Today: Audit The Fed To Be Voted On...

We have a remarkably stable currency. It is the world's reserve currency. Ever since it has been the reserve currency, we have had far less frequent financial crises, and they have been shallower.

This indisputable fact makes goldbugs' butts hurt.

They hope and dream every day to see the world economy collapse back to the Dark Ages, but reality keeps dashing those dreams.

They seem to believe that since it takes more cash to buy a bottle of Coca-Cola than it took Woodrow Wilson to buy one, that this is evidence our money is worthless.

However, allowing money to inflate at a reasonably low rate of 2 percent each year allows for economic growth. This made it necessary to free ourselves from the gold ball and chain. And it has worked amazingly well. We have less frequent and shallower crashes and a mighty economy.

Of course they can't take the time to dispute me, because they can't. Reality comes crashing in.

Yes, very stable. One dollar today is the same value as four cents in 1913, the year the Fed was established.

Inflation Calculator: Bureau of Labor Statistics

Also, increasing the money supply does not create actual economic growth.

One way or another this system is coming to an end.

There's that end of the world wishful thinking that has been oh so familiar to me from Libertarians since I first encountered them in the 70s.

Any day now, it's ending! Any day now...

It isn't our central banking system that is fucking things up. It is the completely unregulated derivatives market and the government not allowing anyone to fail. Each time the government has given them the means to fail but then rescued a failure, it just ensures the next failure will be larger. Eventually, we will be in a too big to save situation.

If there was no central banking system, the politicians would have printed money to save the banks. Except they would have truly inflated the currency to Zimbabwe levels.

The Federal Reserve has not inflated our currency to Zimbabwe levels, as you so feverishly insisted it has. Does it cost you a trillion dollars to buy a Coke?

But whatever. The central banking system is not going away.

And you can take THAT to the bank.

Then why have you been complaining about it in this thread nonstop?

I have pointed out its successes, and the true motives behind Ron Paul's legislation. I have also plainly stated I believe the Fed should be audited, but that I will not jump on the Ron Paul End-The-Fed crazy train to do it.

I do not belive the ONLY solution is to end the Fed, as you clearly do.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. It is indisputable the central banking system we have operates far better than the mess we had before the end of the gold standard in the Great Depression.

Less crashes. Shallower crashes. You cannot fight this simple fact.

Well, you can, but you look like an idiot.

That's one of the many reasons Libertarians have so little influence. They are propellerheads.

And that is why the Fed is not going away. Because we just are not as stupid as Libertarians.

There's that end of the world wishful thinking that has been oh so familiar to me from Libertarians since I first encountered them in the 70s.

It isn't our central banking system that is fucking things up. It is the completely unregulated derivatives market and the government not allowing anyone to fail. Each time the government has given them the means to fail but then rescued a failure, it just ensures the next failure will be larger. Eventually, we will be in a too big to save situation.

If there was no central banking system, the politicians would have printed money to save the banks. Except they would have truly inflated the currency to Zimbabwe levels.

The Federal Reserve has not inflated our currency to Zimbabwe levels, as you so feverishly insisted it has. Does it cost you a trillion dollars to buy a Coke?

The federal reserve is the creator of the bubbles that burst in the first place. The federal reserve is chartered as the lender of last resort. This is all by design. Yet again, more stupidity from you.

But whatever. The central banking system is not going away.

And you can take THAT to the bank.

Then why have you been complaining about it in this thread nonstop?

I have pointed out its successes, and the true motives behind Ron Paul's legislation. I have also plainly stated I believe the Fed should be audited, but that I will not jump on the Ron Paul End-The-Fed crazy train to do it.

I do not belive the ONLY solution is to end the Fed, as you clearly do.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. It is indisputable the central banking system we have operates far better than the mess we had before the end of the gold standard in the Great Depression.

Less crashes. Shallower crashes. You cannot fight this simple fact.

Well, you can, but you look like an idiot.

That's one of the many reasons Libertarians have so little influence. They are propellerheads.

And that is why the Fed is not going away. Because we just are not as stupid as Libertarians.

What is the motive behind the fed audit again?

Do you support the fed audit?

Is this the "too big to fail" argument ?
The way I see it is that we can deal with truth or fritter away some more time in this little economic fantasy. I would prefer to hear the bad news and start dealing with it.

The bad news in this case is that if the federal reserve stops the flow of asset purchases, the end of the long curve becomes negative. this means people will ditch there long maturity bonds at loss and that means that the govt. will have to pay out on the them.

One way or another this system is coming to an end. If we audit the fed, it could mean that happens tomorrow 9the day after, as it were). Or, we can let the shell game fully mature and those who have paid attention can move their wealth around accordingly as the death pangs draw out. I still hold a good amount of asset in dollars, adn would prefer to get that wealth moved into the right place as this system caves in on itself ratehr than be caught in the shit storm. Your mileage may vary.

