To ALL if you're going to be part of a gun control discussion

Use this as a guide

attachment.php

Clip-M1.jpg

m4_mk18cqbr.jpg

poster33090609rc9.jpg

sks_load.jpg

Maybe this would be a better guide: The musket in use when the Second Amendment was written.

2423835942_b7e04659a8.jpg

Those muskets during that time were 75 caliber or a 69 caliber lead ball projectile.

This is a 75 caliber lead ball
538045d1332391943-dropped-musket-ball-musket-ball-dropped.jpg

It just didn't penetrate and make a little hole with a good chance of surviving a hit it broke bones. Would you want to be hit with one of those?

no...Personally....I don't want to be shot at all. However....a 1700's musket was ridiculously inaccurate. That's why they shot in volleys. More lead flying at one time increased the odds of hitting an enemy.

A modern day rifle by contrast, is extremely accurate. plus a hell of a lot faster...causing the bullet to mushroom and create a not so small exit wound. Your argument is false....that is...if your argument was that that .75 caliber musket was mire deadly than modern day weapons.

You dumbass - I am a gun nut. It's you idiots that scare me about losing many of our most cherished gun rights because of your rigid Second Amendment beliefs.

Post a pic of your gun(s) with a hand written date indentifer.

That's part of what I'm trying to prevent from ever happening. It falls under logic and common sense.

Right gun nuts don't post pics of their guns.

I knew you were full of shit.

A modern day rifle by contrast, is extremely accurate. plus a hell of a lot faster...causing the bullet to mushroom and create a not so small exit wound.

I am fragmentation over mushroom guy myself.

why? I'm a plinker and a hunter...I don't need fragmentation.....well, other than my shotgun which is not exactly fragmentation.

Frags are no good for hunting, they ruin too much meat.

They're great for self-defense, though...

You dumbass - I am a gun nut. It's you idiots that scare me about losing many of our most cherished gun rights because of your rigid Second Amendment beliefs.

How the hell in your mind does vociferously DEFENDING those rights equate to LOSING them?

Oh wait...nevermind... you don't mind as long as you lose them SLOWLY...

I get it now... Carry on

It saddens me that you absolutely just don't get it. Rabid pro-gun zealots like you are as much an enemy to our future gun rights as the rabid anti-gun zealots. Not giving an inch won't work in the long run.

When you give the government an inch, it takes a mile. So no, no inch will be given. We gave enough inches while they developed cannons, tanks, machine guns, bombers, fighter jets, cruise missiles, and ICBM's while they told the rest of us we had to stop at rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

How the hell in your mind does vociferously DEFENDING those rights equate to LOSING them?

Oh wait...nevermind... you don't mind as long as you lose them SLOWLY...

I get it now... Carry on

It saddens me that you absolutely just don't get it. Rabid pro-gun zealots like you are as much an enemy to our future gun rights as the rabid anti-gun zealots. Not giving an inch won't work in the long run.

When you give the government an inch, it takes a mile. So no, no inch will be given. We gave enough inches while they developed cannons, tanks, machine guns, bombers, fighter jets, cruise missiles, and ICBM's while they told the rest of us we had to stop at rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

Sooo, you feel citizens should have access to the same weaponry as law enforcement and the military? Good luck keeping up...

Sooo, you feel citizens should have access to the same weaponry as law enforcement and the military? Good luck keeping up...

Not exactly, but when you factor in that the reason the 2nd amendment was created was to protect the people from the very government tyranny that had just been fought against, the current disparity is a bit worrisome.

Not exactly, but when you factor in that the reason the 2nd amendment was created was to protect the people from the very government tyranny that had just been fought against, the current disparity is a bit worrisome.

I don't see that in my copy of the second amendment:

Second Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see that in my copy of the second amendment:

Second Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's well documented amongst the various different framers who discussed the issue.

From Hamilton: "If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude[,] that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens."

From George Mason, referring to English rule: "to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them . . . by totally disusing and neglecting the militia."

From Patrick Henry: "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

This board allows a 175x175 p space to do whatever I find amusing or provocative, believe me, I could do much worse but I would not want to cause widespread epileptic fits.

As to the topic, I find discussions of esoteric semantics to be humorous.

And I find idiots like you to be just that idots

I know the difference between clips and magazines but can you make an animated GIF from scratch? Who's the idiot now?
I can:

tinfoiljn0.gif

Forum List

Back