To hate Jews is to hate God.

I am a Christian. You may be a Jew, Catholic, Muslim or athiest. If we can accept each other and live among others without harm, let's honor our differences and look for commonality between us.

Spoken like someone with shit for brains. Do you honor pedophiles? If not, you're a hypocrite. How about white supremacists, hypocrite? You're a non-Christian who honors that which is Politically Correct. You do not honor God.

Talk about shit for brains...I was talking about religions! You are talking about criminals!

God gave us brains. Try using it.

White supremacists re not criminals. And, maybe you should also honor pedophiles and object to their actions being criminal, at least if it doesn't involve coercion of children.

Okay, let's talk about religion. Judaism (from the Talmud) is a pedophile religion that approves of sex with little girls and instructs rabbis to suck the cocks of baby boys. Judaism teaches racial supremacy (of Jews) and abuse/hatred of non-Jews.

How about your tolerance of Islam? Do you honor women in burkas?

Atheism is a religion expressed purely by attacking the faith of others. Do you honor their intolerance?

Live and let live, as long as it's without harm? White Supremacists and Pedophiles can both pursue their interests without coercing others. But, you call them criminals, proving yourself to be liar.

I say this because when Jesus was asked what commands are greaterst, He said to love God with all of one's heart and mind and soul, that was the first command, and the second command, to love one's neighbor as oneself. He later said I give you a new command, love one another as I have loved you. Jesus never showed hate to any person.

"Neighbor" doesn't mean everyone. Jews are not our neighbor (Jesus even illustrated that fact when he said to love our neighbor, go read your Bible).

The command is to love one another, that includes a command to love both Jew and Gentile alike.

The command was for the followers of Jesus to love one another, which excludes Jews.

Jesus hated his enemies, and so should we.

Ariux,

Jesus was a Jew, where do you get the idea He excludes Jews from those He sees as His neighbor? The Apostles were all Jews.

Neighbor is defined with reference to the Parable He tells about the Good Samaritan, and basically is anyone we confront in our lives with needs, Jew or Gentile, it does not matter who the person we see in need is, who we are within the ability to help, that we feel for and have the ability to help. Thus, in the Parable of the good Samaritan, a Jewish man was robbed and left half dead beside the road. A priest walked by and saw him, and crossed to the other side of the road and did nothing to help the half dead Jewish man. A Levite walked over and looked at the half dead Jewish man and walked away. Then, a despised Samaritan came along, he felt compassion for the Jewish man's suffering, he soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. He put the hurt man on his own donkey , and took him to an inn where he took care of him. He gave the innkeeper two silver coins to take care of any remaining needs of the hurt Jewish man. Jesus says in this Parable that the Samaritan was a neighbor to the Jewish man, he was the one who showed him mercy. And Jesus says now, go and do the same as he did. See Luke 10:30-37

So, let me sum up what I think it means, when Jesus says love your neigbor as yourself, it means do as the Good Samaritan did, when we see any person in need, who we are able to help, and we are filled with a burden or a compassion for their hurting, this person is our neighbor we are called out to to reach out and help.

Let me share a personal experience I had with this. I was leaving a grocery store and it was extremely cold, and I was in a town about 20 miles away from my home, not the safest of neighborhoods, and it was afternoon, close to dark. A man approaches me and asks for a ride. He has a bag of groceries and says he lives a few blocks away. I do not know him. I am in my truck, he even offers to ride in the back of my truck. For once, I am not with my kids or anyone. I feel for him, the cold, the offer to ride in the back of the truck, all of it. I tell him to get in the truck and I give him a ride. I cannot say I was completely comfortable, but it felt like the right thing to do, and I know it was. He gets out at an apartment, and he says, may God bless you. And I said, the same to you, too. I was being a neighbor to this man, within the meaning of the words Jesus spoke, I think, when He said love your neighbor as yourself.

And about the command, love one another as I have loved you, I do not agree that is only a call to love Christians. Christians did not even exist yet, when He said that, not until his crucifixion and resurrection was His work complete, and only after that was Christianity really born. He is speaking of his whole life and death, how to treat one another, we should use His life as an example to follow. He reached out to every type of person, the sick, the outcast, criminals, Zealots, Jews, Samaritans, Caananites, Centurions, women, lepors, the blind, the lame, adulterers, sinners. And Christians are called to do the same. In fact, the harshest words he ever spoke were to His own people Jews, Pharisees, Sadduccees, in Matthew 23.

