Today I got this email.... TFF!

Oct 8, 2009
A few weeks ago, I went to a party for Ex-Pats. It was at a hotel in London and I wasn't gonna go but I found myself in the city on the same day on business. I figured I'd drop by cuz a few friends were going and I hadn't seen them in a few months.

I gave my biz card to some guy I was talking to who said he'd like to contact me about something that may be of interest. He was there with his wife so I was pretty sure he wasn't hitting on me so I handed him my card and thought no more about it.

This morning, the following email arrived.

Dear XXX

It was great to meet you at the party a couple of weeks ago. I hope you remember me, Dave XXXXX. You gave me your card.

Anyway, the reason I'm contacting you is that I would like to invite you to join Democrats Abroad. We are a group that works hard to .... blah, blah, blah.

Having given this invite some serious consideration, my reply is as follows:

Dear Dave

Thanks for the invite to join Dems Abroad.

Hell will freeze over before I join any group that supports the destruction of the US Constitution so, with regret, I will have to say thanks but no thanks.

Regards
XXXXXX-XXXX XxXXXXX

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A few weeks ago, I went to a party for Ex-Pats. It was at a hotel in London and I wasn't gonna go but I found myself in the city on the same day on business. I figured I'd drop by cuz a few friends were going and I hadn't seen them in a few months.

I gave my biz card to some guy I was talking to who said he'd like to contact me about something that may be of interest. He was there with his wife so I was pretty sure he wasn't hitting on me so I handed him my card and thought no more about it.

Dear XXX

It was great to meet you at the party a couple of weeks ago. I hope you remember me, Dave XXXXX. You gave me your card.

Anyway, the reason I'm contacting you is that I would like to invite you to join Democrats Abroad. We are a group that works hard to .... blah, blah, blah.

Dear Dave

Hell will freeze over before I join any group that supports the destruction of the US Constitution so, with regret, I will have to say thanks but no thanks.

Regards
XXXXXX-XXXX XxXXXXX

:clap2: :lol:

• Banned
Wow!!,....... Was I ever wrong about you!!.....

I am an ass-kickin' conservative girl. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. Neither party represents the US Constitution. So, yea, you were very, very wrong. But I forgive you.

Semper Fi.

so you got a polite email and replied rudely...says a lot about you...now doesnt it

Yep. It says 'This bitch ain't no fucking sucker who falls for the crap produced by our politicians'. :lol::lol::lol:

sure you do...you just buy totally into the other side....both sides exist for one thing...and its not to help the citizen..you fall for political crap from the grass roots movement tea partiers....now dont you? are you claiming no political affillaction at this point or what?

Dear XXX

Dear Dave

Regards
XXXXXX-XXXX XxXXXXX

I think that was the perfect 'thanks but no thanks." You replied as he requested--you stated your political leanings, as did he, and you gave the treason a reason. Purr-fect. :clap2:

so you got a polite email and replied rudely...says a lot about you...now doesnt it

Yep. It says 'This bitch ain't no fucking sucker who falls for the crap produced by our politicians'. :lol::lol::lol:

sure you do...you just buy totally into the other side....both sides exist for one thing...and its not to help the citizen..you fall for political crap from the grass roots movement tea partiers....now dont you? are you claiming no political affillaction at this point or what?

Nope, I have always believed in what the TEA Parties stand for. The difference is that now there are more of us - or at least we know have a group that agrees about certain issues. I have never blindly supported one side or the other. I have, once, voted Democrat... because I pay little attention to the labels.... I am interested more in their policies and their character.

I have no political affiliation - I never have and I probably never will. I support certain things. When a politician supports those things, I vote for that politician. I don't care what letter is after their name, any more than I care about the color of their skin, their gender or their sexual preference.

Dear XXX

Dear Dave

Regards
XXXXXX-XXXX XxXXXXX

I think that was the perfect 'thanks but no thanks." You replied as he requested--you stated your political leanings, as did he, and you gave the treason a reason. Purr-fect. :clap2:

I know the guy involved - albeit not well. But I do know he has a sense of humor. So I figure he'll see the funny side as well as the very serious point.

You go CG!

As to whether or not your email was rude - it was rather rude of Dear Dave to exploit a connection made at a social event for his political agenda. CG did not fill out a form requesting Democrat Propaganda.

You go CG!

As to whether or not your email was rude - it was rather rude of Dear Dave to exploit a connection made at a social event for his political agenda. CG did not fill out a form requesting Democrat Propaganda.

That was, in fact, the point of my email back. He clearly worked the room, getting contact details to follow up. He should have been up front at the event and said he was there touting for the Dems..... except the majority of Americans there would cold shouldered him. Most of the attendees were pretty much right wing, quite a few ex-Military and professionals.

Anyway, I am already aware of Democrats Abroad and.... if I wanted to be a Democrat Abroad, I would already have joined.

You go CG!

That was, in fact, the point of my email back. He clearly worked the room, getting contact details to follow up. He should have been up front at the event and said he was there touting for the Dems..... except the majority of Americans there would cold shouldered him. Most of the attendees were pretty much right wing, quite a few ex-Military and professionals.

Anyway, I am already aware of Democrats Abroad and.... if I wanted to be a Democrat Abroad, I would already have joined.

Democrat a broad?

I'll take 2 please.

Dear XXX

Dear Dave

Regards
XXXXXX-XXXX XxXXXXX

:cuckoo:

You go CG!

This is also true. Thanks for pointing that out! ;)

You go CG!

Democrat a broad?

I'll take 2 please.

Are you one of my brothers? Cuz that's what they say about me.... :eek::eek: "My sister's abroad". They find it very entertaining. The swine! :lol:

Forum List

Back