To share or not to share... that is the forward question

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Just wondering about this..... So admin.... whats the official deal with this? Can you forward your PM's to others... with that little forward button we have? I was under the impression that you were allowed to share PM's so long as you did not discuss them on the open forum.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229313-nasty-neg-rep-response-4.html#post5472631

A few mods don't know what the hell they are talking about?
Which ones would that be?

I do know that you can't share PMs, but of course any moron knows that.

And if you don't want to ask a mod, we have a very capable Admin. just sayin.

She asked about posting it on the board, which was what I was referring to.

Are you guys really bored right now?

intense-albums-that-and-this-picture4362-cid-x-ma12-1333599921-aol.jpg

• Banned

And here i though we were waiting for the admin to answer the querstion...

But... that is not the way it was phaised... so am asking for clarification on you you did say.... but an admin.

Can I post it here?

From her OP.... Does that answer your question?

So no you cannot SHARE a PM on the open board. Do you have anymore questions?

Can you forward someone's PM to anyone you like? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being supposedly "private". In that case, theoretically even though you can't talk about PM content in open forum, all the back scene folks getting PM forwarded know the inside story and can make references and spread rumors.

Last edited:
You have to understand Syrenn and a few others are so bored right now, they have decided to go after Maude. No clue why, but it is what it is.

Weird, since we know who has "been here done that" with this same question...

In fairness, it reads as though one cannot forward PMs to others. If that's an error, you caused it.

She asked if she can post it here, on the board. I responded. We were not talking about forwarding PMs, we were not talking about editing PMs, we were not talking about the price of tea in china, we were talking about SHARING PMs on the open board.
The error is, some of you need to cure your boredom with something else.

Can I post it here?

yeah... we all got that part luissa.. it was answered well before you jumped in. You can only post the first req comment... then you went on to say you cannot share PM's.

So.....i am still waiting for an admin to answer the question..... as per your suggestion. :tongue:

And here i though we were waiting for the admin to answer the querstion...

But... that is not the way it was phaised... so am asking for clarification on you you did say.... but an admin.
Interesting that you should say that......This is from the Rules and Guidelines.

When contacting the administrator or a specific moderator please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

Try PMing him, you might have better luck.

Anyone that is forwarding PMs really should get themselves out of the middle school mentality, imo.

You can post rep comments only.

You can not post PM exchanges which ensue in response to reps.

You can FORWARD a PM to admin or a friend...

Simple. We have been here a few times already...

Last edited:
Gunny said you could forward them but you couldn't post them on the board. As far as I know, that rule hasn't been changed.

Gunny said you could forward them but you couldn't post them on the board. As far as I know, that rule hasn't been changed.

Which defeats the whole purpose of the PM's being private. Instead of talking about it on open forum, mabelle can forward her PM's to everyone.

Can I post it here?

yeah... we all got that part luissa.. it was answered well before you jumped in. You can only post the first req comment... then you went on to say you cannot share PM's.

So.....i am still waiting for an admin to answer the question..... as per your suggestion. :tongue:

I asked her why she kept answering his PMs, she answered. I responded to her answer.

Does everything have to be a game to you guys? Its like you were sitting there and said to yourself...." Oh! Shit Luissa said share instead of Post, I can use this".

Oh! And PS, since we were talking about the open board, and not sharing with other members it would be pretty easy to assume I was talking about the open board. So no California Girl the error is not on me.

You can post rep comments only.

You can not post PM exchanges which ensue in response to reps.

You can FORWARD a PM to admin or a friend...

Simple. We have been here a few times already...

Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back