To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Darlene, Aug 30, 2014.

?

Do You Think Children & Adults Should Be Vaccinated

1. Yes, the doctors say so

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No, chemicals don't belong in our bodies

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. sameech

sameech VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I was replying to someone who said that people not vaccinating their kids puts kids in other countries at risk, so when you claim that nobody is arguing something, you might want to read the post of the person I am addressing and not just denying reality.

As for the rest of your post, anybody who claims to be a humanist who thinks that all humans should think exactly as they do reminds me of why humanism in its modern form reminds me more of "The parts of Naziism that the disaffected WASPS like" than classical humanism. If people want to vax their kids, more more to them. If people don't, more power to them.

2. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,236
    I don't think you should think like me. Try to stick to the topic. Seriously, you're all over the place, and you're not making sense.

3. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,436
    Yes, there are worst diseases, but the likelihood of catching mumps can be significantly reduce and with enough immunization, it can be eradicated.
    The chance of catching mumps, measles, diphtheria, or whooping cough, are very low with or without immunization and the chance of catching polio or small pox is almost zero due to immunization. The more people that are immunized for viruses and bacteria the less carriers there will be spreading the disease.

Just before the measles vaccination was licensed in 1962, there were about a 150,000 cases a year and not all cases were reported. Ten years ago, we were on the verge of eliminating Measles in the US with only 50 reported cases. This year, we are at a 20 year high with 600 cases reported through Aug. If the current trends continue, measles will once again become a common childhood disease due to the rising number of unvaccinated children..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,879
    I wish I had got mine. Flu is dreadful.