TO Those Whom are saved by Jesus....

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
And no, I didn't say "to Christians" on purpose - last time I did that all sorts of folks posted with a false pretense of what being a Christian really is...

Anyway.... I was wondering if any of you have noticed Bono's (U2), CoXisT armband?

He says "Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, all true. Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, all true."

Apparently he was saying, "Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, it's true...all sons of Abraham." And Bono's call to coexistance was more of a plea for the people of the world's 3 major religions to stop killing each other, instead of a call to radical universalism.

Anyone here Saved by Grace think he's into the concept of Universalism or?

I hadn't noticed Bono's armband until you pointed it out. Not exactly sure what you mean by "Universalism," but I think Bono seems to be saying that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all equally true and valid religions. And from that, I assume that he is calling all to live peacefully.

I think you need to find a board that's all Christian/all the time. Cause you really aren't interested in what anyone else says.

You gonna delete the posts again? RAFLMAO!

Take it to PM. I'm in no mood to have you mess up an otherwise good thread.

And no, I didn't say "to Christians" on purpose - last time I did that all sorts of folks posted with a false pretense of what being a Christian really is...

Anyway.... I was wondering if any of you have noticed Bono's (U2), CoXisT armband?

He says "Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, all true. Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, all true."

Apparently he was saying, "Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, it's true...all sons of Abraham." And Bono's call to coexistance was more of a plea for the people of the world's 3 major religions to stop killing each other, instead of a call to radical universalism.

Anyone here Saved by Grace think he's into the concept of Universalism or?
I think it says: Respect each others right to believe whatever they want to believe, so leave em alone cuz NO ONE knows for sure. They're arrogant ass hell if they think they do, and it is a major cause of war.

I think it says: Respect each others right to believe whatever they want to believe, so leave em alone cuz NO ONE knows for sure. They're arrogant ass hell if they think they do, and it is a major cause of war.

The only way to believe ANY of those three is to confess how that particular 'path' is the only TRUE way to God.

All three do, don't they?

I think that's kind of his point... If you claim to believe any ONE of those three religions, you will believe that this is the ONLY path to salvation. Thus, if you believe they are all equally true or valid, you cannot be an adherent to any ONE of those faiths.

In your opinion....

Two things:

Firstly - what the heck is WRONG with people who can't simply abide by ONE consideration? -Cp was asking for 'Born-again' people to share THEIR perspectives. Wow...

2ndly -

My opinion (based upon Scripture) is the only opinion which matters when it comes to my Spiritual Destination. AND the fact that it IS my opinion doesn't change the fact that it's an absolute truth.

If he was implying Christianity, Judism, and Islam are 'equal' are 'all lead to God', then he'd call Christ a Liar, no?

I hope that's not what he's implying or saying.... I guess I need to do more research to find out what his implications are...

If he's suggesting that they're all the same in that they're desendants from Abraham - that'd be true....

However, if he's implying what you suggested, then of course he's wrong...

Absolutely....

Yeah it does change, because it is only YOUR opinion...

Grump you really are a fucking asshole. This thread was very specific in whom it was targeted to, why do you feel the need to be a jackoff prick and come in with your negative bullshit in every thread about God?

Yeah, yeah........we all know already, your a soulless and godless idiot, keep it to yourself until called upon from now on.

Next moron who comes in and Hijack's one of my threads is gonna have a while to go "think about it" - this is getting VERY old....

I couldn't speak to Bono's intentions behind the armband, but my overall impression of him is that he is a decent guy, is deeply intrigued by Christianity, but suffers from a Messianic complex.

jesus saved everyone .... some just don't know it yet

I think we are on a similar page.

I think that if God is out there, he saves all of those who do good things on Earth. Even those people who may not be Christian. In a lot of ways religion is not a choice, I don't think God would punish people for this.

Was Jesus a deluded person when He said that He was the only way to the Father(God)? Jesus was either a lunatic, liar, or God incarnate.

It's funny how folks will venerate Jesus; call him a great prophet/wise man, yet most would emphatically be put on the "spot" if asked if they believed He was the only way/means to God.

I don't know if it's called "universalism" but I would definitely call it the "signs of these times".

It's the "I'm ok, your ok" religion.:mm:

Forum List

Back