To all who Challenge Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit

Cus you made a statement that there *WAS* dickhead if you make a statement as fact put up the proof or shut up

I responded to someone who said there are no reasons to believe, there are plenty. If your education is so limited that you do not know about Paschal, Descartes, or even Godel why should I educate you?
of course i know about *pascals wager

see below ..
he doesnt PROVE existance of god just argues that its best to believe in case he does y

Pascal's wager: Definition from Answers.com

Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argument from Pascal's Wager by Peter Kreeft

read and learn

Ever hear of Spinoza's God?

All things are evidence of God's existence. But if you want to know God, you have to seek Him on a personal level. You can learn more about God with five minutes of personal experience with Providence than by reading all the books in the world.

It's a shame so many dont even bother trying to know God. I'm sure that makes Him sad.

IF YOU ARE saying its better to believe on his existance on the gamble that he *might * thats a matter of convenience much like politicans playing * lip service * to those listening.( TELL HIM WHAT HE WANTS TO HEAR )

But thats not enougt dont you think if he does exist he will know you are playing be pascals rules so your not much more of a believers than a agnostic is
just in it for the hope of WINNING

You're right...if someone is just saying they believe in God, talking like they believe in God, it does them no good. God knows your heart...and if your not a true believer. So it does no good to pretend...

.......... ABikerSailor.....Caroljo....Yoda....Warrior102..... Quantum Windbag........

.............PLYMCO_PILGRIM.......Momanohedhunter...........

I pray? Jeremiah 5:3 O Lord, are not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, But they have not grieved; You have consumed them, But they have refused to receive correction. They have made their faces harder than rock; They have refused to return.

He said to me! Luke 10:16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me."
Jeremiah 2:29-31 "Why will you plead with Me? You all have transgressed against Me," says the Lord.
"In vain I have chastened your children; They received no correction. Your sword has devoured your prophets Like a destroying lion.
"O generation, see the word of the Lord! Have I been a wilderness to Israel, Or a land of darkness? Why do My people say, 'We are lords; We will come no more to You'?

I LORD, Remember Everthing :(

Isaiah 49:15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.

Psalms 132:1-2 I LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;

Psalms 74:2 I Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old, The tribe of Your inheritance, which You have redeemed-- This Mount Zion where You have dwelt.

Psalms 137:7 I Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

Deut 8:2 And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

Deut 9:27 I Remember Your servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; do not look on the stubbornness of this people, or on their wickedness or their sin,

Heb 13:3 I Remember the prisoners as if chained with them--those who are mistreated--since you yourselves are in the body also.

Ezek 16:59-63 For thus says the Lord God: "I will deal with you as you have done, who despised the oath by breaking the covenant.
"Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.
Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you.
And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the Lord,
that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done," says the Lord God.'

1 John 2:12-18 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake. I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father.
I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

your not even reading my post before.

I asked you why you posted the bible passage to me that you did and you just posted more at me. I thought good religious people helped others understand the word of god, your not helping at all.

I asked you why you posted the bible passage to me that you did and you just posted more at me. I thought good religious people helped others understand the word of god, your not helping at all.

I dont think that's his intention.

I dont think that's his intention.

i just dont get it. This poster just responds with another huge group of bible passages while im still scratching my head at the first one. I've read his first response 3 times now and, well, it just makes no sense in light of what I said. I hope this guy comes back and explains it like a good bible person would.

I responded to someone who said there are no reasons to believe, there are plenty. If your education is so limited that you do not know about Paschal, Descartes, or even Godel why should I educate you?

see below ..
he doesnt PROVE existance of god just argues that its best to believe in case he does y

read and learn

WINDBAG

you should learn to write clearly what you mean to say you answered a post that stated
*There is NO logical reason to believe any god or gods exsist.*

by posting this

]Not true. There are many reasons, both logical and illogical. There are even mathematical proofs that exist as reasons to believe that He exists. What there is is a lack of objective, scientific, evidence that He eixsts. If you want to debate about the existence of God you should at least stick to statements that are true, it destroys your credibility when you make a bald faced lie.

now you are saying you didnt intend it to mean proof of his existance when the word PROOFS WAS PART OF YOUR POST .
lets get it clear do you mean you believe he does exist ?
or do you mean he MAY exist as pascal surmised
make up your mind

Last edited:
Why not follow some of the more decent things Jesus said and quit insulting people for not joining you in yout myth belief.
Where did the OP insult you?
It was merely a list of Bible passages.
If you do not believe, why did you continue reading?
Why did you feel the need to reply?
:eusa_whistle:

Not talking about free will. We were created in his (their) image. Yet we are imperfect. If God created an imperfect being, that means he created something imperfect, that means he is imperfect. This is all depending if you believe that God is all knowing of course, which means that he knew that we were to be imperfect. If he knew that and did it anyway, then he's most definitely imperfect. Free will could only be practiced after creation.

