To Protest Hiring of Nonunion Help, Union Hires Nonunion Pickets

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Billy Raye, a 51-year-old unemployed bike courier, is looking for work.

Fortunately for him, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters is seeking paid demonstrators to march and chant in its current picket line outside the McPherson Building, an office complex here where the council says work is being done with nonunion labor.

"For a lot of our members, it's really difficult to have them come out, either because of parking or something else," explains Vincente Garcia, a union representative who is supervising the picketing.

To Protest Hiring of Nonunion Help, Union Hires Nonunion Pickets - WSJ.com

Who can blame them? Union picketers would cost too much.

It's nice to see they admit that they cannot even afford themselves, but they expect everyone else to pay their outrageous wages and benefits! :clap2:

It clearly demonstrates how overpaid they admit they are, and how they are they are nothing more than leeches, bleeding many companies out of their abilities to grow. Seems if you allow unions into your company, they 'take over' taking most of the 'pie' while the owners are left with little or nothing or close their doors.

They feel that no one else deserves the pay their getting? What do they call "standard wages", "All You Got"? I have watched unions destroy companies over the years, in my opinion, nothing more than an organized crime organization and if any organization need to be CONTROLLED by law more than ever, it is the unions.

I bet Obama counts the part timers working for minimum wages walking the picket lines as part of his 'jobs' numbers, like an idiot.

My words for the unions, that I told them many years back to their faces..........GO "F" yourselves.

Fortunately for him, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters is seeking paid demonstrators to march and chant in its current picket line outside the McPherson Building, an office complex here where the council says work is being done with nonunion labor.

"For a lot of our members, it's really difficult to have them come out, either because of parking or something else," explains Vincente Garcia, a union representative who is supervising the picketing.

That's hilarious!

Yeah, and the nonunion likely do a better job too.

Forum List

Back