Your last statement, I also disagree with, Jesus did not hate his enemies, and we are not called to hate our enemies. Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount, love your enemy, for God made the sun rise on, and the rain come down on them, too, God loves them, too. Matthew 5:43-48

Sherri

Last edited:
Jesus was a Jew, where do you get the idea He excludes Jews from those He sees as His neighbor? The Apostles were all Jews.

Neighbor is defined with reference to the Parable He tells about the Good Samaritan, and basically is anyone we confront in our lives with needs, Jew or Gentile, it does not matter who the person we see in need is,

Maybe you can point me to the verse where Jesus or the Apostles call themselves Jews. While you're at it, tell me what it is you think that makes Jesus and a random yid off the street both a Jew.

Are you illiterate? In the parable, the wounded man isn't anyone's neighbor. The story explicitly disqualifies from being neighbors those God Damned Jews who didn't come to the wounded man's aid. The Samaritan is the one and only neighbor in the story. (And, as usual, Jesus was showing his hatred of the Jews by making them the non-neighbor bad guys in this story.)

Thus, in the Parable of the good Samaritan, a Jewish man was robbed and left half dead beside the road.

Jesus didn't say the wounded man was a Jew. If you were at all familiar with the real Jesus you wouldn't have erroneously jumped to the conclusion that the wounded man was jewish (WTF?).

the half dead Jewish man.... half dead Jewish man and walked away... the Jewish man's suffering... the hurt Jewish man...

You continually try to twist the Bible and make it pro-Jew. That makes you a liar.

Let me share a personal experience I had with this. I was leaving a grocery store and it was extremely cold, and I was in a town about 20 miles away from my home, not the safest of neighborhoods, and it was afternoon, close to dark. A man approaches me and asks for a ride. He has a bag of groceries and says he lives a few blocks away.

You did the right thing giving this guy a ride, as he was clearly in distress. But, Jesus wasn't telling us to be neighborly. He was telling us to love our neighbors.

And about the command, love one another as I have loved you, I do not agree that is only a call to love Christians. Christians did not even exist yet,

Jesus is explicitly addressing his disciples and he tells them (the group) to love one another. If you were literate, you would recognize that the meaning implied by "one another" is fellow members of the group, not people outside the group. Jesus didn't say "love all men." Learn to read.

Your last statement, I also disagree with, Jesus did not hate his enemies, and we are not called to hate our enemies. Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount, love your enemy, for God made the sun rise on, and the rain come down on them, too, God loves them, too. Matthew 5:43-48

Jesus said, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’" Do you know where they heard "hate your enemy? From their Bible, the Old Testament!

Jesus continued, "But I tell you: Love your enemies..." Jesus doesn't say this is a command. And, it is the same kind of hyperbole Jesus used when he said to hate your parents. Do you hate your parents? Do you think that's what Jesus wanted?

Jesus didn't tell the Jews he loved them. Jesus didn't treat the Jews with love. He told them that they're children of Satan. That's hate. Anyone who loves God would naturally hate the enemies of God, such as the Jews whom God has damned.

Interesting thread and highly amusing, too

Christian Believers of various types here are now telling us that they KNOW mind of GOD.

Of course they disagree with each other, but each is convinced that HIS interpretation of scripture is represents the mind of GOD!

What arrogance!​

:lol:

Neighbor is defined with reference to the Parable He tells about the Good Samaritan, and basically is anyone we confront in our lives with needs, Jew or Gentile, it does not matter who the person we see in need is,

Maybe you can point me to the verse where Jesus or the Apostles call themselves Jews. While you're at it, tell me what it is you think that makes Jesus and a random yid off the street both a Jew.

Are you illiterate? In the parable, the wounded man isn't anyone's neighbor. The story explicitly disqualifies from being neighbors those God Damned Jews who didn't come to the wounded man's aid. The Samaritan is the one and only neighbor in the story. (And, as usual, Jesus was showing his hatred of the Jews by making them the non-neighbor bad guys in this story.)

Thus, in the Parable of the good Samaritan, a Jewish man was robbed and left half dead beside the road.

Jesus didn't say the wounded man was a Jew. If you were at all familiar with the real Jesus you wouldn't have erroneously jumped to the conclusion that the wounded man was jewish (WTF?).

You continually try to twist the Bible and make it pro-Jew. That makes you a liar.

