To the YOUTH in this country--from a Tea Partier

There is only one guarantee in life..........things will change. Nothing lasts forever. So, rather than spending your time trying to resist change, why not plan for it. The life the tea partiers are pining for is gone, so rather than sitting and complaining about wanting back what was, why not roll up your sleeves and get in there and help design the future that these kids you're so concerned about will live in. That future won't contain what your past had. Life doesn't work that way. By no means am I saying that those who oppose tea partiers have all of the answers.

But I do know, that everything will change. And we will be worse off it things change to what was.

We have been demonizided as Nazi's- & or as grass roots effort that was referrred to as "asto turf, etc. etc. I have been around for 57 years & have never in my life seen such outrage within citizens my age,-even during the Viet Nam war which my husband was a part of.

The majority of Tea Patiers have never protested in their entire lives. They're out there freezing thier asses off--in all kinds of weather--out there for you kids.

We are all older & could give a damm about what happens to us, but it's you kids & our grandchildren that we care about. We know that when it comes to paying off this bill--we'll be DEAD.

You see--we just want the same for you kids that we had. Opportunity--to do what-ever-in-the-hell-you-want-to-do-without-big-government-telling-you-it-was-going to take from-you because-you-had-to-pay-for-someone-else-that-didn't-have-your-ambtiton.

So for you younsters. The next time you see a "Teapartier"--Walk up & give them a big hug--because they are not there for themselves-they are there for YOU."

View attachment 8811

I could just barf. Kids would be better off getting advice from Charles Manson than from you.

You taking kids to visit Manson? Sounds about right since you don't want them to understand the impact on government the Constitution should have or how current spending will effect them. Keeping those you steal from confused is very helpful.

We have been demonizided as Nazi's- & or as grass roots effort that was referrred to as "asto turf, etc. etc. I have been around for 57 years & have never in my life seen such outrage within citizens my age,-even during the Viet Nam war which my husband was a part of.

The majority of Tea Patiers have never protested in their entire lives. They're out there freezing thier asses off--in all kinds of weather--out there for you kids.

We are all older & could give a damm about what happens to us, but it's you kids & our grandchildren that we care about. We know that when it comes to paying off this bill--we'll be DEAD.

You see--we just want the same for you kids that we had. Opportunity--to do what-ever-in-the-hell-you-want-to-do-without-big-government-telling-you-it-was-going to take from-you because-you-had-to-pay-for-someone-else-that-didn't-have-your-ambtiton.

So for you younsters. The next time you see a "Teapartier"--Walk up & give them a big hug--because they are not there for themselves-they are there for YOU."

View attachment 8811

I could just barf. Kids would be better off getting advice from Charles Manson than from you.

You taking kids to visit Manson? Sounds about right since you don't want them to understand the impact on government the Constitution should have or how current spending will effect them. Keeping those you steal from confused is very helpful.

Take some classes in reading comprehension, will ya???

It was a question followed by commentary. Get a grip and up your comprehension

Oreo, where is the outrage when the GOP is in leadership and spending like all other big-governmentarians. Why does it take Democrats being in power for the so-called liberty lovers to organize? People like me, who complain about collectivism no matter who is in Washington, get derided as "Constitution-huggers and kooks" in GOP-led years but have an audience during Democrat-led years.
If McCain had won the presidency and done everything the same as Obama, would you be telling me that it is only compassionate conservatism?

Children, If you end up with class sizes of 70+. Your college tuition goes up so much very few can afford to go to college and if they do go they will have high interest loans you will never be able to pay back.

Children, If there are no more school sponsored sports and extra curricular activities because there are no funds.

Children who have absolute losers for parents who do not provide the necessities of life and you depend on government agencies for food and cloths and it is no longer available.

Children, if all these things happen you will know the tea party kooks have won.

Children I would not suggest hugging any of the misdirected kooks even if their intentions are good.

Actually, if just some or if that is all that happens, you will know that the Tea Parties have won. That is because it will be a lot worse if the tea parties lose.

A commentary??? Nothing you said in the highlighted post above is true. I didn't say any of those things. So if there is nothing wrong with your reading comprehension, then what is it?? You like to tell lies and call it a commentary??

View attachment 8811

DUH...any particular reason for your moronic post??
Dementia, I suspect.

Oreo, where is the outrage when the GOP is in leadership and spending like all other big-governmentarians. Why does it take Democrats being in power for the so-called liberty lovers to organize? People like me, who complain about collectivism no matter who is in Washington, get derided as "Constitution-huggers and kooks" in GOP-led years but have an audience during Democrat-led years.
If McCain had won the presidency and done everything the same as Obama, would you be telling me that it is only compassionate conservatism?
You seem to be ignoring a few bell shaped curves...and using a ridiculous hypothetical scenario to express your valid opinion.

Obama ran as a Democrat. He is nowhere near the traditional mold of a Democrat. He is as left as you can get without running into Karl Marx.

We've had some good Democrat Presidents, some damaging Democrat Presidents and some worthless Democrat Presidents. You may repeat that sentence with "Republican" substituted for "Democrat". The phrases "GOP-led years" and "Democrat-led year" are essentially meaningless. Though there is also a bell shaped curve attached to the political bent of each President, they are better described today as either leaning left, right or somewhere in between. They can be socially left, fiscally right; socially left, fiscally left; socially right, fiscally left; socially right, fiscally right...and there are bell shaped curves attached to each of those traits, so the number of unique possible characters to serve as President is infinite rather than just the four described above.

Similarly, differences between past, present and future versions of the two parties makes it even less convincing to use the term "(party)-led years". Both parties have evolved from beginning to now and I expect will continue to do so. There was a time when my mother was proud to call herself a Democrat. That time has passed.