We were created perfect. In their image (to use your words, though I'm certain that you don't know who "our image" pertains to)
Sin corrupted us, just as yeast corrupts unleavened bread.
Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels also had free will. Did that happen before or after creation???
Your entire post is based on false premises, but DO carry on.

Not talking about free will. We were created in his (their) image. Yet we are imperfect. If God created an imperfect being, that means he created something imperfect, that means he is imperfect. This is all depending if you believe that God is all knowing of course, which means that he knew that we were to be imperfect. If he knew that and did it anyway, then he's most definitely imperfect. Free will could only be practiced after creation.

We were created perfect. In their image (to use your words, though I'm certain that you don't know who "our image" pertains to)
Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels also had free will. Did that happen before or after creation???

Sin done by men who were created with the ability to sin, just like the poster is saying, thus an imperfect creation.

On another note as an atheist all I can do is scratch my head when I see christians trying to use the Bible to make us become christian. If we took that book seriously...........wouldn't we have already converted when we were kids growing up, for the most part being force fed this stuff?

I thought God wanted us to question and challenge all things, including God?
That's a Thomas Jefferson quote: Question with boldness even the very existence of God.....

I thought the bible told us to question things too, i could be wrong im not an expert.

And still, if it wasn't in the bible and was just something jefferson said, how does the bible passage relate to my post?

That's a Thomas Jefferson quote: Question with boldness even the very existence of God.....

I thought the bible told us to question things too, i could be wrong im not an expert.

And still, if it wasn't in the bible and was just something jefferson said, how does the bible passage relate to my post?
Not so sure his passages do relate to your reply.
Satan knows scripture too, and will use it out of context to tempt even Jesus.
Luke 4:12 has Jesus saying to Satan, after he challenged Him to jump from a cliff so angels would rescue Him, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God"
:cool:

Sin done by men who were created with the ability to sin, just like the poster is saying, thus an imperfect creation.

On another note as an atheist all I can do is scratch my head when I see christians trying to use the Bible to make us become christian. If we took that book seriously...........wouldn't we have already converted when we were kids growing up, for the most part being force fed this stuff?
What kind of God/Creator would want a blind follower with no other choice?

I hope I'm not coming across as trying to force you to become a Christian.
I can merely answer, to the best of my knowledge, how the good book tells me I should.

I'm sorry there are some, like the OP, that feel the need to spam and flame with post after post of unconnected Scripture to "shove the Bible down people's throats".

:cool:

see below ..

read and learn

WINDBAG

you should learn to write clearly what you mean to say you answered a post that stated
*There is NO logical reason to believe any god or gods exsist.*

by posting this

]Not true. There are many reasons, both logical and illogical. There are even mathematical proofs that exist as reasons to believe that He exists. What there is is a lack of objective, scientific, evidence that He eixsts. If you want to debate about the existence of God you should at least stick to statements that are true, it destroys your credibility when you make a bald faced lie.

now you are saying you didnt intend it to mean proof of his existance when the word PROOFS WAS PART OF YOUR POST .
lets get it clear do you mean you believe he does exist ?
or do you mean he MAY exist as pascal surmised
make up your mind

I quoted the post I was replying to, what more do you want.

It's not just a Jefferson quote, it's also referred to in the OT in the story of Abraham. Abraham asked God to prove it was actually Him, and He did so. There are also other stories like Moses, David, Joseph and Jonah. They all questioned Him too, and I mean, for crying out loud, Jacob actually WRESTLED AND COMPETED with God.

No, Father doesn't really mind if you question Him, just be sure to ask Him to fill in the blanks where you are lacking in knowledge and understanding, and be willing to learn the lessons.

Forum List

Back