To bed with no dinner equals child abuse

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I just heard on the radio that some dingbat city councilor in Cambridge is planning on introducing a measure banning parents from sending their misbehaving child to bed without dinner because to do so constitutes child abuse. Probably the same nut that introduced the spanking ban a couple years ago. I couldn't find any links but I'll keep looking. Please post any if you find them.

Yep, they keep tying our hands on raising our kids, then sit around wondering why kids get out of control.

More wonderful liberal ideas at work.

• Banned
I question its effectiveness as a disciplinary measure, but child abuse??? That seems a bit crazy to me unless you make your kid go hungry for longer stretches than just overnight.

I question its effectiveness as a disciplinary measure, but child abuse??? That seems a bit crazy to me unless you make your kid go hungry for longer stretches than just overnight.

I thought there was an obesity epidemic, so skipping a few meals every now and then should be good for the kids, right?

Just kidding, but seriously though, will the intrusions into the personal lives of the citizens never cease? What's next, shock collars for parents who raise their voices?

I just heard on the radio that some dingbat city councilor in Cambridge is planning on introducing a measure banning parents from sending their misbehaving child to bed without dinner because to do so constitutes child abuse. Probably the same nut that introduced the spanking ban a couple years ago. I couldn't find any links but I'll keep looking. Please post any if you find them.

Then she can start on not letting their kids eat junk food and fast food, and buying them video games, and letting them on the computer, and letting them watch tv, and taking away their cell phones, and their ipods,,,,,would that be child abuse?

America's Youth would revolt ala "Lord of the Flies!"

Forum List

Back