You did the right thing giving this guy a ride, as he was clearly in distress. But, Jesus wasn't telling us to be neighborly. He was telling us to love our neighbors.

And about the command, love one another as I have loved you, I do not agree that is only a call to love Christians. Christians did not even exist yet,

Jesus is explicitly addressing his disciples and he tells them (the group) to love one another. If you were literate, you would recognize that the meaning implied by "one another" is fellow members of the group, not people outside the group. Jesus didn't say "love all men." Learn to read.

Jesus said, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’" Do you know where they heard "hate your enemy? From their Bible, the Old Testament!

Jesus continued, "But I tell you: Love your enemies..." Jesus doesn't say this is a command. And, it is the same kind of hyperbole Jesus used when he said to hate your parents. Do you hate your parents? Do you think that's what Jesus wanted?

Jesus didn't tell the Jews he loved them. Jesus didn't treat the Jews with love. He told them that they're children of Satan. That's hate. Anyone who loves God would naturally hate the enemies of God, such as the Jews whom God has damned.

Ariux,

To start, I have some general comments, it seems almost every statement you make here is made with this assumption Jesus hates all Jews and commands hate of them. You are wrong about both. Where do you get these ideas from? If it is Matthew 23, you are not interpreting Matthew 23 correctly. The Apostle Paul was a Jew, a Pharisee, and he received a Revelation from Jesus after Jesus spoke the words He said in Matthew 23. Jesus obviously does not hate and call for Christians to hate the Apostle Paul, who was Jewish, or Jews generally.

You seem to be saying Jesus was not Jewish, you are wrong about that. We have His lineage set forth, in Matthew and Luke. He is God and man (addressed most fully in the Gospel of John), and He is Jewish.

You seem to be saying the first 12 Apostles were not Jewish, you are wrong about that, too. I think that is clearly demonstrated by all of the later interactions with the Apostle Paul, who was the Apostle for the Gentiles, and the Jewish Apostles who stayed in Jerusalem, such as the Apostle Peter. Further, when Jesus first sent the Apostles out to tell others the Gospel, He says to them "Don't go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans." Matthew 10. He tasks them first with sharing the Gospel with Jews. The first 12 Apostles are also named in Matthew 10, they are all Jewish. The Bible tells us all of these people are Jewish, in many places, we do not have to have Jesus or each person addressed proclaim themselves to be Jewish to conclude they are Jewish.

In the story of the Good Samaritan, we are specifically told in that Bible verse that the wounded man is Jewish, in the version of the Bible I was reading, that is. We do not hear about his response to anything, he is half dead, the way he is described, so I do agree he is not described as being neighborly to anyone else. But I do not agree that the point of the Parable was to show Jesus hate for Jews. He is demonstrating what being a neighbor is, and both Jews and Gentiles are called to be neighbors. This, the fact He is calling Jews and Gentiles to be neighbors to others, is illustrated by the fact the audience He shares this Parable with is His very own first 12 Jewish Apostles and others.

You call me a Liar for stating the wounded man in the story of the Good Samaritan is Jewish. I called him a Jew because the Bible translation I was reading from, The New Living Translation, says that he was Jewish, that was the Bible verse and version of my Parallel Bible I was reading from when I wrote my post. I was not lying about anything when I said he was Jewish.

I read and quote below and provide a reference below, as well:

"Parable of the Good Samaritan

30 Jesus replied with a story: “A Jewish man was traveling from Jerusalem down to Jericho, and he was attacked by bandits. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him up, and left him half dead beside the road.

31 “By chance a priest came along. But when he saw the man lying there, he crossed to the other side of the road and passed him by. 32 A Temple assistant[d] walked over and looked at him lying there, but he also passed by on the other side.

33 “Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. 34 Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. 35 The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins,[e] telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here.’

36 “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked.

37 The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.”

Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”

Luke 10 NLT - Jesus Sends Out His Disciples - The - Bible Gateway

Now, as I write this present post, I do realize as I look at my Parallel Bible I was referring to when I wrote my first post, that the three other versions of Luke 10 I have set forth in my parallel bible, The King James Version, The New King James Version, and the NIV do not state the wounded man was Jewish. They each refer to the wounded man as simply "a man." So, maybe he was not Jewish. Maybe, he was Jewish. From the other Bible verses, we simply do not know what he was, Jewish or nonJewish. Maybe, the point of the Parable is that in his condition it could not be determined whether he was Jewish or not Jewish. Such a possibility is suggested by the fact that we are told the Levite, before deciding not to help him, actiually goes up to him and looks upon him. Before the Levite walks away to the other side of the street, he does this. Bottomline, on the issue of whether the wounded man was Jewish or not, I do not know, at this point. All 4 versions of the Bible I am reading are Translations. I do not think it matters, really, for the point illustrated by the story ,which is addressing the Good Samaritan acting as a neigbor to a hurt man.

