To all you Prius, other Hybrid and solar panel owners:

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
Do you really, I mean really think you're making a difference for the environment? Even though China and India (over two Billion people) have been going through our natural resources like water in the last ten years and pissing it away with extremely little regard on the their impact?

Last edited:
The silence is deafening.....

Because it's a stupid post. The few people I know who have hybrids is to save themselves money at the pump, not some grandiose shout out for the environment.

Do they really save money though... ?

Im being truthful when I say this Maggie, every one of the folks I knew who owned one...(and I know several folks who did) sold em because they didnt "truly" save any money after all was said and done.
They were pieces of junk that were more trouble than they were worth.

The silence is deafening.....

Because it's a stupid post. The few people I know who have hybrids is to save themselves money at the pump, not some grandiose shout out for the environment.

Im being truthful when I say this Maggie, every one of the folks I knew who owned one...(and I know several folks who did) sold em because they didnt "truly" save any money after all was said and done.

I heard that too...and the battery replacement is several thousand dollars.

Is it still? I thought they had come down with competition and all...

Last edited:
A friend just purchased a Ford Fiesta because at 40MPG (6 speed auto double clutch!!??) it would take over 15 years, (he's a number cruncher), to justify the purchase price of a $32,000 Leaf or a $41K Volt, longer if you had to replace the batteries in that 15 years I'm sure.

be interested to see if he really gets 40.

We looked at buying one in 2009 and the price we found at Toyota's website was $2,588 plus labor and tax. I still have it Bookmarked.

Toyota Announces Price Reduction On Prius Hybrid Batteries

September 24, 2008 - Portland, OR - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced here today at its Sustainable Mobility Seminar that pricing for first- and second-generation NiMH Prius hybrid vehicle (HV) replacement batteries have been reduced by more than 10 percent. The price of the 2000-2003 first-generation Prius battery has been reduced to $2,299, while the 2004-2008 second-generation Prius battery is reduced to $2,588. Prior to this most recent price reduction, both batteries were priced at $2985.

I searched to see if there were any new press releases referencing HV batteries...nothing turned up.

Do you really, I mean really think you're making a difference for the environment? Even though China and India (over two Billion people) have been going through our natural resources like water in the last ten years and pissing it away with extremely little regard on the their impact?

Well, dumb fuck, when gas hits $4 to $6 a gallon this summer, it will surely make a differance for them at the gas pump.

We looked at buying one in 2009 and the price we found at Toyota's website was $2,588 plus labor and tax. I still have it Bookmarked.

September 24, 2008 - Portland, OR - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced here today at its Sustainable Mobility Seminar that pricing for first- and second-generation NiMH Prius hybrid vehicle (HV) replacement batteries have been reduced by more than 10 percent. The price of the 2000-2003 first-generation Prius battery has been reduced to $2,299, while the 2004-2008 second-generation Prius battery is reduced to $2,588. Prior to this most recent price reduction, both batteries were priced at $2985.

I searched to see if there were any new press releases referencing HV batteries...nothing turned up.

Yep... I have a ton of inside info from Toyota techs and the things are junk.

I own several Toyotas... I am all about saving money and saving planet earth, but there comes a time when ya have to use common sense, and that is a scarce resource
lately.

Well, dumb fuck, when gas hits $4 to $6 a gallon this summer, it will surely make a differance for them at the gas pump.

Lets all just ride bikes or walk

who's the dumb fuck now.... :eusa_whistle:

The guys with the big cube cars that are walking to work. The people with the fuel sippers can still afford to drive. Kind of obvious, isn't it?

Yep... I have a ton of inside info from Toyota techs and the things are junk.

I own several Toyotas... I am all about saving money and saving planet earth, but there comes a time when ya have to use common sense, and that is a scarce resource
lately.

Really?

Consumers Guide Auto Report Reliability - Page 2 - PriusChat Forums

Here's Consumer Reports' reliability chart for the Prius:

Car Model Review - Consumer Reports

In case you have to be a CR Online subscriber to open the above link ... Here's the chart in a Microsoft Word file:
Attached Files 2010 Prius Reliability Report.doc (181.5 KB, 115 views)

Let me introduce you to my "hybrid" :razz:

AND YES IT SUX FUEL AND FARTS CO2!

gettingit.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back