social issues as I want someone, anyone to beat Obama but Ricky Santorum is unworthy as President.
Fraud.

Good to hear. Im going to be happy if the candidate is Romney or Santorum. I still havent made a final decision on whom I will support. But I can easily support them both in the General.

We need more people voting for the people they want to represent them and not who they think can win. Im willing to bet if more people did that then those candidates who they dont think could win wiould have a much better chance to win.

The man is a hypocrite. He blasts gays as immoral and unfit all the while his last chief of staff for over a decade was openly gay with a live in partner.
He doesn't believe what he spouts and only wears the Christian suit to pander for votes.
I could also care less about a lot of the social issues as I want someone, anyone to beat Obama but Ricky Santorum is unworthy as President.
Fraud.

So you cant oppose gay marriage or the gay agenda and employ gays? Is there something that says you can't be kind to people even if you oppose their politics?

Fact is if Santorum is the nominee or even on the ticket:
Four more years of Obama.
Guaranteed.

Ya know it just dawned on me.....

There wasn't even ANY other issues on the ballet. So essentially the gop spent all this money for a pointless beauty contest.

Sigh........

Yet, were gonna bitch about being fiscally responsible?

He's a lying hypocrite - Involved in the Ensign/Coburn hush money-sex scandal. But, being a Republican, that doesn't matter to the voter. And, it surely doesn't stop him from preaching "family values" to the rest of us.

IMO, he's even lower than either Nooten Mittens. Pure scum floating on the top.

But, he's R, so its okay. We have come to expect the slimiest scandals from them and their party just turns their head and pretends.

Interesting that his own state has disowned him.

For all your talk about integrity and honesty, you'll vote a straight R ticket. I'd bet on it.

He's a lying hypocrite - Involved in the Ensign/Coburn hush money-sex scandal. But, being a Republican, that doesn't matter to the voter. And, it surely doesn't stop him from preaching "family values" to the rest of us.

IMO, he's even lower than either Nooten Mittens. Pure scum floating on the top.

But, he's R, so its okay. We have come to expect the slimiest scandals from them and their party just turns their head and pretends.

Interesting that his own state has disowned him.

well thanks for taking a dump on the persons thread. couldn't help yourself I guess.

For all your talk about integrity and honesty, you'll vote a straight R ticket. I'd bet on it.

You don't know shit. I've voted for local democrats plenty of times. Prosecutors and the like. And yes, this time it was a straight ticket because that's how primaries work.

Your crystal ball is broken

And I almost forgot. I've voted independent for potus before.

Aside from all that I fail to see what honesty has to do with my voting record. Troll away.....

Last edited:
Fraud.

So you cant oppose gay marriage or the gay agenda and employ gays? Is there something that says you can't be kind to people even if you oppose their politics?

Are you claiming that Santorum just "opposes gay marriage or the gay agenda"?

You know better but are playing possum so give it up and get real.
Santorum compares gays to bestiaity, incest and polygamy to name a few.
Santorum calls gays and lesbians "unatural, against God, a threat to the US military"
"gay people are against God and do not deserve the privilege to marry"
Santorum; "I will reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
And you will admit there have been NO PROBLEMS since it was done away with.
You may support discrimination against a certain segment of the population that wants to serve our country fighting 2 wars but I stand against it and Santorums' support of discrimination.
Why is Ricky Santorum so afraid of gays getting married and serving in the military.
Both NON issues.
BTW, what is the "gay agenda" other than seeking equal rights and not being subjected to being labeled openly as "immoral"?
In my world it is not acceptable to label productive citizens as "immoral" because your religion believes it.
One day you folks will see how stupid this "gay agenda" BS claim was and how ridiculous it was to want to deny gays the right to serve in the military and get married.
You support mass murderers to be able to marry yet would deny a law abiding gay person.
Makes a lot of sense. Sure, right.

Forum List

Back