4 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 red bell peper
1/4 large yellow onion
2 celery stalks
4 slices of turkey breast
honey and yellow mustard
sweet relish
mayo.

While boiling the eggs and potatoes, I ran the pepper, onion and celery through the mini cuisinart veg chopper and chopped them real fine. Also take the turkey breast slices and chop that up very small

After the potatoes and eggs are done, peel and slice both of them very small.
add the onion, pepper, and all the other stuff.

I like to serve it warm, but this makes enough for four meals for one guy. So into the fridge it goes. It is still good cold.

My mouth is watering.

Since I see no copy write I am liberating this recipe and telling my wife I thought of it.

I prefer using celery seed in place of celery, and I make a sauce for potato salad.

I use red wine vinegar a little mustard and never ever use mayonnaise for anything hate the stuff. I use miracle whip instead, oh and a little sugar and I mix the celery seed with the sauce

Salsa Potato Salad

1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
3 cups cubed cooked unpeeled potatoes
1 celery rib, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa and parsley.

In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Durango Potato Salad

2 pounds small red potatoes
1 can (10 oz.) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
1 cup chopped celery
2 green onions, sliced
3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

In a large saucepan, boil potatoes in enough water to cover, about 15 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Cut into quarters.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine tomatoes & green chilies, mayonnaise and mustard. Add potatoes, celery, green onions and bacon; toss to coat.

Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.

Asian Potato Salad

12 whole scallions, plus 5 tablespoons minced scallion, white part only (divided use)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
2 pounds new potatoes
5 tablespoons minced prosciutto
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted

Trim the roots and tough green tops off the whole scallions. Using a large, wide-bladed knife, flatten the trimmed scallions on a work surface.

Combine canola and sesame oils in a skillet over high heat. Cover and cook the oils just until they begin to smoke, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the flattened scallions to the pan, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.

I spell it the way Quale did.

Two large potatoes
4 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 red bell peper
1/4 large yellow onion
2 celery stalks
honey and yellow mustard
sweet relish
mayo.

While boiling the eggs and potatoes, I ran the pepper, onion and celery through the mini cuisinart veg chopper and chopped them real fine. Also take the turkey breast slices and chop that up very small

I like to serve it warm, but this makes enough for four meals for one guy. So into the fridge it goes. It is still good cold.

That sounds good.

I just bought some at the store. it never turns out good for me when I try to make it. I like the kind that has sliced radishes and celery in it.

I also like this pea salad my mom used to make, it was seven layer. Mmm mm

Two large potatoes
4 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 red bell peper
1/4 large yellow onion
2 celery stalks
honey and yellow mustard
sweet relish
mayo.

Sounds yummy. The only thing I would add is to sprinkle a bit of white vinegar on the cubes of potatoes while they are still a bit warm, and then let them cool before adding the other ingredients.

Two large potatoes
4 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 red bell peper
1/4 large yellow onion
2 celery stalks
honey and yellow mustard
sweet relish
mayo.

There's an "e" at the ended of "potato" only if it is plural, followed by an "s". ;)

I use two potatoes. So it is a plural potatoe salad. ^_^

Love the recipes. I will have to try them all. Especially the spicy ones.

Two large potatoes
4 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 red bell peper
1/4 large yellow onion
2 celery stalks
honey and yellow mustard
sweet relish
mayo.

Your recipe is very similar to the potato salad my mother made when I was a kid. I have never tried it with bell peppers or turkey though...but that sounds really good.

I use two potatoes. So it is a plural potatoe salad. ^_^

Love the recipes. I will have to try them all. Especially the spicy ones.

You use only 2 potatoes? :lol: I am sorry, that is so cute..me being sort of the country girl, makes enough potato salad for an army :lol:

The only time I use 2 potatoes is to loosen a broken light bulb from a socket :lol:

Potato salad:
One egg for each potato
Potatoes cut up small
Chopped dill pickles
halved black olives
chopped green onions
Mayo
a little pickle juice
NO MUSTARD EVAH
salt & pepper

Stir it vigorously, use lots of mayo. Should be pretty creamy. Nothing grosser than big chunks of cold potato.

Smashing the potatoes before adding ingredients makes a really good potato salad. But do not smash them till they are mush.

I've always gotten compliments on my tater salat. For years I told folks it was my grandmother's recipe and they were in awe. Stupid fuckers never knew I got it off the back of the mayo jar LOL.

Last edited:
Yum. I love making different types of potato salad, except I'm a lazy cheat. I use those small, cubed Ore-Ida frozen potatoes.

Smashing the potatoes before adding ingredients makes a really good potato salad. But do not smash them till they are mush.

Yuck! My mother made her potato salad like that and it's one of the biggest reasons I left home when I turned 18. That ain't right... Seems like child abuse to me.

Forum List

Back