I have a feeling that the delay is partially because people are having a bit of a problem deciding where to move their wealth and how to do it without everyone knowing what they have "accumulated".

that is partially true. There are veery few safe harbors remaining in the store of wealth. However, do you actually think that polticians will commit political suicide by nailing the fed to the wall and causing the collapse of the dollar? Hell no. they will kick this can as long as helicopter Ben can manage to control things. But, the day of reckoning will arrive. Where the federal reserve is buying 100% of T bill issuance and foreign nations move away from dollar realted assets and want to cash in on bonds they hold.

What choice wil the govt. have but to create T bills to have the fed print yet more money to pay off foreign investors with? This is where the tire meets the road on this issue and the curency colpases.

The federal reserve is the creator of the bubbles that burst in the first place. The federal reserve is chartered as the lender of last resort. This is all by design. Yet again, more stupidity from you.

Hell we PAY the fed to run our economy. They have screwed it up just as so many men in history warned us.

The bad news in this case is that if the federal reserve stops the flow of asset purchases, the end of the long curve becomes negative. this means people will ditch there long maturity bonds at loss and that means that the govt. will have to pay out on the them.

One way or another this system is coming to an end. If we audit the fed, it could mean that happens tomorrow 9the day after, as it were). Or, we can let the shell game fully mature and those who have paid attention can move their wealth around accordingly as the death pangs draw out. I still hold a good amount of asset in dollars, adn would prefer to get that wealth moved into the right place as this system caves in on itself ratehr than be caught in the shit storm. Your mileage may vary.

I have a feeling that the delay is partially because people are having a bit of a problem deciding where to move their wealth and how to do it without everyone knowing what they have "accumulated".

that is partially true. There are veery few safe harbors remaining in the store of wealth. However, do you actually think that polticians will commit political suicide by nailing the fed to the wall and causing the collapse of the dollar? Hell no. they will kick this can as long as helicopter Ben can manage to control things. But, the day of reckoning will arrive. Where the federal reserve is buying 100% of T bill issuance and foreign nations move away from dollar realted assets and want to cash in on bonds they hold.

What choice wil the govt. have but to create T bills to have the fed print yet more money to pay off foreign investors with? This is where the tire meets the road on this issue and the curency colpases.

Bring it on!

Aren't republicans scared the billionaires will punish us for screwing with their free government money spigot?

facepalm.jpg

:lol: He or she is too dumb to realize that many of their beloved Democrats are fully onboard with this as well. He or she always has to wait to receive the DNC Talking Points before getting on the same page. Looks like the Talking Points haven't arrived yet.

Hey dipshit. I am not a Democrat. Never have been, never will be. You can't even get that right, commie lover boi.

Just because you guys post a big picture does not mean you see the Big Picture.

I am sorry to make your butts hurt by showing you what the Big Picture is behind this particular audit. I can't help it if the GOP and Democratic rubes who have signed onto this don't. But I know what is going on.

The audit is not about transparency. The audit is a vehicle which is being used by Ron Paul to [ame=http://www.amazon.com/End-The-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B006J3V150/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340816933]End the Fed[/ame].

Just because I am not a Paulbot idot who wants to end the Fed, that does not mean I do not believe in transparency. You are both guilty of a fallacy of the excluded middle.

You're not a Democrat. :lol: Like i said, you'll be onboard once your DNC Talking Points arrive. Many of your fellow Democrats fully support this. This should be a Bipartisan effort.

You're not a Democrat. :lol: Like i said, you'll be onboard once your DNC Talking Points arrive. Many of your fellow Democrats fully support this. This should be a Bipartisan effort.

As a hero worshipper of a communist rapist, you have already demonstrated your horrible discernment.

Your desire to end the Fed also speaks to your poor judgement.

So it is not the slightest bit surprising you embarrassed yourself with yet another assumption and got my affiliation wrong, too.

Libertarians have a notoriously poor understanding of human nature.

Last edited:

As a hero worshipper of a communist rapist, you have already demonstrated your horrible discernment.

So it is not surprising you got my affiliation wrong, too.

Don't worry, those DNC Talking Points should be arriving anytime now. We'll talk after they tell you what to think. Later.

Don't worry, those DNC Talking Points should be arriving anytime now. We'll talk after they tell you what to think. Later.

Sorry to have exposed yet more of stupidity with your assumption. Christ, your butt must be reaaaaaaly sore by now. Everywhere you go, there I am, making it hurt.

Sorry to have exposed yet more of stupidity with your assumption. Christ, your butt must be reaaaaaaly sore by now. Everywhere you go, there I am, making it hurt.

Piss off dummy, and take your weird butt fetish with you.

The only thing that you have proven is that you are afarid to know what the fed is doing with the money. And who it's dealing with.

This will I am quite certain will be a great big nothing.

The accounting of the FED will be up to snuff.

The system itself is the GRANDEST SWINDLE KNOWN TO MODERN CIVIZATION , but within the confines of best accounting practices, the FED will pass muster

Forum List

Back