To the doctors on the board, serious question...

I cook all my food throughly. I believe that a person will live a longer life if they eat the most thoroughly cooked food, to be sure that any and all bacteria are killed in the process. I don't want swine flu, or chicken flu, mad cow disease, or angry horse disease, or slightly peeved lamb disease. Oh, and e-coli too. That one looks pretty gross.

I even cook my steaks well done. Like, ZERO pink. I've been taken out back of steakhouses, beaten mercilessly, thrown into the dumpster and left for dead over asking for a filet well done. But I don't care, it's for the greater good. I also like my chicken cooked so thoroughly, that any hint of a pinkish hue gets it put back in the fire.

I'm asking for a doctor's SERIOUS opinion on this.

And not someone like fake Dr. Xox, who will most likely come in, make some kind of cryptic joke about a chicken crossing the road, that when analyzed, really just means "I have an anal fixation for Del" like all his other posts.

I want some straight up factual opinions.

say what?

Not a doctor, but...

In order to "cook out" mad cow disease would mean cooking the meat until it is beyond inedible. We're not talking "well done". The temperatures required to render mad-cow disease inert literally disintegrates the meat to near ash status.
The infectious agent that causes Mad Cow are prions - very different from a virus and a bacteria and even any other cellular pathogen. Autoclaves don't even destroy prions, so making crispy critters for dinner won't help on that front.

I'm not sure what the OP's question is, though.

quite right about the prions, and the most infected part of the animal is along the spine, so cow tails and ribs won't be good for you or any brain material either. and as for steak and hamburger? rinse the steak off and cook well done. Never eat hamburger raw, it e- coli is there it has been ground in along with the meat whereas the e coli on steak just sits on the surface. cook hamburger well don.but I'm no doctor.

btw paulie you dont need to be a doctor you just need to be a good cook to deal with y our non questions

What's with this non-question shit?

I clearly asked for an opinion on what I typed in my OP.

There's some people around here who might have been eating too much undercooked meat and suffering from wasting disease.

And Rav, I know the whole thing is a WH conspiracy.

I hope though, that your (funny, btw) joke wasn't directed at me for some specific reason, like as if those are the kinds of things I claim about this White House.

My only conspiracy theory at this point is that Obama is merely painted black to get the votes he got. I mean, I'm not a kook Rav.

Forum List

Back