To BO it's all about 'fairness", not solutions

There is no getting away from it the Libs love high taxes.
The Righties love fair taxes.

funny... near as i can tell.. the righties don't want ANY taxes...and don't want to pay for their wars and don't want to pay for the federal government to do anything but wage war.

so how about a little honesty?

thanks.

For the record I don't support our being involved all over the globe and spread so thin. Bring our troops home and let the world deal with their own problems for awhile and see what it's like without America bailing everyone out all the time.
Also stop all foreign aid to everyone, let someone else pay for teaching Africans how to scrub their ball sacks.

why does it merely have spikes and then retank during the low rates?

Because investors know the higher tax rates are coming. They sell off all their winners as a result.

look at the chart

I did, moron. I just explained it to you. revenues went up shortly before a big hike in tax rates. That's because investors know taxes are going up and they realize their capital gains before that when taxes are lower.

Raising tax rates provides a small short-lived spike in revenue, then things level back out as folks find shelter, and make other adjustments, which usually lead to less jobs.

So as you can see in the chart, when the top rate was slashed, revenue stayed fairly constant as well because we had more jobs and economic activity, and a larger tax base.

"Trickle down", but it's far more than a trickle.

Tax+Rates+vs+revenues.jpg

Trickle down is a proven failure:

You might want to read this instead of relying on misinformation and disinformation.

http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/files/documents/CRSTaxesandtheEconomy Top Rates.pdf

There is no such thing as "trickle down" It's an tirely made up term you dufus.

Near as I can tell nobody has ever accused you of being intelligent.

Republicans do not advocate no taxation, just "fair" taxation.

Now...I know that that is beyond your little minds ability to comprehend...but it never the less true.

There is no getting away from it the Libs love high taxes.
The Righties love fair taxes.

funny... near as i can tell.. the righties don't want ANY taxes...and don't want to pay for their wars and don't want to pay for the federal government to do anything but wage war.

so how about a little honesty?

thanks.

Forum List

Back