To the doctors on the board, serious question...

Right. I also get the impression that there may be some concern that one can catch the swine flu from meat? Not sure, though. Unless someone infected sneezes on your meat, it makes no sense to discuss cooking food with respect to the flu.

Good to see I am not the only one a bit confused about the questions.

I'm thinking that this entire thread was to call me out and claim that I'm not a doctor.
No shit? Man, I have to get more in the loop of the current ad hominems.

I'm pretty confident you are based on the content of your posts. ;)

I'm pretty confident that I am based on the amount of my loans.

I cook all my food throughly. I believe that a person will live a longer life if they eat the most thoroughly cooked food, to be sure that any and all bacteria are killed in the process. I don't want swine flu, or chicken flu, mad cow disease, or angry horse disease, or slightly peeved lamb disease. Oh, and e-coli too. That one looks pretty gross.

I even cook my steaks well done. Like, ZERO pink. I've been taken out back of steakhouses, beaten mercilessly, thrown into the dumpster and left for dead over asking for a filet well done. But I don't care, it's for the greater good. I also like my chicken cooked so thoroughly, that any hint of a pinkish hue gets it put back in the fire.

I'm asking for a doctor's SERIOUS opinion on this.

And not someone like fake Dr. Xox, who will most likely come in, make some kind of cryptic joke about a chicken crossing the road, that when analyzed, really just means "I have an anal fixation for Del" like all his other posts.

I want some straight up factual opinions.

I would be very happy to answer any and all of your questions.

However, you didn't ask one.

Sorry you couldn't recognize the obvious context that I was wondering if well-cooked meat increased the likelihood of better health.

This wasn't enough:

I'm asking for a doctor's SERIOUS opinion on this.

Same here. I didn't see a "?" anywhere.
Right. I also get the impression that there may be some concern that one can catch the swine flu from meat? Not sure, though. Unless someone infected sneezes on your meat, it makes no sense to discuss cooking food with respect to the flu.

I'm thinking that this entire thread was to call me out and claim that I'm not a doctor.

Nah, I believe you are. It was to ask any of the docs here my serious question, and also to call you out on your love of Del :D

My subsequent reps seemed to confirm my beliefs.

You know I love you though, doc. :thup:

Last edited:
Serious question was in the thread title, "serious opinion" was typed in the post.

I'm surprised, for some reason, that some of you didn't get my drift.

Nah, I believe you are. It was to ask any of the docs here my serious question, and also to call you out on your love of Del :D

I love del?

Do you mean "like"?

Or do you mean "passionate obscession"?

Let me make this clear: I WOULD NEVER BAREBACK DEL!

(No offense to you, del.)

I love del?

Do you mean "like"?

Xotoxi is to Del as Dis is to Gunny.

I love del?

Do you mean "like"?

Xotoxi is to Del as Dis is to Gunny.

I don't neg rep enough.

So you're going on record as saying you wouldn't give Del the ol' 'tubesteak' (uncooked)?

I had a doctor tell me yesterday at a wedding I attended that he didn't suggest getting the H1N1 flu shot but rather pump my body with a lot of Vitamin D. I couldn't believe he told me this since I'm already on Mega dosage of Vitamin D. I was like...YIPPY

As far as food, I don't eat meat very much and when I do it's well done. I wash my veggies. There is no way to safe guard anything you eat unless you grow it yourself.

Don't sweat the small stuff, take normal cleanliness precautions and live your life. Dang you can get hurt by crossing the street, do you sit there and stress over the variables in crossing that street?

I had a doctor tell me yesterday at a wedding I attended that he didn't suggest getting the H1N1 flu shot but rather pump my body with a lot of Vitamin D. I couldn't believe he told me this since I'm already on Mega dosage of Vitamin D. I was like...YIPPY

Seen his type before. He obviously wanted to pump you full of vitamin D himself. :eusa_whistle:

You don't need to cook meat at all, Paulie. Those "problems" you hear about...e.coli, mad cow disease, etc. are just made up by someone inside the White House that has ties to the charcoal industry.

Wake the fuck up!

pork is no longer the killer it once was and you can serve it "pink" raw eggs are more dangerous than undercooked chicken....

stop ruining your meat....get a meat themometer and use it

Overcooking fruits and veggies is a mistake for sure.You're deestroying much of their nutrioal value.

As to meat?

Sounds to me like you're overcooking that too.

No harm in that I suppose, just a waste of good cuts of meat.

New Topics

Forum List

Back