You state, Jesus wasn't telling us to be neighborly, but was telling us to love our neighbors. What Jesus says in the Parable is go and do as the Good Samaritan did. This is true of all 4 versions of the Bible in my parallel Bible. This Parable demonstrates what being a neighbor is, and I believe that ties directly into Jesus command to love our neigbors as ourselves, since the Parable immediately follows Jesus statements about the most important commandments to follow, this is in Luke 10:25-29. Luke 10:29, an expert in the law is asking Jesus who is my neighbor, as he is trying to understand what Jesus command to love your neighbor as yourself means.

You stated the command to love one another as I have loved you, that is specifically referred to as a new command by Jesus himself in the Book of John , is a command to the disciples to love each other. I disagree. That is a much too limited way to read what Jesus deems to call a new command. Such an interpretation would call for the disciples to engage in legalism, which is something he expressed much criticism over with fellow Jews. See Matthew 23. Further, to interpret this to mean followers or disciples are called to only love other believers and followers in this way calls for a judgment call to be made as to what is in the hearts of others. This runs against Jesus statements elsewhere in the Gospels that tell Christians not to judge others.

Love one another as I have loved you is a command to Christians to look at Jesus life, how he treated others, and to seek to treat others around us, in our own lives, in a similar fashion. His own life, how He reached out and felt compassion for those hurting, and reached out and helped them, is also an illustration of being a Good Samaritan, I realize as I am writing this. The way He sacrificed His life to save others is also an example for us to follow. Martyrs throughout the History of Christianity have followed his example and died for their faith.

Sherri

Last edited:
I cannot hate something I do not believe exists.

uscitizen,

I assume you are speaking about God, in your comment.

Step away from the thoughts about God, for a moment, and all that comes to mind when you think about the word God. So much of what we think about God is a product of experiences in our lives with people. Do we really want those people to have such control over us, to control our lives in that way? Do we want to give them that power over us?

How do you feel about the emotions of love and hate?

Is choosing to love a good emotion, a positive emotion?

Is choosing to hate a good emotion, a positive emotion?

How does each emotion make you feel, about yourself, about others, about your life, about the world, when you engage in either?

I ask these questions because so often I think the perspective we look at a question from can make a world of difference.

I found myself writing a song once where I said choosing to believe in God at any moment in time in a life was whether at that moment we choose to love or do we choose to hate. That sounds so simplistic, but maybe we make so much of this stuff about God a whole lot more complicated then it has to be.

Sherri

To start, I have some general comments, it seems almost every statement you make here is made with this assumption Jesus hates all Jews and commands hate of them. You are wrong about both. Where do you get these ideas from? If it is Matthew 23, you are not interpreting Matthew 23 correctly.

My position isn't that Jesus hates all jews, depending on the definition of jew. Jesus hates all jews who reject him. Matthew 23 is a reflection of the Jesus' hatred of the Jews. Jesus tells the Jews that God has rejected them in v38 "Look, your house is left to you desolate".

Jesus and his disciples did not refer to themselves as Jews, and they all used Hellonized names, if not full Roman names (e.g. Peter). The Apostle Paul only called himself a "jew" one time, and that was because of an attempt to save his life from a mob of jews.

" Matthew 10. He tasks them first with sharing the Gospel with Jews. The first 12 Apostles are also named in Matthew 10, they are all Jewish.

A remnant of the Jews were faithful to God. Jesus wanted to reach these people before God judged the Jews (70AD) and replaced them with the gentiles.

In the story of the Good Samaritan, we are specifically told in that Bible verse that the wounded man is Jewish, in the version of the Bible I was reading, that is.

Your NLT is a garbage translation and it lies. The translators/fabricators themselves added the word "jewish" to the text to describe the victim of a criminal. They want to make Jesus look pro-jew. In Jesus' parables, the bad guys and hell-fodder are always Jews, such as the two jews in this parable who wouldn't help. The good guys are gentiles, or a Samaritan in this one parable.

