To Hell With 3000 Texting Deaths a Year

these laws are dumb anyway and over reaching.

why can't I text at a red light? I am not moving or doing anything but holding down the brake...

Why can't I call with speaker phone? how is that different than talking to other people in the car?

these laws are dumb anyway and over reaching.

why can't I text at a red light? I am not moving or doing anything but holding down the brake...

Why can't I call with speaker phone? how is that different than talking to other people in the car?

If that's all anyone ever did, we'd never have call phone bans.

If states want to ban cell phone use in the car that's their right to do so. A federal ban, however, would be unconstitutional. In any case, there already laws against reckless driving in all 50 states, so I'm not sure why another law needs to be passed to address one specific instance of it.

I agree, not sure why the Feds, some how think that States can't govern themselves. More red tape and redundancy.

If states want to ban cell phone use in the car that's their right to do so. A federal ban, however, would be unconstitutional. In any case, there already laws against reckless driving in all 50 states, so I'm not sure why another law needs to be passed to address one specific instance of it.

Since when did the federal government give a shit about details such as the Constitution?

No kidding, that seems to be the goal, each year they take more freedom and liberty. What's next they going to make us pay for health insurance, oh shit! Never mind, the bastards!

Why not ban eating and driving while we're at? Passengers too! Kids are especially distracting. We'll have do something about them.

I need to tell Gracie my dick's hard

One thing for certain....there will be a permanent record of each and every transaction from each and every phone, Ipad, Iphone, laptop, gps, etc.

You are in an accident....your ass goes to jail.

I need to tell Gracie my dick's hard

One thing for certain....there will be a permanent record of each and every transaction from each and every phone, Ipad, Iphone, laptop, gps, etc.

You are in an accident....your ass goes to jail.

I know a lot of folks insist on their right to talk and text while driving.

I happened to live 49 years very well without the possibility of either, and so did all of humanity forever before that, of being instantly connected with anybody who had a thought to send to anyone over distance.

I happen to drive a stick shift, always have and always will, so phone usage is pretty much too hard to handle. I teach in a community technical college. When I'm in class, my cell phone is in my office. I haven't met my death YET because I missed a call while in class. I haven't even had a hassle, and I went through two parents being sick and dying. I didn't need a phone in class. But my students DO. It's nuts. And that's not EVEN driving.

Last night I was turning right out of a new strip mall onto a countryish narrow, two lane road. Across from me at the same time, a young woman in a pricey SUV was signaling (WOW) left onto the same narrow road. I grew up thinking right turns have the right of way, but I was watching the idiot. Sure enough, when a traffic break came, SHE turned in front of me. I figured as much and slowed to let her ass out. Flipped her off. She NEVER even knew she was an idiot driver.

Pass the no phones law or not. My mantra is that if any idiot on a phone hits me, and I'm working to avoid such a collision, I will SUE huge time. And I am not given to lawsuits.

I tell my students as much whenever I get the chance.

I quit smoking a year ago in part because of asswipes bitching about "second hand smoke HURTS me." Well, your non smoking idiot cell phone talking ass can do WAY more INSTANT damage.

Sue the small minded idiots, for sure.

Forum List

Back