To Those Who Believe.....

5b6e60fd1c143af5f2dcd18ce6b190a0.jpg

Happy Winter Solstice, Y'all!!

The reason for the season! :rock:

Today the son sun quits dying, lays low for three days, and then resurrects starts ascending again ensuring Life for the crops in the coming Easter Spring. About 6pm Eastern IIRC.

It's the whole reason we dress up houses, bushes and trees in lights --- sympathetic magic to bring back the Light. In a few days we'll find out if it worked.

Was hail! Happy Solstice! Huzzah!

Actually, winters in Florida are cold. At least compared to summers in Florida.

Compared to winters in Cleveland, winters in Florida are paradise.

Proving once again that I may be average, but I'm not stupid. :thup:

The Original Stone Soup Story from 1808,
“To Make Stone Soup”

A traveler, apparently wearied, arrived one morning at a small village that lies to the north of Schauffhausen, on the road toe Zurich, in Switzerland. A good woman sat spinning and singing at the door of her cottage; he came up to her; talked first about the roughness of the roads, and then of the prospect of a luxuriant vintage along the banks of the Rhine: at last he asked her if she had any fire?

“To be sure I have! How should I dress my dinner else?”

“Oh, then,” said the Traveler, “as your pot is on...

More: The Original Stone Soup story from 1808 Stone Soup the Leading Publisher of Writing by Kids

Food, friends and rebirth! :beer:

Uh --- you're in Florida Sherry. It's stuck on summer. :eusa_doh:

When it dips below 80, it's no longer summer...we've actually had freeze warnings on the Nature Coast.

It was 31 this morning when I went swimming. Pool was 70 and everything was just peachy for the winter solstice. Pity that they pool will be closed for Christmas but I don't begrudge them the day off.

Happy holidays to all! :)

- at least the days will be getting longer, in N Florida the winter is over on March 1st.

Forum List

Back