The identify of the wounded man is irrelevant, so Jesus didn't mention it. But, the identity of the three men who came by is relevant, so Jesus identifies them. If it were relevant, it would be inconsistent with Jesus' view of the Jews to identify the wounded man as a Jew.

Parables are used to teach. Jesus was teaching who is -- and who is not -- your neighbor. After telling the parable, Jesus said we should do as the good Samaritan, but that doesn't imply that someone we should help is our neighbor or that we should love that person. And, this has nothing to do with loving Jews.

You stated the command to love one another as I have loved you, that is specifically referred to as a new command by Jesus himself in the Book of John , is a command to the disciples to love each other. I disagree. That is a much too limited way to read what Jesus deems to call a new command. Such an interpretation would call for the disciples to engage in legalism, which is something he expressed much criticism over with fellow Jews. See Matthew 23. Further, to interpret this to mean followers or disciples are called to only love other believers and followers in this way calls for a judgment call to be made as to what is in the hearts of others. This runs against Jesus statements elsewhere in the Gospels that tell Christians not to judge others.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "legalism".

The grammar of Jesus statement is that the disciples should love one another, fellow disciples, not that we should love all men. You wish to blatantly impose a meaning onto a verse that isn't there.

The context of Jesus' teaching on judging is that we shouldn't be hypocritical about judging, not that we shouldn't judge. The Bible teaches us to judge all things. The Bible instructs us to judge fellow Christians (when they sin). But, judging is irrelevant to this topic. Someone who is not neighborly is not your neighbor. Someone who rejects Jesus is not a fellow disciple.

Jesus died only for those who accept his sacrifice, and not one of those people is a non-christian Jew. You say Jesus had lineage. Salvation is not by lineage. Even if it were, there isn't a jew in the world today who has lineage.

To expand on the topic

To hate any of gods creation is to hate god indirectly.

So you must care for all deadly infections of the body, and kiss a shark from time to time.

[

GreatestIam,

To hate any person is to hate God, is a much more accurate statement for one to make who follows the teachings of Jesus.

To see any one people entitled to love more than others is not consistent with any of Jesus teachings.

I say this because when Jesus was asked what commands are greaterst, He said to love God with all of one's heart and mind and soul, that was the first command, and the second command, to love one's neighbor as oneself. He later said I give you a new command, love one another as I have loved you. Jesus never showed hate to any person.

Jesus also says one shows their love for God by following His commands. So, if one does not follow Jesus commands, one hates God. Jesus commands are to love, to love God and one another. To elevate a command to love Jews above others would not be obedience to Jesus commands.

The command is to love one another, that includes a command to love both Jew and Gentile alike.

Sherri

No argument with the thrust of your words. We shoulkd love more than hate.

I will argue this though.

"To hate any person is to hate God, "

Do you apply this to God as well?
We are to emulate God, so says scriptures.

We are thus told to hate all those God hates and scriptures show clearly that he hates most of us as we are condemned to hell by his hate.

To your quote. If God hates us, does he then hate himself?

Regards
DL

With all of this discussion it just seems as though the premise of grateful living has been forgotten. What makes anyone of us better than the other? We all have our beliefs and want to have those beliefs accepted by others. Is that too much to ask?

Is tolerance too much to ask? Who among us is the supreme judge of to hate for their own private beliefs if it doesn't interfere with our own?

I don't hate anyone for what they believe if they can accept me for what I believe. If we could all accept this premise wouldn't the world be a safer and gentler place?

I am a Christian. You may be a Jew, Catholic, Muslim or athiest. If we can accept each other and live among others without harm, let's honor our differences and look for commonality between us.

The problem with your rhetoric is that like most rhetoric, it is unworkable.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1]Religulous [part 1] - YouTube[/ame]

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related]In The name Of Jesus: Child Witches (1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM]Jesus Camp 1of 9.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Promoting death to Gays.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related]Rachel Maddow interviews David Bahati - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

--------------------

You say we should tolerate, respect and honor our differences.
Do you honor, tolerate and respect what I showed above?
Do you want us to honor and tolerate the 5,000 or so Muslim honor killings that they do yearly?

Retract or be seen as a rhetorical fool.

Regards
DL

[

GreatestIam,

To hate any person is to hate God, is a much more accurate statement for one to make who follows the teachings of Jesus.

To see any one people entitled to love more than others is not consistent with any of Jesus teachings.

