to all

I was just thinking that Old Rocks would be jumping on this... That's how predictable you are..

Little premature to be panicking don'tcha think? I grew up in Florida and went thru many storms. That weak tropical storm is gonna start falling apart north of the Carolinas. Just like the last time the remnants of a hurricane threatened the NorthEast..

But carry on.. Do your duty and I add my hopes that everyone stays safe and prepared..

How many posts before OldieRocks blames this on CO2??? Place your bets...

This storm looks like a once in a lifetime event. At least let us hope that is the case.

I'm SURE you're hoping for some action... Some massive destruction and insurance claims to tally up against the "deniers".. Or was that just ackward phrasing??

Last edited:
If you live in the path of this storm, Hurricane Sandy, keep yourself and family safe. No matter how many times I have crossed swords with you, keep yourself and your family safe. This storm looks like a once in a lifetime event. At least let us hope that is the case.

Wish I was back East. I love the thrill of being in storms.

yet

I know how dangerous they can be.

stay safe everyone, use common sense. have a call list or friend who you will contact after storm passes so everyone knows you are all okay

:cool:

If you live in the path of this storm, Hurricane Sandy, keep yourself and family safe. No matter how many times I have crossed swords with you, keep yourself and your family safe. This storm looks like a once in a lifetime event. At least let us hope that is the case.

yet

stay safe everyone, use common sense. have a call list or friend who you will contact after storm passes so everyone knows you are all okay.

Yeah, and now we have earthquakes too! :D

yet

stay safe everyone, use common sense. have a call list or friend who you will contact after storm passes so everyone knows you are all okay.

Yeah, and now we have earthquakes too! :D

I liked them here. a bit unnerving, but cool. just hope no one gets hurt in a quake

OK -- I admit -- the climate "thingy" about higher temperatures affects hurricanes and their severity.

Here's why the NE doesn't get hurricanes..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture5006-3-16-gulf-stream4-photoblog600.jpg

The jet stream MIGHT steer that storm as a tropical depression into the NE, but LEAVING the GULF STREAM will sap the energy out of that storm UNLESS it's booking at a hefty rate from the Carolinas to Boston..

When Sandy makes landfall somewhere between southern New Jersey and upper New York, the winds will be at 80 mph.

The upper Appalachian mountains, Allegheneys and Adirondacks will see dangerous runoff flooding in the valleys. I sandbagged along the Ohio River during Hurricane Agnes. That was horrific, watching the water rising faster than a small army could shovel sand, and the water was moving faster and faster as it rose. Sandy is expected to drop much more rain - and snow.

The 80 mph winds are bad enough, but parts of the northeast are expected to get several inches of heavy wet snow, the type that rips down mile after mile of power lines.

There's no doubt that a number of entire communities will be flooded, and there will be millions of people without power in near-freezing temperatures.

Should make the election interesting as major power outages take weeks to fully repair.

You think Obama is going to come to our rescue?

Hey Ray, so if I fly out to Oregon with my family this AM, would you keep us up for a few days????

Actually, Ray, I think it'd be awesoem to sit around a fire and talk politics with you and all the days we now have behind us!!!:ack-1: It'd be fun.........and if we started to get angry at each other, we could switch the topic to cars.

I just got back from early AM shopping madness at the local store. Lots of water, peanut butter and jelly and bread, batteries by the bagful etc......etc.........almost $200 for this shit. On LOng Island, where I am, we figure to have a high chance of being ground zero for storm landing and all of our wires are above ground. My only worry is power outages that could go beyond a week.................last task is to go fill the propane tank up.

Thanks for the concern Ray...........

I worry about the folks upstate where flooding becomes a real threat........and there is some talk about the surge being pushed west into the Long Island Sound and towards the city. There is some talk of the Holland Tunnel in downtown ( not for from the WTC area) going underwater.

Last edited:
Here's a wish for you and yours to stay safe for this storm.

If anyone does have stories or pictures I think everyone would be interested in what Sandy is up to. Also might give those not yet hit an idea what they are in for.

This might not be the first place one would think to go for help but if all other lines were busy, so to speak, it seems this board is monitored 24/7 so if you need anything just shout out. Please let us know your party affiliation when you do so though. Completely kidding about that and I do think it shows when in need, we are all on the same side.

If anyone does have stories or pictures I think everyone would be interested in what Sandy is up to. Also might give those not yet hit an idea what they are in for.

This might not be the first place one would think to go for help but if all other lines were busy, so to speak, it seems this board is monitored 24/7 so if you need anything just shout out. Please let us know your party affiliation when you do so though. Completely kidding about that and I do think it shows when in need, we are all on the same side.

Indeed we are!!!! But green energy is still highly gay.:D:D ( although I might need a good windmill by Tuesday AM)

Indeed we are!!!! But green energy is still highly gay.:D:D ( although I might need a good windmill by Tuesday AM)

You said you got water, bread, batteries? Wife did the shopping last night and everything was cleaned out, and she went to four different stores. She glares at me whenever I joke about my redneck upbringin' but it will get one through just about anything. Green energy, yeah, it's called firewood. Burns better if you let it dry out a bit though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back