To Democrats: What will be the big difference with a Clinton II Presidency?

And the fact that we were experiencing a tech bubble had nothing to do with that, right...

That explains 415,000 jobs in total over four years...

Tech back then was not what it is today by any stretch, I worked in the industry at the time.
It accounts for a large chunk of that 'prosperity.'

It bared a lot of resemblance with the housing boom - tech companies that made no money and had no value claiming to be worth millions. I don't think Clinton's policy did squat for the economy. I think 'free trade' is one of those policies set up in his term that we are still paying the price for. Nor do I think that Hillary is a second term for bill either. It is a different world for one (constant global warfare without pause) and to think that she is somehow going to herald a return of what Bill stood for I believe is folly.

So you think Clinton did nothing... So you believe the President had nothing to do with the economy.

Great so. Probably don't need to really vote for a president since the only thing Clinton did is not squander trillions on wars and idiotic tax breaks during a war.
Interesting take on things I did not say.

care to try again or is vitriol all you have?

What virtriol, You said Clinton didn't do nothing for the economy... I just pointed out things he did...
You actually didn't point to anything. You made an asinine statement that we don't need to vote for any president and his 'accomplishment' was not squandering trillions on war. Hardly an 'accomplishment.' I didn't murder anyone today - do I get a cookie?

Just a reminder to the left what was accomplished under Bill Clinton on the economic front was done with the help of a Republican Congress something many seem to forget. Bill Clinton was a skilled politician who was able to work across party lines Hillary is not someone who has shown she can do that nor has she shown herself to be a skilled politician her setting up her own private e-mail server at her home and how she has handled this scandal is proof of that. On the political front the only thing Bill and Hillary have in common is the last name Clinton.
This is very important.

Something that people seem to not understand is that part of our broken political problem is that the last two figures have been EXTREMELY polarizing (both Bush and Obama) and that is destroying the political process. Hillary is another extremely polarizing figure.

FA_Q2,

Obama is Center Left and possibly Center. The divisiveness came mainly from one side.

Look at the fact checkers, the lies are mainly from the right.

It was Luntz who set up a meeting to assassinate the Obama admin.

The way the GOP has been hijacked it is nearly impossible to deal with them, the GOP is not the party of Reagan any more.
You are willing to give him a pass on what is a central job of the president - the ability to not only work with the other side but get them to cooperate. I am not.

You can blame the republicans all you want, that does not change the fact that Obama failed in a CORE presidential capacity. It is not that it is impossible, it is that Obama has no clue how to work with the other side and get them to fall in line.

He asked for the job, I damn well expect him to do it. It also sounds like you are setting Hillary up for the same BS excuse. The 'but they wont play fair' mantra. Sorry but no dice.

That explains 415,000 jobs in total over four years...

Tech back then was not what it is today by any stretch, I worked in the industry at the time.

It bared a lot of resemblance with the housing boom - tech companies that made no money and had no value claiming to be worth millions. I don't think Clinton's policy did squat for the economy. I think 'free trade' is one of those policies set up in his term that we are still paying the price for. Nor do I think that Hillary is a second term for bill either. It is a different world for one (constant global warfare without pause) and to think that she is somehow going to herald a return of what Bill stood for I believe is folly.

So you think Clinton did nothing... So you believe the President had nothing to do with the economy.

Great so. Probably don't need to really vote for a president since the only thing Clinton did is not squander trillions on wars and idiotic tax breaks during a war.

What virtriol, You said Clinton didn't do nothing for the economy... I just pointed out things he did...
You actually didn't point to anything. You made an asinine statement that we don't need to vote for any president and his 'accomplishment' was not squandering trillions on war. Hardly an 'accomplishment.' I didn't murder anyone today - do I get a cookie?

I know but the guy before him and the guy after him did just that.

One of the main reasons he had success is that he didn't go to war.
Reagan was well, looking for a fight everywhere. But he kept himself cleanish on major stuff.

Bush I by sheer incompetence got himself in Gulf War 1. He OKed the Kuwait attack ish.

Bush 2 was a disaster...

So while you can say that is not economy, it sure helped a lot.

Actually it is hard to stay out of war as US President... It takes great skill and knowledge...

Just a reminder to the left what was accomplished under Bill Clinton on the economic front was done with the help of a Republican Congress something many seem to forget. Bill Clinton was a skilled politician who was able to work across party lines Hillary is not someone who has shown she can do that nor has she shown herself to be a skilled politician her setting up her own private e-mail server at her home and how she has handled this scandal is proof of that. On the political front the only thing Bill and Hillary have in common is the last name Clinton.
This is very important.

