To President George W. Bush, From Barack, With Apologies

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
The Gulf oil spill opened my eyes.

As with Hurricane Katrina, it happened suddenly. I barked out orders. I pounded my desk. But the oil kept flowing. Worse, the nation watched it all on television and said: "Why doesn't the president do something? Doesn't he care?"

From then on, I fully understood both the expectations and the limitations of this job.

I ran on "hope and change." I said I would bring the sides together. The American people, I told Republicans who opposed my stimulus plan, have spoken. And "I won."

So without any of the bipartisan support you received for your tax cuts, my stimulus passed, and I confidently predicted it would prevent unemployment from reaching 8%. It climbed to 10.2%.

more here:

To President George W. Bush, From Barack, With Apologies - Investors.com

© 2000-2011 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Investor's Business Daily,

That was a short article. Not much to see here.

I can not believe Obama was able to get any healthcare bill through. Will go down as one of the greatest Presidential achievements.

Fun things like tax cuts are easy to build support for. Telling folks medical treatments are getting more expensive at a rate greater than income is growing and we must do something about it or face pay or die days, that is tough for some reason.

I can not believe Obama was able to get any healthcare bill through. Will go down as one of the greatest Presidential achievements.

Fun things like tax cuts are easy to build support for. Telling folks medical treatments are getting more expensive at a rate greater than income is growing and we must do something about it or face pay or die days, that is tough for some reason.

Dipshit. Obama did not get any health care bill through. That was Reid and Pelosi, mainly Pelosi. Tax cuts are hardly fun things. There has been a huge battle over them, in case you've been asleep for the last year.
Obamacare will not fix any problem with rising costs. It will increase costs, not decrease them. Or have you been asleep for the last 12 months? Obamacare is responsible for the rout of the Dems in '10. It will be for their defeat in '12 as well.

The "Sage of LA" is spot on. It's a lot easier to ridicule and do some armchair quarterbacking than it is to actually have to make the tough calls.

Sure it is. House leadership owes some apologies to the president as well.

The clowns.

The healthcare bill did NOT get put through easily...he and pelosi had to bribe people to vote for it! Remember Stupak?? Obama told him if he voted for it he would take out the abortion crap...Stupak then voted for it, and obama never removed it like he promised! ANOTHER PROMISE BROKEN just to get what he wanted!

......Especially when you consider what was handed-off to him.

George_Bush_RepubliCard.jpg

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

The "Sage of LA" is spot on. It's a lot easier to ridicule and do some armchair quarterbacking than it is to actually have to make the tough calls.

Yep. Campaigning for POTUS is a whole lot easier than being POTUS.

Barry found that out in one big hurry.

The clowns.

You mean Pelosi, for losing the '10 election so badly, right?
Or do you mean Pelosi etc for not passing a budget and making this an ugly fight now?
I agree, the Democratic leadiership are a bunch of clowns. Thank G-d the GOP won and we have some responsible leadership.

Dipshit. Obama did not get any health care bill through.
Gee....who KNEW the Van Winkle's have (actual) descendents??!!

:eek:

The healthcare bill did NOT get put through easily...
Nothing (worthwhile) is easy.......​

**The implementation timeline is an interactive tool designed to explain how and when the provisions of the health reform law will be implemented over the next several years.

*** WARNING: Tea Party participants should be informed there are "big"-words within.

Larry Elder is a racist??

(I wasn't going to skip that quip but on the Springsteen thread some libs couldn't let it go :))

Achievements?
To tell the CBO that we will pay for it by saving 500 billion dollars on Medicare is not a Achievement, it is lie
It will go down in history as the brashest move to socialize medicine in this country

The guy who wrote the OPs article is a long time Bush supporter and its no surprize he sees everything through the filter of Bush being Godlike.

The clowns.

You mean Pelosi, for losing the '10 election so badly, right?
Or do you mean Pelosi etc for not passing a budget and making this an ugly fight now?

Achievements?
To tell the CBO that we will pay for it by saving 500 billion dollars on Medicare is not a Achievement, it is lie
It will go down in history as the brashest move to socialize medicine in this country
Ah, yes......we need to keep (at least) a simple-memento of The BUSH Years....just for you 'Baggers......right??

323.png

"Medicare Part D was passed in 2003 under President George Bush as part of the Medicare Modernization Act and took effect on Jan. 1, 2006.

Approximately 75 percent of drug coverage is financed by the federal government and 25 percent by beneficiaries through monthly premiums, co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles. As opposed to traditional Medicare, in which the government directly pays providers for services, Part D coverage is privatized - meaning government tax-payer funds and contributions from beneficiaries are passed on to private insurers to manage benefits.

Criticism centers on effects of the plan's privatization. Instead of the government negotiating prices with drug companies, price controls are left up to the market, which critics argue makes the prices and the program overall too expensive."

They wont like the history that gets written about Bush.

It will be yet another chapter of history they will attempt to change through propaganda.

How failed is the ideas of a party if they have to constantly deny science and history?

How failed are the ideas of a party if they have to create an atmosphere of hate surrounding teachers, sceintists, education, intellectualism, the human tendency to care about others and thoughful preperation and planning of anything done.

They wont like the history that gets written about Bush.

It will be yet another chapter of history they will attempt to change through propaganda.

How failed is the ideas of a party if they have to constantly deny science and history?

How failed are the ideas of a party if they have to create an atmosphere of hate surrounding teachers, sceintists, education, intellectualism, the human tendency to care about others and thoughful preperation and planning of anything done.
They do have a tendency to feel intimidated by the Elites (i.e. educated segment of the U.S.).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]YouTube - Bill Maher on elites[/ame]

Forum List

Back