To USMB- The ignore feature

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Mac1958, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Judicial review

Judicial review BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,529
    Don't worry me and her are very much alike come to find out in brains. However, I'm more emotional.

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,305
    You aren't fooling me. :)

3. Judicial review

Judicial review BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,529
    I'm more of a romantic Christine. When I watch the Pride and Predjuice with Colin Firth I focus on their relationship. Emily focuses on the terminology.

4. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,085
    I focus on the relationship first, where the perceptions and differences are coming from,
    and the terminology follows that is common to those people so we can communicate.

5. Judicial review

Judicial review BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,529
    Does it make you feel happy? emilynghiem

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,732
    This thread must live until the mods allow members to force others to ignore them. It's only fair!

7. Mertex

Mertex Cat Lady =^..^=

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,455
    Your statement is confusing. If someone puts you on ignore, you are the one that is being put on ignore, and you are saying to take it personally not with the person who put you on ignore, but with the person "put" on ignore......which is yourself! That would make it seem like if someone puts you on ignore, there is something wrong with you? I don't agree with that.....although there are some annoying persons that probably need to be put on ignore because they are constant trolls, but many people are just very sensitive and don't like controversy or being told they are wrong.....and they will put you on ignore when you challenge them. I certainly wouldn't consider something being wrong with me in such a case, but something being wrong with them. If you can't stand being challenged when you make comments, you have no business making statements that will cause that. Perhaps such people should stick to the Coffee Shop forums, or gardening or where there is no caustic debate going on.

I really don't give a crap who puts me on ignore. I'll still respond to their posts if I don't agree with what they say. I don't really care if they respond or not, and, I don't take it personally, this is just a sounding board, but if someone gets nasty with me, they're going to get nasty back.

8. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,884
    It was not meant to be confusing. To simplify - your example is the best example. As you do not care who puts you on ignore you have no reason to expect you have a problem, Mertex. The normal person should not "care" whether someone else puts them on ignore.

If you take personally someone else putting you on ignore - then - you have ever reason to examine what personally is wrong with you to exact such an emotion. Understood? I hope so because I am quite certain I did explain this already on this thread.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Mertex

Mertex Cat Lady =^..^=

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,455
    Okay, I get what you are saying.....

The thing that gets annoying is when those who put someone on ignore and then try to use it as some sort of victory over that person. The thing is, if you had to put that person on ignore, you weren't strong enough to ignore them (without the use of a forum function) or to put them in their place.....so bragging about it just makes that person look weak and needy.....needy of approval from others that they did a heroic thing. The ignore function is for a person's own satisfaction of not having to deal with another person they don't like or don't want to have to converse with, not as some trophy that you won and can keep hitting them on the head with.

10. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,884
    Mertex! Darling! TRUST ME! I'm strong enough! There just isn't enough time in a day!

• Agree Agree x 1