To the fringe left and right - stop pretending to care about America

Well...that is a very simple way for you to look at the situation. I suppose it makes you feel better.

For some reason, people who identify as a gender that doesn't meet your definition are threatening to
you.

^^ cuck ^^

Projection pure and simple. How may gender's are there?

There are many genders. There are two biological sexes...male and female as determined by number of chromosomes and levels of estrogen and testosterone. However, a small percentage of people are born "intersex".

Biological sex and gender are not the same thing. You should do a little research.

I knew you'd say that ;) You're a fringe hack.
Science says there are wait for it...………………………………...TWO.
You see facts as malleable things able to be bent to match your views.

You are dismissed.
"
gen·der
/ˈjendər/
noun
noun: gender; plural noun: genders

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones.

How pressing is the gender definition disagreement?

The question did what it was designed to do, it revealed as a liar. He isn't a moderate at all, he is a partisan hack.

I am a partisan hack because I have the ability to respect an individual's self determined gender? That's odd.

Who claimed that I am a moderate? I am a pragmatic lefty.

" individual's self determined gender"

Science doesn't allow for self determination. You aren't up to this kid.

Projection pure and simple. How may gender's are there?

There are many genders. There are two biological sexes...male and female as determined by number of chromosomes and levels of estrogen and testosterone. However, a small percentage of people are born "intersex".

Biological sex and gender are not the same thing. You should do a little research.

You are dismissed.
"
gen·der
/ˈjendər/
noun

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones.

How pressing is the gender definition disagreement?

The question did what it was designed to do, it revealed as a liar. He isn't a moderate at all, he is a partisan hack.

I am a partisan hack because I have the ability to respect an individual's self determined gender? That's odd.

Who claimed that I am a moderate? I am a pragmatic lefty.

You are not "pragmatic" either.

"
prag·mat·ic
/praɡˈmadik/

adjective
adjective: pragmatic
  1. dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
"practical rather than theoretical considerations"

Gender fluidity and gender self determination are purely theoretical positions.

You are dismissed.
"
gen·der
/ˈjendər/
noun

Well...that is a very simple way for you to look at the situation. I suppose it makes you feel better.

For some reason, people who identify as a gender that doesn't meet your definition are threatening to
you.

I'm not threatened by anyone son, too much experience and training.
You are a partisan hack who demands that only HIS views are correct. One simple question exposed your lies.
I knew it would.

Whoa! Experience and training! That sounds serious. have you ever read any books or articles discussing the difference between biological sex and gender?

LOL, sorry son. I do not have to resort to twisting definitions for my position. You had to parse the words "biological" and "gender". In order to make your point you must use "modifiers" to the words. in order to change their meaning to fit your needs. That is a hallmark of the fringes of both sides. Are you raising your kids in a "gender neutral" way?

You want to talk about my kids?

My oldest son is a cisgender male. He's 30 and is a police detective. Very manly.
My middle son is a cisgender male. He's 26 and is a recent digital media grad. A gentle soul.
My little girl is a bisexual female. She's 21 and manages the outreach department for a US Congresswoman.

I raised them all to be respectful of others and to not force their ideals or morals on others. I recommend that to you.

I've tried that. I'll admit a few of the right wingers cut me a break, but I swear to God some of these posters are bots. Replying to them is like pushing the button on the political Coke machine. Another 16 oz. of product will come rolling at me, but it seldom has anything to do with what I said. It's just rants based on stereotypes and misinformation and other frustrating bullshit. And then when I won't let them get away with their crap, they start the personal insults etc.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't come here to think. They already know everything. You won't reach them on a philosophical level, but I bet if people started talking about and thinking about deals that could possibly be made in congress we could do things a lot of people would be happy with. Obviously with some issues that'll be impossible, but I refuse to believe there's no way to cooperate.

This disagreement isn't worth political deadlock.

