Today: 6.4 magnitude earthquake near Hualian, Taiwan, Taiwan

There was an earthquake today and buildings would have collapsed, I have no more information.

Today's Earthquakes in Taiwan
Earthquakes on Taiwan are the norm, in the year I was there (1971 - 1972) I experienced around 6 fairly good sized ones and an untold number of small ones. It's location on the border of the Philippine Sea Plate and the Eurasian Plate makes it a hotbed for tectonic plate movement, geologists love Taiwan for that reason alone.
Thank you, earthquakes seem more and more common in the world

99.9% of liberal Scientists say man made global warming is to blame:banana:
What a fucking dumb ass you are, Deno. No, the tectonic quakes have nothing to do with global warming. Yes, global warming can cause earthquakes. As the ice melts off of Greenland and Antarctica, there will be isostatic rebound, and that will cause earthquakes. But not the big ones like those from tectonic forces.

Talk about a Dumb Ass…

The isostatic rebound is between your ears

due to the liberal tectonic forces that have destroyed

both hemispheres of your little nut like liberal brain…

Later Dip Shit…………..

Earthquakes on Taiwan are the norm, in the year I was there (1971 - 1972) I experienced around 6 fairly good sized ones and an untold number of small ones. It's location on the border of the Philippine Sea Plate and the Eurasian Plate makes it a hotbed for tectonic plate movement, geologists love Taiwan for that reason alone.
Not necessarily, more likely just reported on more often.
I have a question that may seem silly but it's not my specialty.
Was the fact that Kim Jong-a throwing missiles could have had an impact on the ground plates?
I seriously doubt it, there's simply a lot of constant tectonic movement in that area.

Taiwan Tectonics and Seismicity = regional tectonics

Taiwan Moves Closer to Mainland, Pulled by Forces That Molded Its Mountains
Would the impact of the missiles on the ground not cause vibrations that would make the plates moves?

No .

There was an earthquake today and buildings would have collapsed, I have no more information.

Today's Earthquakes in Taiwan

What a fucking dumb ass you are, Deno. No, the tectonic quakes have nothing to do with global warming. Yes, global warming can cause earthquakes. As the ice melts off of Greenland and Antarctica, there will be isostatic rebound, and that will cause earthquakes. But not the big ones like those from tectonic forces.

Talk about a Dumb Ass…

Later Dip Shit…………..

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~ppwu/Research/TTPEarthquake.pdf

A fundamental question in the study of intraplate earthquakes in Laurentia and Fennoscandia is the relative importance of plate tectonics and postglacial rebound (including both glacial loading and unloading) in earthquake generation. There are geological and geophysical evidence that support postglacial rebound as the dominant cause of these intraplate earthquakes but there are other evidence that favors tectonic stress as the dominant cause. These evidence will be reviewed in the next section. To resolve the issue, Wu & Hasegawa [51, 52] and Wu [49, 50] have used the finite element method to model the spatio-temporal distribution of stress and changes in fault stability in E. Canada. The aim of this chapter is to review their work and extend the analysis to N. Europe.

Prominent features of the present series of studies [49, 50, 51, 52], which distinguish them from previous ones [20, 35, 40, 41, 48] are the inclusion of : (1) a viscoelastic mantle and thus the migration of stress associated with viscoelastic relaxation; (2) a realistic ice sheet deglaciation history and sawtooth cycles of loading and unloading; (3) glacial/deglacial induced stress, tectonic stress and overburden pressure contributions in the calculation of the total stress field; and (4) deviatoric stress and mean stress in the computation of fault instability [21, 22].

The plan of the chapter is as follows: After a review of the observations and the evidence for or against rebound stress as the trigger to intraplate earthquakes, we will describe the model more closely. Then we shall show that with a uniform viscosity mantle, most of the observations can be predicted. Finally, we shall explore the effect of a high viscosity lower mantle on the predictions of the model before giving the conclusion.

Post glacial rebound, or isostatic rebound. The whole article is at the link. Read and learn, poor little semi-literate Deno. LOL

Talk about a Dumb Ass…

Later Dip Shit…………..

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~ppwu/Research/TTPEarthquake.pdf

A fundamental question in the study of intraplate earthquakes in Laurentia and Fennoscandia is the relative importance of plate tectonics and postglacial rebound (including both glacial loading and unloading) in earthquake generation. There are geological and geophysical evidence that support postglacial rebound as the dominant cause of these intraplate earthquakes but there are other evidence that favors tectonic stress as the dominant cause. These evidence will be reviewed in the next section. To resolve the issue, Wu & Hasegawa [51, 52] and Wu [49, 50] have used the finite element method to model the spatio-temporal distribution of stress and changes in fault stability in E. Canada. The aim of this chapter is to review their work and extend the analysis to N. Europe.

Prominent features of the present series of studies [49, 50, 51, 52], which distinguish them from previous ones [20, 35, 40, 41, 48] are the inclusion of : (1) a viscoelastic mantle and thus the migration of stress associated with viscoelastic relaxation; (2) a realistic ice sheet deglaciation history and sawtooth cycles of loading and unloading; (3) glacial/deglacial induced stress, tectonic stress and overburden pressure contributions in the calculation of the total stress field; and (4) deviatoric stress and mean stress in the computation of fault instability [21, 22].

The plan of the chapter is as follows: After a review of the observations and the evidence for or against rebound stress as the trigger to intraplate earthquakes, we will describe the model more closely. Then we shall show that with a uniform viscosity mantle, most of the observations can be predicted. Finally, we shall explore the effect of a high viscosity lower mantle on the predictions of the model before giving the conclusion.

Post glacial rebound, or isostatic rebound. The whole article is at the link. Read and learn, poor little semi-literate Deno. LOL

You can cut and paste all you want...

We all still know you're a dumb ass,

you're a liberal.

We know that you are a willfully ignorant redneck, probably sucking up the taxes I pay. You red staters are mostly welfare cases, anyway. You are ignorant, stupid, and proud to be both. LOL

We know that you are a willfully ignorant redneck, probably sucking up the taxes I pay. You red staters are mostly welfare cases, anyway. You are ignorant, stupid, and proud to be both. LOL

Rave on you idiot.

We all know you libtards always accuse

others of what you do and what you are.

Face it, you lie cheat and steal to support your politics.

You are a supporter of the modern liberal Nazi Party…

Forum List

Back