To be Catholic is to endure

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
In the United States, Catholics have to endure jokes about our priests being pedophiles, we have to endure Baptists calling us idolators and saying we don't read the Bible, and we have to endure atheists who hate our Church above all others.

But in China, Catholics have to endure the fact that the Pope betrayed them with a dirty deal that the Communist government can now appoint Catholic bishops.

China and Vatican Reach Deal on Appointment of Bishops

What he did is betray the "underground" Catholics who were holding true to the faith, in favor of the "official" Catholic Church that the Communist government runs.

Such a betrayal will never be forgotten.

In 500 years, this Pope will be taught about to Catholic students in the chapter called "The Bad Popes" -- a chapter that already includes the Borgia Popes.

In the United States, Catholics have to endure jokes about our priests being pedophiles, we have to endure Baptists calling us idolators and saying we don't read the Bible, and we have to endure atheists who hate our Church above all others.

But in China, Catholics have to endure the fact that the Pope betrayed them with a dirty deal that the Communist government can now appoint Catholic bishops.

Catholics do have to endure a wide range of disgusting and outrageous faults that people point out about their religion. I guess that's why so many of them just get tired of trying to defend the indefensible and become atheist.

Becoming an atheist is not really an option for me. I can't explain to myself how a universe pops into existence by itself, nor can I explain how all the physical laws combine randomly to create living organisms as complicated as our own.

If you threw a deck of cards on a table, it will create a chaotic mess of cards.

Atheists would have us believe that if you threw a deck of cards on the table, you could make a house of cards.

Catholics do have to endure a wide range of disgusting and outrageous faults that people point out about their religion. I guess that's why so many of them just get tired of trying to defend the indefensible and become atheist.
You do have some serious blind spots don'tcha........

This should help. :thup:

A Guide to Debiasing: How to Mitigate Cognitive Biases in Yourself and in Others – Effectiviology

Becoming an atheist is not really an option for me. I can't explain to myself how a universe pops into existence by itself, nor can I explain how all the physical laws combine randomly to create living organisms as complicated as our own.

Your call. You are certainly free to continue trying to justify your deceitful immoral religion. I don't know how the universe began either, but I do know that the Catholic religion is just a bunch of lies spread by fallible men in funny hats who care more about their rituals, and wealth than they do about morality.

A Guide to Debiasing: How to Mitigate Cognitive Biases in Yourself and in Others – Effectiviology

You got me. I am biased against a religion that would rather cover up child molestation and protect those pedophiles than to actually do something to stop it. I'm funny that way.

You got me. I am biased against a religion that would rather cover up child molestation and protect those pedophiles than to actually do something to stop it. I'm funny that way.
Ahhhhhh yes, the ole broad brush technique......... You're good at it. :thup:

There are pedophiles literally everywhere, they are in all the churches, not just the Catholic Church, they are in synagogues too, they are in schools, they are coaching sports teams, they are Boy Scout leaders, and they are in our homes.

I'm not justifying what the bishops did, just saying this is a universal problem, not a Catholic problem.

I went to a Catholic school for a lot of years. A Catholic priest paid my tuition every year if I mowed his fields and worked around his property during the summer. Cleaning out the barns and things like that. Or planting trees. He has a rather large property.

He didn't try to molester me or anything like that. He always picked me up, fed me lunch, and dropped me off when I was done mowing. And, of course, paid my tuition.

Best education I ever had, aside from the college years.

There are pedophiles literally everywhere, they are in all the churches, not just the Catholic Church, they are in synagogues too, they are in schools, they are coaching sports teams, they are Boy Scout leaders, and they are in our homes.

I'm not justifying what the bishops did, just saying this is a universal problem, not a Catholic problem.

Yes. Pedophiles everywhere. Religions that support and protect pedophiles, not so common.

The Catholic Church has done more good, for more people, than any other institution on Earth, and it's been doing that good for 2000 years.

And it will survive this, as it survived Nero, Robespierre, Hitler and Stalin, it will survive this too.

This is an organized effort. We are talking thousands of incidents. Some people with hundreds of incidents, personally..
They make it look like they all do it so they all help.
Or the non perverted ones think its ok.
Either way.
There are perverts every where. Teachers are problem too. But that is not an organized effort..

The Catholic Church has done more good, for more people, than any other institution on Earth, and it's been doing that good for 2000 years.

And it will survive this, as it survived Nero, Robespierre, Hitler and Stalin, it will survive this too.
How many millions have they killed?

Yes. They survived Hitler, but they were buddies.

How many millions have they killed?
You tell me, genius.
Yes, act butt hurt to a reasonable question instead of talking it out.
How typical of you.
Dont think i didnt notice you ignored my first post either.
Why do you even post here? Just to troll? Does some faggot pedophile priest pay you to?

What he did is betray the "underground" Catholics who were holding true to the faith, in favor of the "official" Catholic Church that the Communist government runs.

Such a betrayal will never be forgotten.

In 500 years, this Pope will be taught about to Catholic students in the chapter called "The Bad Popes" -- a chapter that already includes the Borgia Popes.

- which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the State Church of the Roman Empire.

What he did is betray the "underground" Catholics ... which made Nicene Christianity the State Church of the Roman Empire

a taste of your own medicine, betrayal of the 1st century events by the 4th century christians that declared themselves the - State Church of the Roman Empire.

Forum List

Back