I beg to differ sir, if one side or the other is allowed to twist the meanings of words to suit their agenda there can ONLY be political deadlock.

When someone tells you that they identify as a gender that isn't congruent with their biological sex, what is your response?

He has his mind made up. He is telling you in no uncertain terms he is not interested in compromise.

People can be made to see reason. I will never stop believing that. It might be extra hard in his case. There's a good chance he will die angry and uncooperative, but it doesn't mean something else is impossible.

Meh...
People can be made to see reason.
Both of John McCain's shoulders were broken, thus causing him extreme pain, and he became a traitor to the country by telling the Commies about the US forces. Is this the reason you are talking about? The liberals use these tactics to shut down arguments about FREEDOM all the time, yet you say we on the Right are to radical...Something is really wrong with your grey matter...

You are dismissed.
"
gen·der
/ˈjendər/
noun

you.

You are a partisan hack who demands that only HIS views are correct. One simple question exposed your lies.
I knew it would.

Whoa! Experience and training! That sounds serious. have you ever read any books or articles discussing the difference between biological sex and gender?

LOL, sorry son. I do not have to resort to twisting definitions for my position. You had to parse the words "biological" and "gender". In order to make your point you must use "modifiers" to the words. in order to change their meaning to fit your needs. That is a hallmark of the fringes of both sides. Are you raising your kids in a "gender neutral" way?

My oldest son is a cisgender male. He's 30 and is a police detective. Very manly.
My middle son is a cisgender male. He's 26 and is a recent digital media grad. A gentle soul.
My little girl is a bisexual female. She's 21 and manages the outreach department for a US Congresswoman.

I raised them all to be respectful of others and to not force their ideals or morals on others. I recommend that to you.

More twisting, you simply cannot leave your agenda out of any of this. I invite you to show where I am attempting to force anything on anyone. Speaking the truth and backing it up is not "force". My niece is a lesbian and my sister is Bi-Sexual. I suggest you return to real pragmatism and science.

I beg to differ sir, if one side or the other is allowed to twist the meanings of words to suit their agenda there can ONLY be political deadlock.

You can disagree on the meaning of words while agreeing to make other deals. The whole show doesn't need to come screeching to a halt over a couple of philosophical impasses.

you.

I knew it would.

More twisting, you simply cannot leave your agenda out of any of this. I invite you to show where I am attempting to force anything on anyone. Speaking the truth and backing it up is not "force". My niece is a lesbian and my sister is Bi-Sexual. I suggest you return to real pragmatism and science.

Have you had discussions with them about gender identity?

You are dismissed.
"
gen·der
/ˈjendər/
noun

you.

I knew it would.

Ahhhh that explains it. I was wondering where the illogic was coming from but now I get it. Especially as a parent. Make sense.

When someone tells you that they identify as a gender that isn't congruent with their biological sex, what is your response?

LOL, they can say anything they want, believe anything they want and live however they want. If they press the issue I would say exactly the same things I've said to you. How they "identify" in no way abrogates Science.
Sorry.

One needs only to look at who is attacking the OP to understand how incorrect he is with his "both sides" bullshit.

Clearly this thread didn't turn out as intended.

You are one of the angriest lefties on this forum. "We're not as angry and uncooperative as they are." isn't exactly a bar I'm comfortable with staying at.
I can think of at least four posters who are far angrier than Lesh. Although for this argument, no, she's not getting the spirit of the thing either.

I knew it would.

Have you had discussions with them about gender identity?

No reason to unless they bring it up. They do however know how I "feel" about them. They know that I do not judge them, their lives are their own.
Sorry, this isn't working for you here ;)

Time to grow up lil guy.

If they're not going to kill each other they should find a way to cooperate on some things.

Before I spend any time on this, would you consider me to be on the fringe left?

Consider? You are the epitome of the fringe left

OK. I'm sure that you can support that claim.

So you have three biological girls as kids, correct? I just want to understand your POV in full context.

Forum List

Back