Jesus also says one shows their love for God by following His commands. So, if one does not follow Jesus commands, one hates God. Jesus commands are to love, to love God and one another. To elevate a command to love Jews above others would not be obedience to Jesus commands.

Sherri

No argument with the thrust of your words. We shoulkd love more than hate.

I will argue this though.

"To hate any person is to hate God, "

Do you apply this to God as well?
We are to emulate God, so says scriptures.

We are thus told to hate all those God hates and scriptures show clearly that he hates most of us as we are condemned to hell by his hate.

To your quote. If God hates us, does he then hate himself?

Regards
DL

GreatestIam,

Jesus sacrifice on the cross was an act motivated by love. John 3:16 begins, "For God so loved the world." Jesus died to give every person a chance to reconcile themselves with God. It does not mean every person will do that but His sacrifice provided the Way to God. And the act of Jesus sacrifice on the cross was an expression of love for every person.

1 John 4:7-12

God Is Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4 ESV - Test the Spirits - Beloved, do not - Bible Gateway

God does not hate us, I do not where you get such ideas from.

God does not tell us to hate others, we are to hate evil, but not other human beings. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Love people, hate acts of evil.

As we read in the Bible, The New Testament, God is love. He is not about hate.

Here is an illustration. In Tortured For Christ, a Christian in Communist Romania was imprisoned for 14 years for his religious beliefs. He describes being tortured, and as he is being tortured, not knowing if he will even live through the torture, he is filled with love for those torturing him and praying for them. The only persons there in front of him to love and pray for are his torturers, they are his neighbors, they are the others he is to love, and he pours out his love and prayers on them. Richard Wurmbrandt was born a Jew and converted to Christianity, he testified before Congress about what he endured in Communist prisons, he bared his back to them and showed Congress all of his scars. He did not hate his torturers, he loved them. And Jesus, when He died on the cross, He did not hate those killing Him, He loved them. Only with the power of the Holy Spirit living in us, can we love in this way.

Here are some quotes from Richard Wurmbrand:

“God sees things differently than we see them, just as we see differently than an ant. From the human point of view, to be tied to a cross and smeared with excrement is a horrible thing. Nonetheless, the Bible calls the sufferings of martyrs light afflictions. To be in prison for fourteen years is a long period to us. The Bible calls it ‘but for a moment,’ and tells us that these things are working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory (2Co 4:17). This gives us the right to suppose that the fierce crimes of the Communists, which are inexcusable to us, are lighter in the eyes of God than they are in our eyes. Their tyranny, which has lasted almost an entire century, may be before God, for whom a thousand years are like one day, only a moment of erring astray. They still have the possibility of being saved.” Tortured For Christ

“In our darkest hours of torture, the Son of Man came to us, making the prison walls shine like diamonds and filling the cells with light. Somewhere, far away, were the torturers below us in the sphere of the body. But the spirit rejoiced in the Lord. We would not have given up this joy for that of kingly palaces.” Tortured For Christ

Quotes from Richard Wurmbrand « The Rambling Believer

Sherri

Last edited:
[qu

“God sees things differently than we see them,

Sherri

How can anyone say anything definitive about the unfathomable that cannot be fathomed?

All you have is the words of men.

Do you have any first hand information or do you think human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is a good policy?

How do you feel as a female that is denied equality by your own God?

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
[qu

“God sees things differently than we see them,

Sherri

How can anyone say anything definitive about the unfathomable that cannot be fathomed?

All you have is the words of men.

Do you have any first hand information or do you think human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is a good policy?

How do you feel as a female that is denied equality by your own God?

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related]Women Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related]Women Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related]Holy Bible - Epic Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

GreatestIAm,

There is a bunch of crap in The Old Testament, my belief in Jesus has nothing to do with any of that. All of your videos draw upon Provisions people used in The Old Testament to justify their own hate and sin, and had nothing to do with Jesus or God.

You want to know what Jesus thinks about women, read The Gospels of Matthew, Luke, Mark, and John. He never called for inferior treatment of women.

When one has a spiritual experience with God it may be very difficult to explain it in words, but people have tried, and they will continue to try.

The only human sacrifice sanctioned by Jesus is self sacrifice, and that is carried out only within the confines of a personal relationship between Jesus and His followers. I cannot imagine a better way to die, then to sacrifice self out of love for God and others. In that situation, a person is pouring out all one has to give, to God. Do not forget, a believer has Life with Christ for eternity, upon Salavation. Physical death is just part of the path to walk down to get to a believer's real home, Heaven. There is nothing to fear in physical death. As the Apostle Paul said, with Jesus gift on the cross and Salvation through belief in Christ, death has lost its sting.

