Titanic And The U.S

I cannot argue too much against immigration. My family are immigrants as most are. People come to this country for a better lifestyle and most achieve that. I have seen and befriended Mexicans who worked hard, paid their taxes, bought a home and are raising decent families....while many Americans are sitting home and watching tv collecting welfare and complaining about America.

The people who know more about this country are immigrants I am sad to say. The people who take advantage of everything this country offers are usually immigrants. Americans are spoiled and have never known anything but comforts. They complain about everything and march down streets protesting and not supporting our troops or much of anything else American. The people of whom I know who support this country best are immigrants. They have become American citizens, know the history of this country and what it takes to keep it great.

I know people become irk'd at this subject...and yes there are those that take advantage of it and I agree many need and should be deported...There are certain countries that are consider select countries and I am sure most can guess what countries they are...

At anyrate it is a touchy topic....but what angers me are those Americans who have no idea how lucky they are to live in this country. They whine and complain and I suggest strongly they leave as someone else will gladly take their spot.

Originally posted by winston churchi
I have seen and befriended Mexicans who worked hard, paid their taxes, bought a home and are raising decent families....while many Americans are sitting home and watching tv collecting welfare and complaining about America.
New York City's welfare rolls are now 5 percent white, 33 percent black and 59 percent Hispanic -- with more Hispanic parents receiving public assistance there than in Miami, Los Angeles or the entire state of Texas.

http://www.ncpa.org/pi/welfare/pdwel/pdwel75b.html

yada,yada,yada...are you to deny the same chance to an immigrant today that OUR forefathers had years ago? are all of those people you quoted in your stats AMERICANS?

Our forefathers were white people, overwhelmingly British to begin with, and followed by the rest of Europe for over the next 300 years. Italians and Irish assimilated because they share genetic similarities with the British, Dutch and French who originally showed up on these shores.

The new batch ain't like the old batch. And that makes a HUGE difference.

you act as though only one group can enter the USA at a time...people of all nationalitys have been coming to our shores for over 200 years for a chance to better their lives and those of their families. you seem to have messed the point...the USA is the land of opp. for ALL that come here legally..

Originally posted by jon_forward
yada,yada,yada...are you to deny the same chance to an immigrant today that OUR forefathers had years ago? are all of those people you quoted in your stats AMERICANS?
Illegal Aliens from MEXICO are the biggest drain on all our groverment programs.

Mexican Use of Means-Tested Programs Remains High Even After Welfare Reform. Figure 12 reports use of means-tested programs for households headed by natives, all immigrants, and Mexican immigrants. Despite welfare reform and a strong economy in the latter half of the 1990s, the figure shows that immigrants in general and Mexican households in particular use every major means-tested program at higher rates than natives. While use of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by Mexican households is only slightly higher than that of natives, their use of TANF/general assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and the subsidized school lunch program is dramatically higher than households headed by natives. All of these programs are very large in size. In 1999, more than $300 billion was spent on the means-tested programs listed in Figure 12. Even the school lunch program, the smallest of the programs listed in the figure, costs more than $5 billion annually.

Not only do immigrants use welfare programs at higher rates than natives, their use of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is also substantially higher than that of natives. With an annual cost of $32 billion, the EITC is the nation’s largest means-tested cash assistance program for workers with low incomes. Persons receiving the EITC pay no federal income tax and instead receive cash assistance from the government based on their earnings and family size.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2001/mexico/means.html

where in my post did it say illegal????as for the use of the EITC...if a person can use it they would be dumb not too. most immigrants dont get the high paying jobs and as long as they are here LEGALLY I see no problem with them using a program be it whatever...take off the blinders...not everyone is out to screw the programs...

. most immigrants dont get the high paying jobs and as long as they are here LEGALLY I see no problem with them using a program be it whatever...take off the blinders...not everyone is out to screw the programs...
No, not everyone is out to screw the "programs", just mexican's are.

Mexican Use of Means-Tested Programs Over Time. As we have seen, income among Mexican immigrants rises the longer they live in the country. This improvement in income over time does result in a modest decline in their use of means-tested programs. Figure 14 reports the percentage of households using at least one major welfare program or the Earned Income Tax Credit for households headed by Mexican households based on how long the household head has lived in the country. The figure shows that Mexican households use means-tested programs at double the rate of natives, even when they have lived in the United States for many years.

If you would read, you would know more.

What else I find interesting is the fact that hispanics who lead the U.S in receiving goverment handouts, also lead the U.S in obesity.

"We found Hispanic men became obese 2.5 times faster than U.S. men of European ancestry," said Dr. Kathleen M. McTigue, a Robert Wood Johnson clinical scholar at the UNC School of Medicine. "We saw no difference in the rate of obesity development between black and non-Hispanic white men until after age 28 when black men in this country became obese 2.2 times more rapidly than white men."

http://www.unc.edu/news/newsserv/archives/jun02/mctigue053102.htm

So there is alot of truth to the "big fat lazy mexican" stereotype.

So, Hispanics
that group of people everyone is more then happy to tell me what "hard workers" they are in fact lead the U.S in such things as:

Smoking
Drunk Driving
Domestic Abuse
Obesity (over eating)
And abuse of all of are goverment handout programs (Welfare)

No wonder why California the state with the most hispanics is doing so well.

