Tis that time of year again.

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Many/most of the threads on here will be whining about taxes. I hate this time of year on political message boards...
And it will not let up much till May. sigh.

The first half of my property taxes are due on January 10.

Thrity-seven hundred bucks down the crapper and what do I get for it, the "privilege of sending other people's kids to school. What do I look like, Rockerfeller? Send your own damn kids to school and leave me alone.

How's that, whiney enough for you?

Yeah I am sure you would love to live in a country where the kids were not sent to school

Yeah I am sure you would love to live in a country where the kids were not sent to school

We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!

I'm looking forward to Gov. Elect Jerry Brown's comments as he takes office today. Taxes will rise for some, and services will be curtailed for the many. Everyone will feel the pain as he once again cleans up the mess created by another amateur Republican Governor.
California will lead the way and the false promise that lower taxes are the best cure for all fiscal ills will be replaced with pragmatic problem solving and a dose reality therapy. Gov. Brown will face the same intransigent Repupublican minority which has been willing to deficit spend rather than raise revenue, and willing to sell government assets (which makes no long term sense) rather than support a responsible economic policy wherein pain is shared.

My property tax went up 150% but I was kind of expecting it. We bought the place in '09 and the previous owners were here for 30 years and both are in their 70s.

As for income tax- I've got some payroll income, but most is passed thru the corporation via a K-1 so during the year I set aside 25-30% and don't touch it.

I'm looking forward to Gov. Elect Jerry Brown's comments as he takes office today. Taxes will rise for some, and services will be curtailed for the many. Everyone will feel the pain as he once again cleans up the mess created by another amateur Republican Governor.
California will lead the way and the false promise that lower taxes are the best cure for all fiscal ills will be replaced with pragmatic problem solving and a dose reality therapy. Gov. Brown will face the same intransigent Repupublican minority which has been willing to deficit spend rather than raise revenue, and willing to sell government assets (which makes no long term sense) rather than support a responsible economic policy wherein pain is shared.

I remember when prop 13 pased and I was a college student, Some lady was protesting at the college because her child lost Bus service. I asked her if she voted for prop 13 and she proudly said yes, I told her she got what she deserved.

People can be so stupid in how they vote and see things.

Like the idiot tea party minions holding signs and screaming about keeping the government out of their medicare.

I have always loved paying my taxes. To pay the payroll tax on my little firm was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream, and though it didn't last long, I'm still proud I made it as far as I did. It was a pleasure to watch my marginal rate rise....made me feel like I was succeeding.

Mebbe I am unusual, but I love my country and I feel paying taxes is a patriotic act.

It's patriotic to keep the fucking government in check not to write them a check.

It's patriotic to keep the fucking government in check not to write them a check.

One more example of an emotional reaction seeking a simple solution to complex problems.
I suppose that's what appeals the most to those who support the tea party movement. In a way such thinking is little different than a petty criminal who risks decades in prison by committing a robbery where a few dollars is the take.

If it eases your mind at all, just think of taxes as the dues you pay to belong to a country club.

The better country clubs always charge higher dues.

Yes it is patriotic to keep the government in check.

Its also patriotic to pay your taxes.

It is NOT patriotic to talk of killing your government or secceeding from it.

It is NOT patriotic to hoard massive amounts of cash in a bad recession when you have already recieved HUGE tax cuts.

Some think corporations are citizens.

Yet they require NONE of the responsibilities of a citizen from ccorps.

One more example of an emotional reaction seeking a simple solution to complex problems.
I suppose that's what appeals the most to those who support the tea party movement. In a way such thinking is little different than a petty criminal who risks decades in prison by committing a robbery where a few dollars is the take.

Who said I supported the ta party? Certainly not I. I have been a small government advocate for 20 years or more. Well before there even was a tea party.

And if people would take a little responsibility for their decisions, your complex problems would not seem so complex.

I pay my fucking taxes. I report every dime of income I make but the fucking government always wants more.

Never advocated for either of those idiotic options.

It is NOT patriotic to hoard massive amounts of cash in a bad recession when you have already recieved HUGE tax cuts.

If more people saved their money, they might not be in such dire straits. I save a lot of money because I live well below my means. In fact my wife and I live as if we make half of our actual income.

I am a corporation and I am a citizen

Again you know jack fucking squat about being a business owner so why should anyone listen to you?

If it eases your mind at all, just think of taxes as the dues you pay to belong to a country club.

The better country clubs always charge higher dues.

I don't waste my money on country clubs. Or anything that requires dues to join.

People who think that property taxes are the equivalent of educating children are the same nattering nabobs of nonsense who think that government funded health insurance is actual health care.

If your rate of taxation is too high, clearly you're just not making enough money.

The billionaires whose tax burdens some of your are offsetting thank you for your generous contributions to their continuing growing share of the world's overall wealth.

I pay my fucking taxes. I report every dime of income I make but the fucking government always wants more.

Never advocated for either of those idiotic options.

If more people saved their money, they might not be in such dire straits. I save a lot of money because I live well below my means. In fact my wife and I live as if we make half of our actual income.

I am a corporation and I am a citizen

Again you know jack fucking squat about being a business owner so why should anyone listen to you?

Because my vote holds just as much weight as yours does.

You are NOT a better citizen than me because you say you own a business

The first half of my property taxes are due on January 10.

Thrity-seven hundred bucks down the crapper and what do I get for it, the "privilege of sending other people's kids to school. What do I look like, Rockerfeller? Send your own damn kids to school and leave me alone.

How's that, whiney enough for you?

Boody maybe you should be talking shit to this guy instead of me then you fucking partisan hack

Forum List

Back