TL/DR Reping?

Just do it?

*shrug*

Software setup will only allow you to rep someone so often...have to "spread around" before you can hit them again. And you only have so much rep to hand out in a rolling 24 hour period.

You can't encourage users to get in a "rep war" with another user.

Oh, and rep comments can be posted to the board, but any replies stemming from that rep are considered PM's, and cannot be posted to the board.

Pretty much it.

Just do it?

*shrug*

Software setup will only allow you to rep someone so often...have to "spread around" before you can hit them again. And you only have so much rep to hand out in a rolling 24 hour period.

Oh, and rep comments can be posted to the board, but any replies stemming from that rep are considered PM's, and cannot be posted to the board.

Pretty much it.

BUT I go to your profile page, and see no clicky for rep............or else you would be #1.........or not............still don't get it........some peeps have medals of honor and little green dots...................don't make me read........plz....:eusa_pray:

Just do it?

*shrug*

Pretty much it.

BUT I go to your profile page, and see no clicky for rep............or else you would be #1.........or not............still don't get it........some peeps have medals of honor and little green dots...................don't make me read........plz....:eusa_pray:

It's not on profile pages. It's on every post. The thumbs up/down icon. Click on it.

Just do it?

*shrug*

Pretty much it.

It's not on profile pages. It's on every post. The thumbs up/down icon. Click on it.

ok......thats the suck.........no way to tell neg reps how much & in what way they .......ya know..........

ok......thats the suck.........no way to tell neg reps how much & in what way they .......ya know..........

Yeah, there is. When you click on the thumbs up/down icon, a little pop-up appears. You choose "approve" or "disapprove", and there's a comment box for any sort of comment you want to make.

shazzaM................it's so clear now..........sorry bout the rep :lol:

Just do it?

*shrug*

Pretty much it.

So how does anyone know that's going on? PMs can't be posted, so unless the mods are snooping around PMs, I think rep manipulation goes on a lot.

Just do it?

*shrug*

Pretty much it.

So how does anyone know that's going on? PMs can't be posted, so unless the mods are snooping around PMs, I think rep manipulation goes on a lot.

I seriously doubt it.

You can post the fact that you got negged. And if you have enough friends....they...um...just know what to do.

Admins/Super Mods can see all reps and can read all rep comments. They cannot read PMs.

I know that. My question was how does someone "encourage a rep war" except by PM (or email).
You suggested the mods could read PMs. They cannot. Not even persons with db access can, they're encrypted in the db.

Admins/Super Mods can see all reps and can read all rep comments. They cannot read PMs.

I know that. My question was how does someone "encourage a rep war" except by PM (or email).

You can't encourage a rep war on the public board. Whatever happens in PM's is fair game. As long as it is not abuse.

You can't encourage a rep war on the public board. Whatever happens in PM's is fair game. As long as it is not abuse.
And in these cases, the forwarding of offending PMs to admins/mods would allow them to read them. I believe we have the ability to "flag" PMs as well. This puts the offending PM in the moderation queue, where all Mods can read them.

And in these cases, the forwarding of offending PMs to admins/mods would allow them to read them. I believe we have the ability to "flag" PMs as well. This puts the offending PM in the moderation queue, where all Mods can read them.

Yes. If no participant flags the PM, then all is`well.

I should include the caveat for admins/supermods reading PMs. They CAN do it, this way:

Change the password on the account whose PMs they want to read, log into the account with the new password, then read all they want.

Since however, they don't know or have any way to find out the users' original password, they cannot change it back and the user will know something odd happened next time he/she tries to log in. Because their password will no longer work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back