Something that people seem to not understand is that part of our broken political problem is that the last two figures have been EXTREMELY polarizing (both Bush and Obama) and that is destroying the political process. Hillary is another extremely polarizing figure.

FA_Q2,

Obama is Center Left and possibly Center. The divisiveness came mainly from one side.

The way the GOP has been hijacked it is nearly impossible to deal with them, the GOP is not the party of Reagan any more.
You are willing to give him a pass on what is a central job of the president - the ability to not only work with the other side but get them to cooperate. I am not.

You can blame the republicans all you want, that does not change the fact that Obama failed in a CORE presidential capacity. It is not that it is impossible, it is that Obama has no clue how to work with the other side and get them to fall in line.

He asked for the job, I damn well expect him to do it. It also sounds like you are setting Hillary up for the same BS excuse. The 'but they wont play fair' mantra. Sorry but no dice.

I am sorry but do you think the GOP was set up for compromise... Anyone GOP who did any deal with Obama was creamed by the right.

Any deal, the GOP acted like the won the White House, they figured out they lost.

Democrats,

Looking at it now. The GOP are funny they are so bad, Bernie is running an effective but out gunned campaign... So Clinton II is coming, Bill is Back...

Do we see a administration continuing on from Obama while running a Clinton type Presidency...

By the way, the doom sayers from the RW. Clinton I was very successful period for the US economy.

He deregulated and helped set up the collapse of 2008. The dot.com bubble burst in 2000 and sent us into a recession in March of 2001.

Bill Clinton: Glass-Steagall repeal had nothing to do with financial crisis
Our ruling

Clinton said, "There's not a single, solitary example that" signing the bill to end Glass-Steagall "had anything to do with the financial crash."

By focusing on the bill that officially repealed Glass-Steagall, Clinton's statement ignores the fact that the demise of Glass-Steagall took place over decades, amid a deregulatory push in which the Clinton administration played a role. By the time the law to repeal hit his desk, Glass-Steagall had been whittled down so much that it wasn’t very meaningful. It's a matter of debate how much of a role the overall demise of Glass-Steagall had in causing the financial crisis, but we couldn't find any economists who argue that the regulation was the sole linchpin keeping the financial system stable until its official repeal in 1999. Overall, we rate Clinton’s claim Mostly True.
rulings%2Ftom-mostlytrue.gif

You have to stop believing the funny pages.

There was more than Glass-Steagall, maybe you should do some research instead of believing everything the left tells you.

Accusations.

Any actual meat to it...

Like I said, many things caused the Recession in 2008. Not just Democrats, not just Republicans but a lot of people wanting it the easy way.
Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

It was a bipartisan mess.both political party's contributed and both are corrupt. Bill and Hillary are no different than Obama, Bush of many Present and former Congressmen and women.

I know but the guy before him and the guy after him did just that.

One of the main reasons he had success is that he didn't go to war.
Reagan was well, looking for a fight everywhere. But he kept himself cleanish on major stuff.

Bush I by sheer incompetence got himself in Gulf War 1. He OKed the Kuwait attack ish.

Bush 2 was a disaster...

So while you can say that is not economy, it sure helped a lot.

Actually it is hard to stay out of war as US President... It takes great skill and knowledge...
I wouldn't say that. In most wars we are the aggressor. I don't think it takes a lot of skill to avoid going over seas and killing people at all. I think one of the core problems is that the presidency tends to attract aggressive and alpha personalities so that they are more likely to want to impose more 'freedom' on others nations.

War also tends to help the economy quite a bit - it is a massive governmental expenditure. I think what we have now is different than the standard because we have entered an era where the war does not end. Such expenditures help the economy in the short term and hurt them in the long. Now we are in permanent war and it is a major drain.

I don't see how Bush started the first Gulf war and that was barely a war to begin with. It was an exemplary military action - virtually no fighting whatsoever, almost no deaths and a complete victory. I only wish Bush Jr. would have domes so well.

I will give Clinton credit for not entering into meaningless conflicts but that does not relate to Hillary at all. I don't think she has any plans on scaling back our world involvement. Obama certainly does not and I don't see any indication that there is going to be any politician advocating for such for a long time (any that has an actual impact that is).

