To Declaw or not declaw

Disclaimer one more time:

I've never declawed. But I detest those that bitch and moan and who think they are higher and more mightier than others who are owned by cats.

Snots you are. Bitches you are. And you are horrid.

And you're nuts.

Pyewacket almost made it to 21 years.

FUCK OFF. 20 and a half years as my buddy and you are going to tell me I am nuts?

This is a bud who walked into my world on Thanksgiving years back all beat up pretty well smoked out, he was so tired and so hungry.

Hershey hated him from the get go. In the end they became the best of friends.

But you in your world are going to judge me and my beasties lives.

You must be a liberal. You are a prick.

You see I never judged them, they never judged me. .

The difference being that you had a choice, and that they were not in a position to rip your fingernails out and then decide for you that it didn't bother you at all.

What part of "I have never declawed a cat in my life" didn't you get you pompous twit?

I've never declawed a cat.

Did you see one post that way?

I have been putting forth the argument though that idiots like you get cats killed in shelters.

I know your type and you disgust me. Cola's Lil Nitro was out of a breeder in Windsor. She was a die for killer burmese. She was one I purchased. Actually the only one. All of the others were rescues. I still can't list them all being in my life.

I normally say don't judge another cat owner. But seriously you are really truly the type that gets cats offed on a daily basis in shelters because you are so freaking holier than thou.

You are a swine. And you get cats killed.

Last edited:
Cat's in general left outdoors, do not do as well as indoor cats. Fleas, ticks, diseases, attacks by predictors, and moving vehicles take their toll. I suppose people see cats stalking birds and think cats do just fine outdoors.

Many years ago, I worked as an assistant manger in a large apartment complex. People would move out leaving their cats believing some kindly neighbor would take care of them. Occasionally that happened but not often. When a cat is abandoned and left around the house or apartment, it will usually hang around a day or so, waiting to be let in and fed. As it becomes more hunger it will begin to roam. Unlike dogs, who are pack animals, cats are solitary. They hide under bushes and cars waiting for dark to search for food. They do not seek out humans the way dogs do. The lucky find a human but most die within a year or so.

Parks, truck stops, and rest areas seem to be a favorite place for people to dump their pets. Unfortunately they are the worst place. Many of the animals are run over by cars. Maintenance people will usually run them off. Most wander into wooded areas searching for food where they become easy pray for predators. Cats that survive for very long usually become feral and will never find a home.

If you have to abandon your pets, take them to a shelter. Many people think their pets stand a better chance if they are left in the neighborhood because they will be put down if left in a shelter. Today, no kill shelters are popping up all over the country. Those that aren't no kill shelters have a pretty good record of placing the animals. Many shelters will attempt to place animals in other shelters if they can not place them.

Before deciding to adopt that cute kitten are puppy, you need to consider that cute little bundle of fur is going to grow into an adult dog or cat that will be dependent on you for 10 or 20 years. If your not ready to make the commitment to care for the animal throughout its life, you shouldn't adopt it.

Cat's in general left outdoors, do not do as well as indoor cats. Fleas, ticks, diseases, attacks by predictors, and moving vehicles take their toll. I suppose people see cats stalking birds and think cats do just fine outdoors.

Many years ago, I worked as an assistant manger in a large apartment complex. People would move out leaving their cats believing some kindly neighbor would take care of them. Occasionally that happened but not often. When a cat is abandoned and left around the house or apartment, it will usually hang around a day or so, waiting to be let in and fed. As it becomes more hunger it will begin to roam. Unlike dogs, who are pack animals, cats are solitary. They hide under bushes and cars waiting for dark to search for food. They do not seek out humans the way dogs do. The lucky find a human but most die within a year or so.

Parks, truck stops, and rest areas seem to be a favorite place for people to dump their pets. Unfortunately they are the worst place. Many of the animals are run over by cars. Maintenance people will usually run them off. Most wander into wooded areas searching for food where they become easy pray for predators. Cats that survive for very long usually become feral and will never find a home.

If you have to abandon your pets, take them to a shelter. Many people think their pets stand a better chance if they are left in the neighborhood because they will be put down if left in a shelter. Today, no kill shelters are popping up all over the country. Those that aren't no kill shelters have a pretty good record of placing the animals. Many shelters will attempt to place animals in other shelters if they can not place them.

