TN law to block "gateway genital touching"....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Just saw this on the news....................

Tennessee teachers can no longer condone so-called "gateway sexual activity" such as touching genitals under a new law that critics say is too vague and could hamper discussion about safe sexual behavior.

Gov. Bill Haslam's office Friday confirmed to Reuters that Haslam had signed the bill, which stirred up controversy nationwide and even was lampooned by comedian Stephen Colbert.

"Kissing and hugging are the last stop before reaching Groin Central Station, so it's important to ban all the things that lead to the things that lead to sex," he said on the "Colbert Report" television show.

But proponents say the new law helps define the existing abstinence-only sex-education policy.

Under the law, Tennessee teachers could be disciplined and speakers from outside groups like Planned Parenthood could face fines of up to $500 for promoting or condoning "gateway sexual activities."

Gov. Bill Haslam signed the "gateway sexual activity" bill.

Parents could sue outside sexual education instructors, according to the Tennessean newspaper, while school district employees would be exempt from prosecution.

David Fowler, president of the Family Action Council of Tennessee, which pushed the bill, told Reuters the law does not ban kissing or holding hands from discussion in sex education classes. But he said it addresses the touching of certain "gateway body parts," including genitals, buttocks, breasts and the inner thigh.

U.S. News - New Tennessee law aims to curb teaching 'gateway sexual activity'

Wow......................I guess some people will go to pretty far lengths to legislate morality.

Matter of fact, under this law, wouldn't a child who is being sexually molested at home be forbidden from talking to a teacher about it?

But still...............under this law, teachers are not allowed to talk about genital touching, so wouldn't that make it just that much harder for a child to tell a teacher that they're being molested at home?

Biker/sailors might enjoy genital touching from either sex but we don't want grade school kids taught that pedophiles are nice people.

No, but under this law, if a child IS fondled by a pedophile, they won't be able to tell their teachers, and what if it's a parent doing the molestation?

Under the law, Tennessee teachers could be disciplined and speakers from outside groups like Planned Parenthood could face fines of up to $500 for promoting or condoning "gateway sexual activities."

This is what it’s really all about: the fear of facts and the truth and the desire to keep children ignorant and vulnerable.

This is what it’s really all about: the fear of facts and the truth and the desire to keep children ignorant and vulnerable.

Sex ed programs have the demonstrated effect of increasing sexuality, you cretin.

Sex ed programs have the demonstrated effect of increasing sexuality, you cretin.

link?

So much for smaller government...Again.....seriously anyone who thinks the right is for smaller government needs to have their brain aborted.

It's a state law. States can do that. And it's fine with me.

Matter of fact, under this law, wouldn't a child who is being sexually molested at home be forbidden from talking to a teacher about it?

No, I don't think so. According to the story the law restricts the ability of teachers but not students to promote or condone certain sexual activities. Unless the teacher's response would have been to promote or condone the molestation I don't think the teacher would actually be legally restricted in this case.

That being said, certain laws, either intentionally or unintentionally, do make it more difficult to do things that they do not ban outright. I could certainly see a teacher feeling constrained by this law, as the TEA spokesperson quoted in the story suggested.

No, I don't think so. According to the story the law restricts the ability of teachers but not students to promote or condone certain sexual activities. Unless the teacher's response would have been to promote or condone the molestation I don't think the teacher would actually be legally restricted in this case.

That being said, certain laws, either intentionally or unintentionally, do make it more difficult to do things that they do not ban outright. I could certainly see a teacher feeling constrained by this law, as the TEA spokesperson quoted in the story suggested.

Isn't compelling taxpayers to finance government brainwashing centers a forms of molestation - i mean my wallet is real close to my ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't compelling students to attend government incubators a form of molestation?

Just wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw this on the news....................

Tennessee teachers can no longer condone so-called "gateway sexual activity" such as touching genitals under a new law that critics say is too vague and could hamper discussion about safe sexual behavior.

Gov. Bill Haslam's office Friday confirmed to Reuters that Haslam had signed the bill, which stirred up controversy nationwide and even was lampooned by comedian Stephen Colbert.

"Kissing and hugging are the last stop before reaching Groin Central Station, so it's important to ban all the things that lead to the things that lead to sex," he said on the "Colbert Report" television show.

But proponents say the new law helps define the existing abstinence-only sex-education policy.

Gov. Bill Haslam signed the "gateway sexual activity" bill.

Parents could sue outside sexual education instructors, according to the Tennessean newspaper, while school district employees would be exempt from prosecution.

David Fowler, president of the Family Action Council of Tennessee, which pushed the bill, told Reuters the law does not ban kissing or holding hands from discussion in sex education classes. But he said it addresses the touching of certain "gateway body parts," including genitals, buttocks, breasts and the inner thigh.

U.S. News - New Tennessee law aims to curb teaching 'gateway sexual activity'

Wow......................I guess some people will go to pretty far lengths to legislate morality.

It's nice to see the pendulum swing back to puritanism.

NOT

"Kissing and hugging are the last stop before reaching Groin Central Station, so it's important to ban all the things that lead to the things that lead to sex"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Oh, wait... you're not kidding!!

This is asinine and pointless. Ban all things that lead to sex because sex id bad right... I guess we will not have to worry about the future debt then because there will be no one left to inherit it.

link?

So much for smaller government...Again.....seriously anyone who thinks the right is for smaller government needs to have their brain aborted.

It's a state law. States can do that. And it's fine with me.
That's because you are big government and like government intervening for your morality. No surprise there.

Forum List

Back