Title 9 should be repealed

JFK_USA

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Yeah thats right. I said it. A democrat against Title 9 for college athletics.

Look I believe that government should make laws that protects citizens. And I believe that Title 9 had some good intentions but now its had unintended consequences. Womens sports rarely draw a crowd and use many of the revenue from football and basketball to run their department.

Now I think equal funding for high school is necessary but by making things equal for womens sports, you limit the opportunity for other males. Their is no way you can justify that 1 womens sport deserves the same funding as football.

Title IX has NOTHING to do with how much each sport is funded with. It simply states that for each male sport offered, a female sport much also be offered. Of course not even at the high school level is girl's softball given the same funding as football.

Poor thread.

Title IX has had an enormous impact on womens sports. It has been reflected in US Olympic success. Mens football and basketball seem to be doing just fine

Title IX has had an enormous impact on womens sports. It has been reflected in US Olympic success. Mens football and basketball seem to be doing just fine

The only time I have a problem with Title IX is when you have a school which has men interested in a sport but they can't field a team because that school doesn't have enough women interested in a corresponding sport. That isn't right. Nobody should have to not be able to compete in a sport because of a situation like that.

The only time I have a problem with Title IX is when you have a school which has men interested in a sport but they can't field a team because that school doesn't have enough women interested in a corresponding sport. That isn't right. Nobody should have to not be able to compete in a sport because of a situation like that.

Overall, the gloom and doom predicted when Title IX was passed never happened

Overall, the gloom and doom predicted when Title IX was passed never happened

No of course not, and repealing it wouldn't accomplish a damn thing, I was merely pointing out that there are times when Title IX is bullshit.

Look I believe that government should make laws that protects citizens. And I believe that Title 9 had some good intentions but now its had unintended consequences. Womens sports rarely draw a crowd and use many of the revenue from football and basketball to run their department.

Now I think equal funding for high school is necessary but by making things equal for womens sports, you limit the opportunity for other males. Their is no way you can justify that 1 womens sport deserves the same funding as football.

You've obviously never been to a Stanford women's volleyball or basketball game....lol

You've obviously never been to a Stanford women's volleyball or basketball game....lol

University of Tenn women's basketball.

None of this would have been possible without Title IX

beach-volleyball-women.JPG

Title IX has NOTHING to do with how much each sport is funded with. It simply states that for each male sport offered, a female sport much also be offered. Of course not even at the high school level is girl's softball given the same funding as football.

Poor thread.

I disagree with this. Just let women play foot ball and basketball with the guys, or soccer, tennis, etc. No one should be locked out of a sport because of gender.:eusa_angel:

None of this would have been possible without Title IX

beach-volleyball-women.JPG

It should have been possible, and a damned shame people discriminate and require laws to be inserted to defend rights. I might add, only one guy in the bleachers is looking at the ball.

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance...

I'm not seeing the problem

Forum List

Back