Sherri

God does not tell us to hate others, we are to hate evil, but not other human beings. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Love people, hate acts of evil.

Jesus hated the Jews. He showed us he hated the Jews by what he said to them. He showed us he hated them by promising their destruction (the stuff you shitheads think is about the end of the world isn't about the world, it's about God's judgement against the Jews). The Bible tells us that God hates people who do evil. The Bible tells us to hate God's enemies... The Bible tells us to hate God's enemies with the "utmost hate".

You love the sinner and you hate the righteous. People of God hate the sinner and love the righteous.

Jesus, when He died on the cross, He did not hate those killing Him, He loved them.

Jesus loved the Romans and forgave them, because they didn't know what they were doing. The events of 70AD show that Jesus did not love or forgive the Jews for killing him.

[.

The only human sacrifice sanctioned by Jesus is self sacrifice, and that is carried out only within the confines of a personal relationship between Jesus and His followers. I cannot imagine a better way to die, then to sacrifice self out of love for God and others. In that situation, a person is pouring out all one has to give, to God. Do not forget, a believer has Life with Christ for eternity, upon Salavation. Physical death is just part of the path to walk down to get to a believer's real home, Heaven. There is nothing to fear in physical death. As the Apostle Paul said, with Jesus gift on the cross and Salvation through belief in Christ, death has lost its sting.

Sherri

Dying for ones friends is noble indeed but in the case of Jesus, it was to appease his own father who set the ranson for sin.

But you go ahead and try to profit from the murder of an innocent man and see how quickly God sends your immoral ass to hell.

You have to ignore tons of scriptures to keep your immoral position. Count them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U]Nothing but the blood? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related]God Killed Jesus (Responsibility & Christianity) - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Jesus hated the Jews. He showed us he hated the Jews by what he said to them. He showed us he hated them by promising their destruction (the stuff you shitheads think is about the end of the world isn't about the world, it's about God's judgement against the Jews). The Bible tells us that God hates people who do evil. The Bible tells us to hate God's enemies... The Bible tells us to hate God's enemies with the "utmost hate".

You love the sinner and you hate the righteous. People of God hate the sinner and love the righteous.

Jesus, when He died on the cross, He did not hate those killing Him, He loved them.

Jesus loved the Romans and forgave them, because they didn't know what they were doing. The events of 70AD show that Jesus did not love or forgive the Jews for killing him.

Ariux,

Jesus tells noone to hate, He is who I follow.

You keep stating Christians are to hate, you are wrong about this.

If you persist in claiming Christians are called to hate, where does Jesus command hate?

70 AD, that shows us what happens when a people choose hate over love, violent resistance to Occupation led to a people's destruction and exile. Choosing love and Jesus and God would have led the people to choose nonviolenet resistance to Occupation. They would not have been destroyed, if that had been their choice.

Not all Jews were destroyed, after Jesus crucifixion, and we see Jesus love poured out on Jews, such as the Apostle Paul, and Jews who subsequently accepted Jesus as Messiah, before and after 70 AD.

There are consequuences to our choices, whether we choose to follow Jesus or not. This is not about God hating or calling man to hate. We have at least our earthly lives, in which to choose to follow Jesus within. And of course, the Holy Spirit has to show persons God, as well, and convict them of their sin and need for Jesus.

Sherri

Jesus tells noone to hate, He is who I follow.

You continue to ignore that Jesus hated the Jews, as shown by how he spoke to them. You continue to ignore that Jesus never commanded us to love everyone. You continue to ignore that Jesus viewed the Old Testament as Holy scripture, and that does teach God's people to hate people who do evil.

And, you choose to read a a translation where the translators put in lies. And, you claim the Old Testament contains a "bunch of crap".

The sin is part of the sinner. You can't hate one without hating the other. Conversely, if you don't hate the sinner, then you don't hate the sin.

70 AD, that shows us what happens when a people choose hate over love,
violent resistance to Occupation led to a people's destruction and exile.

70 AD shows what happens to people who hate God, because God hates them back. To you, 70 AD is nothing but the result of violent resistance to occupation. To Jesus, it was God's vengeance against the Jews. Luke 21:22.

Forum List

Back