To Fathers of Daughters

:lol:

Funny you post that... the guy my oldest is dating now got that from me one evening.

It was when he first started to hang around the casa... my dad & I were out firing the guns at his place one evening, and when I got home I saw his truck in driveway. So me, the joker I am walks in backdoor and there they were in kitchen chatting. So I rack one in the chamber of the old Mosberg and then shook his hand said hi, and calmly walked off to my room.

She said that scared the shit out of him.... :lmao:

I later told him I was just kidding... he is a great guy, and I truly think he is cares for her alot.

Just not as much as daddy does...

This song ALWAYS gets me.... :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4VRWX8y1A]Heartland - I Loved Her First - YouTube[/ame]

I remember the first time I heard Butterfly Kisses, I just sat down and cried. I was a single mom, so I just carried it over to the 'dad side' of me.

Yep... thats another one.

There are so many great songs like that... daddy's and there little princesses. Love it!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcqaDNOqyI]Butterfly Kisses (w/ lyrics) by Bob Carlisle - YouTube[/ame]

My 11 year old never goes to bed w/o saying her prayers with me.... I hope she never outgrows that.

Last edited:
My Daughter Meagan is 14 and there better not be any boys callin on her for at least two more years.
She is a spoiled brat but she is my spoiled daddys girl.
Forever young.

Last edited:
My Daughter Meagan is 14 and there better not be any boys callin on her for at leat two more years.
Forever young.

There won't be. Just say "No dating until 16" and then stand by it.

It takes the pressure off them, too.

My Daughter Meagan is 14 and there better not be any boys callin on her for at leat two more years.
Forever young.

There won't be. Just say "No dating until 16" and then stand by it.

It takes the pressure off them, too.

Yup.

My two oldest boys..it was 16, and that worked out well....more or less.

I've modified it with my younger (by 16 years or so) set...

No dating until college.
They can go on dates for the big events..Homecoming, Prom, and dances. They can go see movies with friends.

But no, absolutely no.."dating" one person.

I've told them this from birth, and all our friends and relatives as well, so they get it from all sides.

So far, I have one granddaughter, 5 next December.

daughterdad.jpg

I have a daughter who will be 30 in July. New boyfriends always got a tour of my gun collection.

New boyfriends were always wary of meeting me, or messing with my daughter. Word was out that I'm a decent shot with anything that propels a projectile. If they only knew that my daughter can clean my clock just about any day. (I'm so proud of my baby girl!)
My SIL lives with the daughter and two granddaughters. That would explain why he complains so little when sent on an exercise...

Daughters are great, I have two both 38 with 4 grandkids. I can't possible say it better than BD 10 rules just assume that those apply to my response as well.

My daughter has 5 brothers...

I don't ever have to worry about boyfriends. If she ever decides she wants one, her brothers will keep him at bay.

But I expect her disdain of boys is going to last well into her college years. She's had enough of them to last a lifetime.

Forum List

Back