To Tell The Truth?

fullpower

Aug 13, 2019
I have been saying here and there that I dare not speak the truth here. Somebody in a reply in another thread told me that they knew what I was getting at. So why not just spit it out. Well I just gave one reason here. But I will give you another. Upton Sinclair once basically said, "It is hard to get somebody to understand the truth. Especially when their salary depends on them not understanding it." Though instead of using the word "difficult," I would have said "nearly impossible."

In a way, you can view the current socioeconomic system you now live in as where your salary comes from. You could be whipped daily and be made to eat shit. But you wouldn't want to change it. Because it is all you know. And where your salary directly or indirectly comes from. Basically forcing you to not understand anything different. But I will tell you if you want. Even though you are basically hypnotized to not understand it. But I won't do so here. Just send me a PM. I will give you my email address. You can email me and I will tell you. Then I will delete your email address. Neither will I give it to anybody else. And if you're really worried about it, use an anonymous email. Then be prepared to regret what I will tell you.

I have been saying here and there that I dare not speak the truth here. Somebody in a reply in another thread told me that they knew what I was getting at. So why not just spit it out. Well I just gave one reason here. But I will give you another. Upton Sinclair once basically said, "It is hard to get somebody to understand the truth. Especially when their salary depends on them not understanding it." Though instead of using the word "difficult," I would have said "nearly impossible."

In a way, you can view the current socioeconomic system you now live in as where your salary comes from. You could be whipped daily and be made to eat shit. But you wouldn't want to change it. Because it is all you know. And where your salary directly or indirectly comes from. Basically forcing you to not understand anything different. But I will tell you if you want. Even though you are basically hypnotized to not understand it. But I won't do so here. Just send me a PM. I will give you my email address. You can email me and I will tell you. Then I will delete your email address. Neither will I give it to anybody else. And if you're really worried about it, use an anonymous email. Then be prepared to regret what I will tell you.

2540584_0.jpg

Stick to your FTL drive.

sheeple.jpg

• Banned

Stick to your FTL drive.

Oh, so you doubt that too. I'm not surprised. Tell me, should I put you on ignore now or later.

Oh, okay. The email thing sounds good.

And since you seem like such a nice guy before I delete your email address I’ll share it with this really nice guy from Lagos, Nigeria I met yesterday when he showed up in my email, and boy are you gonna want to thank me for that in a few days!

When Pontius Pilate interrogated Jesus before his crucifixion, Jesus proclaimed that "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." (John 18:37). To this, Pilate replied "What is truth?" and immediately left Jesus to address the Jews who wanted Christ crucified (v. 38). As Francis Bacon wrote in his essay "On Truth," "'What is truth?' said jesting Pilate; and would not stay for an answer." Although we have no record of any reply by Jesus, Christians affirm that Pilate was staring Truth in the face, for Jesus had earlier said to Thomas, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

This exchange raises the perennial question of the nature of truth. What does it mean for a statement to be true? This has been a subject of much debate in postmodernist circles, where the traditional view of truth as objective and knowable is no longer accepted. Many even outside of academic discussions may be as cynical about truth as Pilate. "What is truth?" they smirk, without waiting for an answer. But unless we are clear about the notion of truth, any religious claim to truth--Christian or otherwise--will perplex more than enlighten. Before attempting to determine which claims are true, we need to understand the nature of truth itself.

source>

What is Truth

Jesus answered, ". Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

"What is truth?" Pilate asked.

Devotional About Pontius Pilate (Bible History Online)

Stick to your FTL drive.

Oh, so you doubt that too. I'm not surprised. Tell me, should I put you on ignore now or later.
If your understanding of physics is as complete as your understanding of car audio, you may as well give that up, too.

When Pontius Pilate interrogated Jesus before his crucifixion, Jesus proclaimed that "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." (John 18:37). To this, Pilate replied "What is truth?" and immediately left Jesus to address the Jews who wanted Christ crucified (v. 38). As Francis Bacon wrote in his essay "On Truth," "'What is truth?' said jesting Pilate; and would not stay for an answer." Although we have no record of any reply by Jesus, Christians affirm that Pilate was staring Truth in the face, for Jesus had earlier said to Thomas, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

This exchange raises the perennial question of the nature of truth. What does it mean for a statement to be true? This has been a subject of much debate in postmodernist circles, where the traditional view of truth as objective and knowable is no longer accepted. Many even outside of academic discussions may be as cynical about truth as Pilate. "What is truth?" they smirk, without waiting for an answer. But unless we are clear about the notion of truth, any religious claim to truth--Christian or otherwise--will perplex more than enlighten. Before attempting to determine which claims are true, we need to understand the nature of truth itself.

source>

What a bunch of crap. First, I can tell you how to spot what is untrue. It is in the length it takes to explain what truth is. But truth is an easy concept. Truth is that which isn't untrue. That is it.

Oh, okay. The email thing sounds good.

And since you seem like such a nice guy before I delete your email address I’ll share it with this really nice guy from Lagos, Nigeria I met yesterday when he showed up in my email, and boy are you gonna want to thank me for that in a few days!

From the way you sound, I don't want you to email me. But if you had, I wouldn't have shared your email address with anybody. Why would you do it to me. But that is just a rhetorical question . Because I already know the answer. It's because you're an asshole.

Stick to your FTL drive.

If your understanding of physics is as complete as your understanding of car audio, you may as well give that up, too.

What's the matter. Was discussing this topic in the thread I created for it getting too hot for you? It's too bad you skipped out on it. You might have learned something.

Stick to your FTL drive.

What's the matter. Was discussing this topic in the thread I created for it getting too hot for you? It's too bad you skipped out on it. You might have learned something.
You have an overblown sense of your debate skills, man.

All I've learned from you is you don't understand much of anything.

Stick to your FTL drive.

You have an overblown sense of your debate skills, man.

All I've learned from you is you don't understand much of anything.

Are insults the best you can do? I have countered every objection you came up with anything I said anywhere.

source>

What a bunch of crap. First, I can tell you how to spot what is untrue. It is in the length it takes to explain what truth is. But truth is an easy concept. Truth is that which isn't untrue. That is it.

the jist is , 'truth' is what one accepts as truth

i-want-to-believe-28129869.png

~S~

Forum List

Back