To the YOUTH in this country--from a Tea Partier

So why do we have a Supreme Court? THEY have the ultimate power to make law, based on INTENT of the Constitution. The USSC does not initiate the amendment process to do so.

Intellectual laziness and indoctrination of the youth, is what is wrong

The Supreme Court is to "interpret" the law, not make it. Geez.

We really are in trouble

Congress for Kids: [Constitution]: The Three Branches of Government ;)

All right, so the use of "make law" was incorrect, but you're surely smart enough to know what I meant. Laws are created all the time, and when challenged as unconstitutional, it is the Supreme Court that decides. Better?

That said, and this explains my point better, to quote Justice Charles Evans Hughes: "We are under a constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is."

Well, I am smart enough, but it requires assuming what you meant. You really want ME to go there. :lol: Yes, your relpy is much better. Thank you. Justice Hughes was a bit full of himself however, the legislature can make a new law at any time (with the President's signature) and it will hold as long as it is not challenged in the Supreme Court or the Constitution is amended specifically to the issue in question. The power is with the people.

Forum List

Back