To conservatives who like(d) Newt: Did Newt lose you last night?

Did Newt's statements on immigration at last night's debate make you do a double take?

Nope.

What he said is Practical, Rational, and Responsible.

Someone who came here Illegally, but has gotten away with it for a Generation and now has kids and Grand kids living here. Someone who has Lived her all this time and the only laws they have broke were in coming here in the first place. Should be treated differently than someone who just came across the Border last week.

You assume Newt Lost Conservatives last night, because you believe the Liberal Spin that all conservatives hate Immigration and Minorities and are heartless Bastards that want to deport them all.

The Truth is most of us really just want the Border under control and the Flow of Illegals stopped now. Most of us are reasonable and Open to NOT Trying to deport most of those who are already here. Especially the ones who have been here Decades.

Liberals have a hard time understanding this because they believe the Lies. They believe Conservatives are Motivated by a Hate of Minorities, and fail to understand that what really motivates us is Security.

No

His stance on immigration is right. We physically cant deport that many people so rather than continuing to keep our heads in the sand on the issue we need to address it. It doesnt make them citizens but it does make them legal contributing members to society.

We can easily deport them all. We just need the will to do it.

I oppose any legalization of the status. They chose their status when the violated our immigration laws. They should be thankful they haven't been deported.

I knew Newt had this position anyways before last night...Nearly all of the republican leadership supports amnesty and gave amnesty under Reagan and George W Bush pushed very hard for it...His party was the main thing pushing for it! As long as we have enough tea party and intelligent democrats that care about the general population of this country..There won't be a amnesty bill for Newt to sign!

made sense to me....how can you return people when their families are all here now....removing them all would be way more expensive than letting them stay

It most certainly would not be more expensive. How expensive is a bus trip to Mexico?

Yeah, I'm sorry I just proved my point with Newt's own "policy" that you posted.

Hey TM, I mean Gramps, stop "projecting" on me... lol, it's kinda amazing how many questions you never manage to answer. Reminds me of when you would sit here and trash talk me over Cain... until you caught on.

What were your objections to Cain before I ( perhaps Gramps, can't talk for him) considered his vetting a success to illuminate his failures in foreign policy? 9-9-9?

His objection to everything and everyone is because they aren't Paul. It's that simple for him.

First Gramps is a fucking idiot.

Now, I liked Cain when I first heard him talk, that was before he decided to run for President. I watched him and a few things stuck out to me that I didn't like, like he talks like a preacher and he seems more arrogant than Obama, however I'm about policy and this is the first time I have ever mentioned these dislikes about Cain on the net.

I didn't like that Cain lacked depth in his positions. Even Cain's 999 plan was strange because he started off by saying it was extremely thought through and that the numbers were 999 for a good reason, he invited others to run the numbers and they did... People found his math was off, way off. At first Cain attacked the very people he invited to run his numbers and then changed his perfect plan to 909... He lied about future Presidents being able to raise the 999 taxes and blah blah blah... It was a slogan nothing more.

Cain offered no cuts, likes the FED, served on the FED and has zero foreign policy... Then Cain turned into a flip flopping machine.

To answer you later question yes, I considered Cain and Newt. Newt gave no positions for a long time, he simply “made friends” with others on stage and talked about others policies while saying “it’s not perfect, but at least we’re talking about something important.” More or less Newt was attacking people while getting on that persons voter base’s good side… Now Newt has stolen many of others base and is on a full offensive to try and keep them.
I don’t like Newt’s policies or how he tries and exploit the use of religion near every chance he gets. He’s not very moral and has been married 3x I believe… He is the definition of what you don’t want to become according to the very religion he is trying to exploit.

Liberals really miss the boat on this issue IMO. They claim Republicans are Irrational and Don't like Immigration. The Truth is if the Democrats would simply get on Board with Securing the Border, Immigration Reform could and would happen.

They main stopping point is that any Reform is going to include some type of Amnesty for Millions who are already here. the Right is Very opposed to this now, but if we secure the border so Millions more can't just come walking in on the hopes of Getting Amnesty themselves, the Opposition wold fall off Dramatically.

I know I would support Real Reform, Increased Quotas, More Guest Workers, Streamlining the Immigration Process, All of it, If and Only if the Border is Secured first.

Gramps and Avorysuds, can you guys please just call a truce already. Neither of you are going to convince the other so just stop. Do it for the sake of Thanksgiving if you want lol

Did Newt's statements on immigration at last night's debate make you do a double take?

NOpe. But I've never considered immigration to be a big issue, and I think we eventually have to face the reality that some of these people are going to be here to stay.

HIs position was measured, and would have been the same position of Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and John McCain.

Oh, and it was Mitt Romney's position in 2006. Just saying.

no

his stance on immigration is right. We physically cant deport that many people so rather than continuing to keep our heads in the sand on the issue we need to address it. It doesnt make them citizens but it does make them legal contributing members to society.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
rino

So by your standards, McCain, Bush and Reagan were all "RINO's"?

And Mitt, too before 2006... Of course, you have to keep checking back with Mitt to see what his positions are. So that has to be tough.

Nope... What said is ok with me, i don't have a problem with it as long as the boarders are secured.

Forum List

Back