Democrats,

Looking at it now. The GOP are funny they are so bad, Bernie is running an effective but out gunned campaign... So Clinton II is coming, Bill is Back...

Do we see a administration continuing on from Obama while running a Clinton type Presidency...

By the way, the doom sayers from the RW. Clinton I was very successful period for the US economy.

He deregulated and helped set up the collapse of 2008. The dot.com bubble burst in 2000 and sent us into a recession in March of 2001.

He signed a bill sponsored by Phil Gramm........The recession of 2001 was but a blip next to The Great Recession...

Democrats,

Our ruling

Clinton said, "There's not a single, solitary example that" signing the bill to end Glass-Steagall "had anything to do with the financial crash."

By focusing on the bill that officially repealed Glass-Steagall, Clinton's statement ignores the fact that the demise of Glass-Steagall took place over decades, amid a deregulatory push in which the Clinton administration played a role. By the time the law to repeal hit his desk, Glass-Steagall had been whittled down so much that it wasn’t very meaningful. It's a matter of debate how much of a role the overall demise of Glass-Steagall had in causing the financial crisis, but we couldn't find any economists who argue that the regulation was the sole linchpin keeping the financial system stable until its official repeal in 1999. Overall, we rate Clinton’s claim Mostly True.

There was more than Glass-Steagall, maybe you should do some research instead of believing everything the left tells you.

Accusations.

Any actual meat to it...

Like I said, many things caused the Recession in 2008. Not just Democrats, not just Republicans but a lot of people wanting it the easy way.

It was a bipartisan mess.both political party's contributed and both are corrupt. Bill and Hillary are no different than Obama, Bush of many Present and former Congressmen and women.
You didn't hesitate to cite deregulation as a Clinton liability......Have you ever eyeballed the conclusions of the FCIC?

Democrats,

Bill Clinton is not my favorite person but he was a good President. If I thought Hillary would be as good as Bill, I would vote for her.

I respect Bill's intellect and his skill as a politician but my friend Hillary is no Bill if she gets elected it will be a disaster.

This is very important.

FA_Q2,

We have seen a level of obstructionism unrivaled in the modern era......what Obama has shown a capacity to do is to lead IN SPITE of it....

You people are insane. There is no non-European out there that is going to respect a woman. Add to that the fact that she is a notoriously bad politician, crooked, and an Alinski-ite, and you have a cocktail for a disastrous presidency. This bitch has never held a job except for a couple of years at the Rose Law firm fucking people out of their money. We were NEVER intended to be a republic ruled over by a political ruling class. Hillary will just continue with this modern trend, to the detriment of our nation.
and an Alinski-ite,

“I mean, this isn’t a new observation, but Fox News is no longer conservative enough in their eyes. I heard a Newsmax promo this week that said, ‘Tune in to Newsmax TV to get the real story from Ted Cruz… without the Fox News filter.’”

The Real Media Machine Behind Trump: Conservative Talk Radio

Democrats,

Our ruling

Accusations.

Any actual meat to it...

I am not saying Clinton should go down in glory but the Crisis happened 7 years later after an adolescent child was left in charge...

Bush 2 was a complete disaster, he broke so many rule in Economics you have to wonder who was in charge?

Our ruling

Accusations.

Any actual meat to it...

You didn't hesitate to cite deregulation as a Clinton liability......Have you ever eyeballed the conclusions of the FCIC?

Fuckin learn to read before you pop your head into a conversation. I already mentioned him.

Democrats,

I think it's difficult to say how much she can accomplish if she became president, but she is still a far better choice than any republican candidate.

Democrats,

I think it's difficult to say how much she can accomplish if she became president, but she is still a far better choice than any republican candidate.

Yeah we need to keep lying to the public and need that Wall St. connection in the White House.

This is very important.

FA_Q2,

We have seen a level of obstructionism unrivaled in the modern era......what Obama has shown a capacity to do is to lead IN SPITE of it....
LOL.

Again, no accountability at all but plenty of credit.

I see a lot of this in modern partisan politics.

Our ruling

Accusations.

Any actual meat to it...

Fuckin learn to read before you pop your head into a conversation. I already mentioned him.

You think FCIC is a "him"?

This is very important.

FA_Q2,

LOL.

Again, no accountability at all but plenty of credit.

I see a lot of this in modern partisan politics.

There are things for which I hold him accountable, but the dysfunction of congress is not among them.

Forum List

Back