A commentary??? Nothing you said in the highlighted post above is true. I didn't say any of those things. So if there is nothing wrong with your reading comprehension, then what is it?? You like to tell lies and call it a commentary??

Rinata, you took a ridiculous statement and got called on it. It is YOUR responsibility to explain yourself. You basically said kids would be better influenced by Charles Manson than someone who is a tea party member. A completely false statement. I simply made a comment that you didn't like because it showed the lack of thought in your post. Deal with it. Preferably in an adult manner where you reexplain that you disagree with tea party members on the impact of government on kid's lives.

In the long run, you can continue your childish pokes and wild claims, or become a civil person of discourse. Your choice.

What I like to know from a Tea Party member is what they want for themselves and for others. They sure do not want healthcare for themselves and for all their family members. Being in Tennessee, I sure know they do not want to have dentures even that they only have a few teeth left as I have talked with a few.

What I like to know from a Tea Party member is what they want for themselves and for others. They sure do not want healthcare for themselves and for all their family members. Being in Tennessee, I sure know they do not want to have dentures even that they only have a few teeth left as I have talked with a few.

They want the US Constitution followed. If that means health care reform takes a different form fine. If it means we have to work harder and help our neighbor PERSONALLY good.

Note the important difference between wanting health care and being forced to accept this radical new approach. They woudl like the government to live within their means as well. This means we pay as we go and not burden future generations with our present needs. That is extremely selfish to expect the future to pay for our entitlements now.

They want the US Constitution followed. If that means health care reform takes a different form fine. If it means we have to work harder and help our neighbor PERSONALLY good.

Note the important difference between wanting health care and being forced to accept this radical new approach. They woudl like the government to live within their means as well. This means we pay as we go and not burden future generations with our present needs. That is extremely selfish to expect the future to pay for our entitlements now.

Were in the United States Constitution that a single person can opt out of the laws? There are thousands of laws that we have to follow with all of us that was not even thought about during the 18 th century.

I remember when people didn't want to have future generations burdened with paying for a certain foreign policy decision they felt was detrimental to the country's interests in the long run. Their protests came to naught and now we're all stuck with the bill for it for a long time. No matter how reasoned some of those who spoke out against it were, more often than not they were portrayed like this:

ED-AG369A_PODHO_20070910172919.jpg

View attachment 8811

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You have just won a first class membership into ( The Nit Wit Liberal Loon Nut Club) please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can all see what STUPID looks like.:lol:

Last edited:
The original poster is very old.
A year older than I am.
Raise up and tell them to FUCK OFF !
We failed you.:mad:
I'm very, very, sorry. :eusa_eh:
We were brainwashed and inundated with " entertainment".Drugs, sex and booze.
They are trying the same thing with you.
They will fail:eusa_angel:

You have the ultimate weapon of their destruction ! Use it !
It is the internet ! If they try to control the net ? You have to go "old school"
GUNS !

I have no fault with tea partiers who know what they're talking about and who protest peacefully. These are not the ones carrying ugly posters and yelling obscenities. But I'm guessing the majority of people who attend these things really DON'T know a lot of history from an economic perspective.

They are representative of a couple of generations who have received trophies for being last as well as first in any competition, never known what life without a computer or cell phone was like, take pills for everything uncomfortable (physically and mentally), have never known that wars have to be paid for, never known the pain and suffering of war unless they have been on the battle fields, and they have lived large enjoying what they consider necessities but which were extravagances 50 years ago.

The younger generations are unable to grasp the full impact of anything other than the here and now. Thus they tend to judge the relevance of single incidents on the basis of sound-bite prioritizing, but rarely do single events become a force majeure which propels either the full destruction or full success of anything. A me vs. them mentality will fail every time.

There is only one guarantee in life..........things will change. Nothing lasts forever. So, rather than spending your time trying to resist change, why not plan for it. The life the tea partiers are pining for is gone, so rather than sitting and complaining about wanting back what was, why not roll up your sleeves and get in there and help design the future that these kids you're so concerned about will live in. That future won't contain what your past had. Life doesn't work that way. By no means am I saying that those who oppose tea partiers have all of the answers.

But I do know, that everything will change. And we will be worse off it things change to what was.

I totally agree. We learn from history what works and what does not.

DUH...any particular reason for your moronic post??
Dementia, I suspect.

You seem to be ignoring a few bell shaped curves...and using a ridiculous hypothetical scenario to express your valid opinion.

Obama ran as a Democrat. He is nowhere near the traditional mold of a Democrat. He is as left as you can get without running into Karl Marx.

We've had some good Democrat Presidents, some damaging Democrat Presidents and some worthless Democrat Presidents. You may repeat that sentence with "Republican" substituted for "Democrat". The phrases "GOP-led years" and "Democrat-led year" are essentially meaningless. Though there is also a bell shaped curve attached to the political bent of each President, they are better described today as either leaning left, right or somewhere in between. They can be socially left, fiscally right; socially left, fiscally left; socially right, fiscally left; socially right, fiscally right...and there are bell shaped curves attached to each of those traits, so the number of unique possible characters to serve as President is infinite rather than just the four described above.

Similarly, differences between past, present and future versions of the two parties makes it even less convincing to use the term "(party)-led years". Both parties have evolved from beginning to now and I expect will continue to do so. There was a time when my mother was proud to call herself a Democrat. That time has passed.

If Obama was a Marxist, he would have simply nationalized the banks and the auto industry. He would have told credit card companies they could no longer charge outrageous interest rates and put a cap on the amount they could charge in interest and penalties. He would simply raise taxes to pay for health care. He has done none of those things. In fact, what he HAS done is assured that free market capitalism is NOT harmed by further government ownership and/or regulation over an out-of-control economy which is managed by the private sector. And there's more work to be done while attempting to maintain that delicate balance.

Forum List

Back