Before deciding to adopt that cute kitten are puppy, you need to consider that cute little bundle of fur is going to grow into an adult dog or cat that will be dependent on you for 10 or 20 years. If your not ready to make the commitment to care for the animal throughout its life, you shouldn't adopt it.

I just lost a great girl. Check out a special place for her. You will see my post a special place for her. Barn cat. She was one of the best cats who ever owned me.

I just lost her a couple of weeks back. She blessed my life so.

When people think they drop off a cat on a corner they have no idea what they are doing. Or who they are impacting.

I just lost a great girl. Check out a special place for her. You will see my post a special place for her. Barn cat. She was one of the best cats who ever owned me.

When people think they drop off a cat on a corner they have no idea what they are doing. Or who they are impacting.
Sorry for your lose. I lost a wonderful kitty 3 years ago. For the first 10 years we had her she was my wife's cat but as she became ill she turned to me. She would lay for hours in my lap and when I made a move to stand up, she would crawl up my chest and wrap her paws around my neck. I know it really hurts to lose an animal you love, but you get over it. We have 3 great cats today that we really enjoy.

Without reading this thread, my only addition is that you must keep that animal indoors from now on if you declaw (which I wouldn't do - that's my vote). If it ever gets out of the house, it is completely defenseless.

I'm a big indoor person.

A comment about you, not cats.

I like my cats where I can cuddle them.

You again.

But to say a cat gets out and declawed is defensless, is to not recognize cats and their superiority as individuals on the planet.

They are not superior to other cats. Especially ones with claws who want to fight.

I've never declawed. But I detest those that bitch and moan and who think they are higher and more mightier than others who are owned by cats.

Does anyone have a clue what she is talking about? I don't know anyone who is owned by a cat.

Excellent post.

Oh, now I understand: you're nucking futs!

We always hear about those deranged women who have 50 cats living in their house, surrounded by shit and piss, with all that stench.

Now we have one on the forum.

Oh, now I understand: you're nucking futs!

We always hear about those deranged women who have 50 cats living in their house, surrounded by shit and piss, with all that stench.

Now we have one on the forum.

Why would you say that? I don't have 50 cats living in my house. But I will tell you what I am.

I am a real person who lives in the middle of nowhere by choice. And I love it. I have wild turkeys who run down my front yard. I have these awesome vultures who migrate over me year on year.

I know birds like eagles who live in my back yard punk. Look up Sandilands.

I'm not some punk ass kid on a keyboard. I've not just had a life. I've had a life and I lived it.

I have a life. And I love it. I have a Gold, Platinum and Double Platinum and a Juno. I have been coast to coast in North America.

I am blessed.

Oh, and look up Dana's Song.

I never saw this before. Ron put it out there. I don't even know what to say.

Last edited:
I will tell you what I am.

I am a real person who lives in the middle of nowhere by choice. And I love it. I have wild turkeys who run down my front yard. I have these awesome vultures who migrate over me year on year.

I'm guessing you have Wild Turkey running down your throat from early in the morning. And those vultures aren't "migrating," they're circling...

I think I missed something...how does being anti-declawing result in cats dying in shelters????

Again for the record, cats belong to the people who own them, and I really don't care particularly if an owner has justified nipping their toes for convenience sake. But let's be honest here...it's not for the health of the cat...there are no health benefits to doing it. It's for the convenience of the owner, and poses some inconvenience and potential (unnecessary) balance and medical issues for the cat, however brief. If you value your furniture THAT MUCH then at least be honest and say you're doing it for the sake of the furntiure, and you're willing to put the animal's welff being and comfort second to that.

Does anyone have a clue what she is talking about? I don't know anyone who is owned by a cat.
The term is more figurative than literal. Unlike dogs, cats are independent. A dog is subservient to the master, the leader of the pack. A cat has no master. Unlike a dog it does not recognize ownership. You can feed a cat and provide it a home, but if doesn't like you or your home it will leave at first opportunity. I think some cats go through a number of owners before they find the right one. Some never do.

I will tell you what I am.

I'm guessing you have Wild Turkey running down your throat from early in the morning. And those vultures aren't "migrating," they're circling...

Shows what you don't know kid.

Wild turkeys not only exist they are so beautiful you can't describe them. Wing pattern feathers to die for.

If someone else is out there that has a brain I would say herringsbone. Layered in black and white with grey in between.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back