To William Joyce

Originally posted by Gop guy
Oh God another anti-Semite.

My sentiments exactly. When I saw this I just thought, "O Lord, who could be thanking WJ for a link?"
:rolleyes:

I would and I'm not anti-semitic . Below all the hate william spews lay some truths that Americans apparently don't want to know about and are willing to give Israel a free ride because they are a "democracy" and our "friends". Many are totally ignorant as to the Jewish faith and our politcal relationship with Israel. I can understand why the rants of a bigot would make people immediately discount everything he says but perhaps it's time that people can feel safe enough to question certain things without being called an anti-semite.

By no means am I an expert, but have a running knowledge of Judaism, having been married to one for a number of years. While he was a shi*, I have found much in Israel to admire. I've noticed that you, whom I respect from posts, disagrees. I read, if not always respond...

There are many admirable qualities about Jews and Israel. There are many admirable qualities about America too . Bashing America is called free speech----bashing Israel is called anti-semitism. Double standard or not?

Originally posted by dilloduck
There are many admirable qualities about Jews and Israel. There are many admirable qualities about America too . Bashing America is called free speech----bashing Israel is called anti-semitism. Double standard or not?

Ok Dillo touche. However, I hear of no quiet on the voice of Israelis to question Sharon, just like here to question the administration. It's not like in Israel they are in lockstep! Perchance we should look at France? Israel press is all over Sharon, like GB on Blair, or USA on Bush.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Ok Dillo touche. However, I hear of no quiet on the voice of Israelis to question Sharon, just like here to question the administration. It's not like in Israel they are in lockstep! Perchance we should look at France? Israel press is all over Sharon, like GB on Blair, or USA on Bush.

Agreed--the press here doesn't give us much in the way of Israeli opposition parties and thier platforms but I'm not sure many Americans are interested anyway. It just appears to me though criticizing the US and Bush is a world sport. Almost chic! If one disagrees with Israeli policy in the US, a US CITIZEN dismisses them by calling them a bigot rather than discussing the issue. Americans who are Israeli sympathizers (non-jews) are very often ignorent of the facts and simply leap to the defense of Israel .

Agreed--the press here doesn't give us much in the way of Israeli opposition parties and thier platforms but I'm not sure many Americans are interested anyway. It just appears to me though criticizing the US and Bush is a world sport. Almost chic! If one disagrees with Israeli policy in the US, a US CITIZEN dismisses them by calling them a bigot rather than discussing the issue. Americans who are Israeli sympathizers (non-jews) are very often ignorent of the facts and simply leap to the defense of Israel .

We agree on the bashing of Bush being world sport, for sure. Blair takes it in GB. Chirac, a bit in GB, but no where else, not even France. Sharon, gets it world wide, but most harshly in Israel. So tell me, how is that a pass? Because US while harsh, not as harsh as Europe? Or Israel? Or because we cover their back in UN? If not us, who?

Actually the preponderance of ignorance lies among those living in totalitarian states without a free press, and with little variation all of these people among these states believe Israel is the root cause of our current conflict in the Middle East.

So actually it's kind of humorous to see other countries call Americans ignorant about the state of affairs surrounding this sole Liberal Democracy in the Middle East. As if someone else has the variety of press and media, let alone the longstanding and widespread and uncensored Internet connectivity we enjoy. I find such accusations rather silly.

Originally posted by Kathianne
We agree on the bashing of Bush being world sport, for sure. Blair takes it in GB. Chirac, a bit in GB, but no where else, not even France. Sharon, gets it world wide, but most harshly in Israel. So tell me, how is that a pass? Because US while harsh, not as harsh as Europe? Or Israel? Or because we cover their back in UN? If not us, who?

When I said free pass I was not referring to the press but to the US citizens with knee-jerk reactions to criticism of Israel. We do have a free press----It's just too bad that they aren't restricted to the truth.

When I said free pass I was not referring to the press but to the US citizens with knee-jerk reactions to criticism of Israel. We do have a free press----It's just too bad that they aren't restricted to the truth.

If you both had even bothered to read the link provided by William Joyce it is just one of many theories as to the origin of anti-semitism. It also had opposing views by the readers to the theories of the author. A theory does not either have to mean that it is the truth. By thanking someone for a thought-provoking link does not mean that link reflects my views. I found the link interesting because I have not heard those theories before and they surely are no better/worse than other theories out there.

At least I try to understand why things are the way they are, rather than resort to name calling. Finally, I don't even know who this William Joyce guy but I felt he deserved the thanks as well as some other people in the same post. What's wrong with that?

Originally posted by 777
If you both had even bothered to read the link provided by William Joyce it is just one of many theories as to the origin of anti-semitism. It also had opposing views by the readers to the theories of the author. A theory does not either have to mean that it is the truth. By thanking someone for a thought-provoking link does not mean that link reflects my views. I found the link interesting because I have not heard those theories before and they surely are no better/worse than other theories out there.

At least I try to understand why things are the way they are, rather than resort to name calling. Finally, I don't even know who this William Joyce guy but I felt he deserved the thanks as well as some other people in the same post. What's wrong with that?

Point taken and head slap to me, just don't tell DK or Evil, ok! You're right.

dilloduck said:
I would and I'm not anti-semitic . Below all the hate william spews lay some truths that Americans apparently don't want to know about and are willing to give Israel a free ride because they are a "democracy" and our "friends". Many are totally ignorant as to the Jewish faith and our politcal relationship with Israel. I can understand why the rants of a bigot would make people immediately discount everything he says but perhaps it's time that people can feel safe enough to question certain things without being called an anti-semite.

1) First Dillodick denies he is or was a Jew hater.

2) Then Dillodick says MANY are totally ignorant of the Jewish religion.

(maybe you would like to enlighten those many about the true nature of the Jewish religion)?

3) Dillodick can understand racists hatred of a small number of people who happen to believe in G-d.

Dillodick you are no anti-semite, you simply have feces where you should have had a brain.

dilloduck said:

Your knee jerk reaction to anything that Israel and the Jews do is automatically WRONG and you want a FREE US PRESS that reports the truth as only seen by Dilldough and his bigot friends.

Why don't you move to Iran Dilldough? There your FREE PRESS only publishes what you believe to be the truth....

Forum List

Back