Los Angeles most wanted:
http://www.lapdonline.org/get_involved/most_wanted/0alpha_most_wanted/a_wanted_index.htm

Originally posted by Big D
So, Hispanics
that group of people everyone is more then happy to tell me what "hard workers" they are in fact lead the U.S in such things as:

Smoking
Drunk Driving
Domestic Abuse
Obesity (over eating)
And abuse of all of are goverment handout programs (Welfare)

I do not know about the handouts.....as far as the others listed, that is their choice....
smoking...this is a choice that starts as a teen in school, peer pressure being the reason.
Drunk Driving ... open to all who have no sense of responsibility.
obesity - Most Americans in general are overweight. Dont blame any race or fast food chain...again this is a choice...
Domestic abuse...could not answer that. Some cultures accept that as a way of life....

Smoking, Drunk driving, Domestic abuse, Obesity, Welfare abuse and Hispanics all go hand in hand.

Yeah whites don't do any of those things, didn't you know? If 1 Hispanic does it they all do it, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS AAARGGGH!

Its fun watching people in a slow mental burn lol

Originally posted by OCA
Yeah whites don't do any of those things, didn't you know? If 1 Hispanic does it they all do it, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS AAARGGGH!

Its fun watching people in a slow mental burn lol
You are in some serious denile.

I said hispanics lead all other groups in:
Drunk Driving:
Hispanic drivers, as a whole, experience a disproportionately high number of drunk-driving arrests and accidents -- along with alcoholism, drug abuse, "macho" attitudes and illiteracy key factors -- according to a long-overlooked federal study that shows car crashes are the third leading cause of Hispanics' deaths.

The report, released back in 1995 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, says that while Hispanics comprised 9 percent of the driving population, "21 percent of those arrested for impaired-driving nationally were Hispanic." They also are involved in proportionately more crashes than whites or blacks, the study showed.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=17717

Obesity:
Physical inactivity is more prevalent among these population groups: women, blacks and Hispanics (compared with whites), older adults and the less affluent. People with less than a 12th grade education are also more likely to be sedentary
http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2003-03-14/28.asp

Domestic abuse:
"We found higher rates of partner violence in ethnic minority groups," said Craig A. Field, a professor at The University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, and corresponding author for the study. "Black and Hispanic couples reported at least twice the prevalence rate of both male-to-female and female-to-male partner violence."
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/abuse/a/blacer030917.htm

Welfare abuse:
While use of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by Mexican households is only slightly higher than that of natives, their use of TANF/general assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and the subsidized school lunch program is dramatically higher than households headed by natives. All of these programs are very large in size. In 1999, more than $300 billion was spent on the means-tested programs listed in Figure 12. Even the school lunch program, the smallest of the programs listed in the figure, costs more than $5 billion annually.

Not only do immigrants use welfare programs at higher rates than natives, their use of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is also substantially higher than that of natives. With an annual cost of $32 billion, the EITC is the nation’s largest means-tested cash assistance program for workers with low incomes. Persons receiving the EITC pay no federal income tax and instead receive cash assistance from the government based on their earnings and family size.

Originally posted by Big D
You are in some serious denile.

I said hispanics lead all other groups in:
Drunk Driving:
Hispanic drivers, as a whole, experience a disproportionately high number of drunk-driving arrests and accidents -- along with alcoholism, drug abuse, "macho" attitudes and illiteracy key factors -- according to a long-overlooked federal study that shows car crashes are the third leading cause of Hispanics' deaths.

The report, released back in 1995 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, says that while Hispanics comprised 9 percent of the driving population, "21 percent of those arrested for impaired-driving nationally were Hispanic." They also are involved in proportionately more crashes than whites or blacks, the study showed.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=17717

Obesity:
Physical inactivity is more prevalent among these population groups: women, blacks and Hispanics (compared with whites), older adults and the less affluent. People with less than a 12th grade education are also more likely to be sedentary
http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2003-03-14/28.asp

Domestic abuse:
"We found higher rates of partner violence in ethnic minority groups," said Craig A. Field, a professor at The University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, and corresponding author for the study. "Black and Hispanic couples reported at least twice the prevalence rate of both male-to-female and female-to-male partner violence."
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/abuse/a/blacer030917.htm

Welfare abuse:
While use of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by Mexican households is only slightly higher than that of natives, their use of TANF/general assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and the subsidized school lunch program is dramatically higher than households headed by natives. All of these programs are very large in size. In 1999, more than $300 billion was spent on the means-tested programs listed in Figure 12. Even the school lunch program, the smallest of the programs listed in the figure, costs more than $5 billion annually.

Thats denial not denile

You know everybody is real tired of the crap you put out, give it a rest or come up with a viable solution, will ya? And none of this "I want minorities to be respectable" ambiguous junk.

I believe OCA was referring to this post Big D...
My only point is that hispanics lead in the subjects I have shown.

Look, winston wrote that whites abuse welfare more then any group, that was not true, how come that does not bother you? but the things I write that are true about hispanics upset you?

Forum List

Back