To all you Prius, other Hybrid and solar panel owners:

Each and every hybrid is an ecological disaster.

Each and every post by bentwire is a logical disaster:razz:

And just how is that the case, old boy?

I like that you have come up with a parody of my screen name so soon. Such juvenile namecalling is a subconscious telegraph on your part that you don't believe you can win the debate with me so you will settle for the infantile satisfaction of name calling instead.

The factories that manufacture the batteries for those cars are some of the most toxic places on earth and disposal of such a volume of batteries after their 6 year life span is another nightmare in the making. If you are interested in saving the earth, drive a hummer. Over the life span of the vehicle, the hummer makes less of an environmental footprint.

Study: a hybrid consumes more energy in lifetime than a Hummer

Last edited:
Do you really, I mean really think you're making a difference for the environment? Even though China and India (over two Billion people) have been going through our natural resources like water in the last ten years and pissing it away with extremely little regard on the their impact?
I get to die with a clear conscience.

Using a product created in factories that are among the most toxic places on earth and using up batteries that will be a nightmare to dispose of clears your conscience? Interesting. All in the name of reducing a trace, beneficial gas in the atmosphere. A gas which we do not produce enough of to even overcome the natural variation from year to year?

Last edited:
Hmmm..... Care to point out any place where I have taken the drivers of SUVs to task? However, I surely would like to see the electric vehicles become economically feasable. The idea of being able to produce ones own power for not only their home, but also their vehicle is a very attractive goal. Of course, since this is only a help to us lumpen proles, and does not put any money into the pockets of the big corperations, I expect Si to see that as a threat.:lol:

Golf tdi, as you previously posted. Diesel engines are readily available.
Gasoline engines can be converted to CNG.

Could we maybe wean to the lean before embarking on larking?

No problem with that at all. In fact, the original ICE's were very high priced and only the wealthy could afford them. They showed their worth in WW1, and the rest is history.

I had a 1980 Rabbit Diesel, and drove it all over the US before my two kids just outgrew the back seat. Loved it, and will make my next car a VW diesel if there is no breakthrough in battery technology in the next 2 to 3 years.

The present battery technology is simply inadaquete to create any kind of practical electric vehicles beyond bicycles. The technological breakthrough needed could be battery, Zinc air, Lithium air for high end, or a number of other experimental technologies, it may be a capacitor. It could even be a practical way of storing hydrogen at high density. Any of these, to be useful, must result in an EV that is practical, and has a range of at least 350 miles. And is easily and quickly rechargable.

Of course, whomever comes up with such a battery, capacitor, or hydrogen storage system will be very rich, and their nation will be exporting them worldwide.

Using a product created in factories that are among the most toxic places on earth and using up batteries that will be a nightmare to dispose of clears your conscience? Interesting. All in the name of reducing a trace, beneficial gas in the atmosphere. A gas which we do not produce enough of to even overcome the natural variation from year to year?

Ye gods and little fishes! You are just going to throw away tens of pounds of lithium? If you are, I will haul it away for you at a very cheap price!

Really? The factories are that toxic? Or are the materials they deal with that toxic? Ever work around a pulp mill? Do you know how many compounds there are there that will kill you?

You are right on track to match ol' gay Kookybill with spurious statements.

Forum List

Back