To All You Priggish Americans

I am American and born so, yet have only lived in the US for about 20% of my life.

Despite the recent spate of accusations of sexual assault, ranging from a former 92- year-old wheelchair-bound president using a tired joke to pat a woman on her ass to the latest on a senator grabbing the tits of sleeping woman,

I THINK YOU ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING PRIGS!!!!

You know, in a round about way, I kinda agree with you. When I was schlepping around the Med with the Navy, I remember one small scandal that involved a city official getting caught having an affair with his secretary (they ended up stuck together and had to be taken to the hospital), but everyone in the town didn't really think too much about it. I asked a local why there was no outrage because if this happened in the States, he would have lost his position.

The reply was that all powerful men in France have mistresses, and it's not considered uncommon.

And yeah, the USA IS a bunch of prudes. I mean sheesh, in the Med, ALL beaches are topless. Try that here in the US, and you'd get a ticket for indecency.

Also remember when we pulled into Greece one summer, and the women from the helo detachment were on liberty and topless. When their LT saw them, he sent them back to the ship and restricted them. However, the Captain got involved and said that the women were simply blending in and it was better for them to blend in than stand out and took them off of restriction.
Affairs are a little different than an individual having a history of sexual assault.

The idea here is that the sexual assault culture needs to change for women to be equals. It should not be business as usual for them to just accept it when it happens, or to have to face it from superiors as they pursue careers.

I said I was stunning!
The_Great_Gonzo_muppets_master_replicas_gonzo_.jpg

Forum List

Back