To the idiots who don't believe we went to the moon .

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Shut up. It's uneducated, ignorant conspiracy theorists like you making us real
conspiracy researchers look bad.

Here's a fact: We went to the moon in 1969
NEW YORK (AP) — Fifty years after Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon, some people insist it never happened and was all a big hoax by the U.S. government.

The suspicions arose even as the lunar landing was taking place in 1969, said Roger Launius, NASA’s former chief historian. Soon, conspiracy theories that said it was an elaborate, Hollywood-style production created on a soundstage on Earth started to take root.

The notion is treated mostly as a punchline, as in a new commercial for Red Bull. But public opinion polls over the years have consistently shown roughly 5% to 6% of Americans believe the moon landing was faked, Launius said.

The Russians were the first to land on the moon

Next, he'll be saying Obama's birth certificate is real, or that there aren't any FEMA prisons. I don't want to be around when Bigfoot hears about this.

The Russians were the first to land on the moon

nope...

Alice was

th

NEW YORK (AP) — Fifty years after Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon, some people insist it never happened and was all a big hoax by the U.S. government.

The suspicions arose even as the lunar landing was taking place in 1969, said Roger Launius, NASA’s former chief historian. Soon, conspiracy theories that said it was an elaborate, Hollywood-style production created on a soundstage on Earth started to take root.

The notion is treated mostly as a punchline, as in a new commercial for Red Bull. But public opinion polls over the years have consistently shown roughly 5% to 6% of Americans believe the moon landing was faked, Launius said.

Going to the moon is an impossibility. Otherwise green cheese would be cheaper and every store would carry it.

Have you seen how expensive that stuff is?

With the technology of the Era, it was actually cheaper and easier to actually go to the moon than it would have been to fake it. Special Effects were pathetic by modern standards.

Even a decade later, special effects were not like the reality.

I saw it on TV in 3rd grade with the rest of my elementary school.
They rented black and white televisions for all the classrooms.

You must have gone to one of those year round special schools. July 20th 1969 was not during the School year anywhere in 1969. You should have gone to school year round though! You might have learned this basic Historical fact! :slap::spank:

Exactly. NASA just announced plans to stage a new all-female moon-landing by 2024.

Exactly. NASA just announced plans to stage a new all-female moon-landing by 2024.

Any chance it's Omar Ilhan? AOC?? Rashid Talib??? Warren???? Hillary??? to name a few...….

You must have gone to one of those year round special schools. July 20th 1969 was not during the School year anywhere in 1969. You should have gone to school year round though! You might have learned this basic Historical fact! :slap::spank:
It must have been Apollo 12 we saw then.
Thank you for correcting my recollection. :113:
( it was 50 years ago-- I'm usually doing good to remember what happened 50 days ago)

[Apollo 12 was the sixth crewed flight in the United States Apollo program and the second to land on the Moon. It was launched on November 14, 1969, from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, four months after Apollo 11. ]
Apollo 12 - Wikipedia

Last edited:

It must have been Apollo 12 we saw then.
Thank you for correcting my recollection. :113:
( it was 50 years ago-- I'm usually doing good to remember what happened 50 days ago)

[Apollo 12 was the sixth crewed flight in the United States Apollo program and the second to land on the Moon. It was launched on November 14, 1969, from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, four months after Apollo 11. ]
Apollo 12 - Wikipedia
That's the one we watched. I was 8 then! it was a big event. 14 yrs later I watched Columbia land at White sands New Mexico its only soft surface landing STS3. Thanks for the Memories!!!!!

Even in today's science fiction movies and TV shows they don't bother to simulate low gravity because it's too expensive a special effect.

Forum List

Back