To Everyone: Thanks!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I was thinking last night, I am so glad I found this site off of a yahoo board post last November. The variety of viewpoints and humor and ages, the general diversity that are represented here have given me many opportunities to ponder, clarify, and yes, once in awhile to change my POV.

For those of us that read a bit and that seems legion, the diversity of things we come across is staggering. Right now there is a new thread on a transvestite bathroom in I believe, Thailand. Now I don't really care where anyone goes to relieve themselves, but others find it interesting or at least a sign of the times. Here for the most part, they'll find others too who think it's worth discussing.

Some seem to come here primarily to have a few laughs or share a 'slice of life' at the humor, pics, recipes, computer tips.
Others seem to congregate mostly at the 'top of the board' with news on the WOT, politics, religion, and life in the US. Some of these posters, along with a few that are primarily interested in foreign affairs can be found in the French, Canadian, and Israeli/Palistinian discussions.

Perhaps the best part about finding this forum, I've been able to interact with many that are much more knowledgeable than I do on so many issues. It's like being back in college during the early years, when we'd sit around and contemplate where the world was going.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when you have an interest area(s) that is/are more developed than most, it can be difficult to find someone that wants to talk about those things. I find that I have friends that are 'news' orientated and others that are 'politically' active, surprisingly or maybe not, they are not the same people. I have friends that are involved with 'teaching' and their children, but rarely do they cross into the previous areas. Here, I've found a whole group of people that can get together and talk about a range of interests. That, to my experience, is unique.

Anyways this is just my to say thank you to Jim and all the others that made this possible. There must be times that you all wonder, 'What was I thinking? Who needs these headaches? Why didn't I stick with fishing or golf?' Well I'm glad you detoured here.

Included in this thank you are those that perhaps I haven't personally crossed over with, but whose posts during those 'slow times' I've enjoyed reading, sometimes laughing out loud. I would never have thought that a forum marked 'home improvement' could make me laugh!

Now I think I'll get going and find if there is anything else interesting to look at, if not, I'll come back later.

Kathianne, I think you've captured the thoughts of many of the posters on here with that post! One of the reasons I am on here all the time is the diverse views; even though it is a majority conservative board, we have facsists, racists, commies, libs, moderates, neo-cons, and everything in between - plus the non-political types! Very cool.

Kathianne, that's probably something only a former troop would understand. POV = Privately Owned Vehicle - as opposed to military vehicles.

But I'm sure you actually meant Propagation Of Variance, right?

Or was it something else?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Kathianne, that's probably something only a former troop would understand. POV = Privately Owned Vehicle - as opposed to military vehicles.

But I'm sure you actually meant Propagation Of Variance, right?

Or was it something else?

Propogation of variance, I like that. LOL

Point of view.

Originally posted by Sandy73
Now thats what I call a USMB man ! :D

ok ya'll I give. I keep hearing about the fatties and the little guy ***edit*** off to represent the adult sections. But alas I am cluless on the fatties (probably should stay that way) and can't seem to find the little wanker!

Well said Kathianne. Its great to come here to express ones views as well as read others perspectives. I've learned alot from this board. It is also a nice place to converse in other areas from outdoor activities to music and food. A great mix of people here.
And always new people coming on board. Very cool.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Well said Kathianne. Its great to come here to express ones views as well as read others perspectives. I've learned alot from this board. It is also a nice place to converse in other areas from outdoor activities to music and food. A great mix of people here.
And always new people coming on board. Very cool.

Oh stop it you don't have to tell everyone about how cool i am.. :thanks: :dance: But if you want to keep it up..you are doing a great job..:cof:

Originally posted by dilloduck
my thanks too----I now tell everyone I get my info on TKNP (The Kathianne News Proliferator)
:clap1: :p: :beer: :thanks:

Originally posted by dilloduck
my thanks too----I now tell everyone I get my info on TKNP (The Kathianne News Proliferator)

Isn't she great, always has something to go along with her post. Like I said to someone last night, it's nice when someone else does your homework for you. I love to read, but I'm very lazy :D

Originally posted by Said1
Isn't she great, always has something to go along with her post. Like I said to someone last night, it nice when someone else does your homework for you, I love to read, but I'm very lazy :D

Thanks, I love the new avatar!

Originally posted by Kathianne
Thanks, I love the new avatar!

Thanks, I finally found one that fits with my personality. I like Jmarie's avatar too - kinda looked like me Friday morning :D I like yours too of course :)

Forum List

Back