Tired of winning?: US trade deficit more than expected in October and is now up 10% for 2018

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Trump must have failed economics in whichever institutions of learning that he attended.

Trade balance deficit is up 10% year on year despite the efforts of Trump's "best people in the USA".

Trump is clueless as the recent hurricanes, floods and fires will suck in more imports for rebuilding and the trade balance will continue to worsen for the rest of Trump's tenure and beyond.

Trump is trashing brand USA which will suffer worldwide negative consumer sentiment from Trump's rants.

US trade deficit rises more than expected in October and is now up 10% for 2018

US trade deficit increases more than expected in October and is now up 10% for 2018
PUBLISHED FRI, NOV 2 2018 • 8:32 AM EDT | UPDATED FRI, NOV 2 2018 • 10:49 AM EDT
Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS
The U.S. goods and services deficit increased more than expected in September amid escalating tensions with its global trading partners.
The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday.
Those numbers come as the Trump administration moved forward with a plan to tax $200 billion worth of Chinese imports and as China countered.

The U.S. goods and services deficit increased more than expected in September amid escalating tensions with its global trading partners.
The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday. Economists surveyed by Refinitiv had been looking for a gain of $53.6 billion.
The goods deficit stood at $76.3 billion, the highest on record on a seasonally adjusted basis.
Exports increased to $212.6 billion, a $3.1 billion gain from August, while imports rose $3.8 billion to $266.6 billion.

Trump must have failed economics in whichever institutions of learning that he attended.

Trade balance deficit is up 10% year on year despite the efforts of Trump's "best people in the USA".

Trump is clueless as the recent hurricanes, floods and fires will suck in more imports for rebuilding and the trade balance will continue to worsen for the rest of Trump's tenure and beyond.

Trump is trashing brand USA which will suffer worldwide negative consumer sentiment from Trump's rants.

US trade deficit increases more than expected in October and is now up 10% for 2018
PUBLISHED FRI, NOV 2 2018 • 8:32 AM EDT | UPDATED FRI, NOV 2 2018 • 10:49 AM EDT
Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS
The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday.
Those numbers come as the Trump administration moved forward with a plan to tax $200 billion worth of Chinese imports and as China countered.

The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday. Economists surveyed by Refinitiv had been looking for a gain of $53.6 billion.
The goods deficit stood at $76.3 billion, the highest on record on a seasonally adjusted basis.
Exports increased to $212.6 billion, a $3.1 billion gain from August, while imports rose $3.8 billion to $266.6 billion.

Err, so now you libs believe that trade deficits ARE bad, so that you can attack Trump for failing to lower them, even though you are also attacking him for even TRYING to lower them, because trade deficits don't matter?

Wow. I was able to follow your lib logic there, for a second. Man that was weird.

My brain felt like it was twisted into a pretzel shape.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just type "HATEYOU" over and over again, cause really, that is all you've got?

tdxg729tsit11.jpg

Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS

Yeah, the economy is good, more people are able to buy stuff, thus the trade deficit is higher.

This is basic economics here.

Firtst things first is for people to try to better understand the difference between the economics of free trade versus the economics of protectionism. Power concedes nothing without a demand, it never has and it never will, Frederick Douglass said that, it was likely one of the most profound things I've ever read a man say.

People really have to put themselves in a position of understanding how theyre getting screwed nice and hard, it's only way they're ever going to be capable of demanding meaningful change.

I'm sorry, it's about twenty minutes. Do or do not.

You folks need to realize what trump's goal is. He is pushing the national debt out of sight. He is placing moronic tariffs on goods...even with our allies. He has demeaned NATO and displayed a visible admiration for dictators and authoritarians. And yet....even with his efforts,,,,which include division and hate mongering...the country grows and the economy is strong.

The goal of trump is to humble the US to the point that Russia can once again claim equality with the US. Russian had an army of minions on social media in 2015 and 2016 spreading falsehoods about Clinton and encouraging hate. Their choice of trump has continued his war on truth....as he attacks the media, the judicial system, our intelligence agencies, and cast great doubt on the independence and fairness of our electoral system.

trump is carrying the agenda of Putin. Now he has made himself the judge and jury of the Muller probe with the appointment of Whitaker. He has crushed the DOJ with an appointment that is both illegal and unethical. And his cult members bury their heads in the sand...

The trade deficit ain't shit....We all have the same "trade deficit" with the electric company and the grocery store, but nobody is going broke from it.
Trump told us it’s a yuge problem.

Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS

Here's the thing: As a Canadian who used to buy a LOT of goods and services from the USA, I am actively boycotting American made goods because of the actions of your President in trade, because of the tariff's imposed on Canadian steel, and because of his treatment of refugees. Every day my FaceBook feed is full of posts from my family and friends reminding us to buy Canadian Dairy products, and not to buy American milk at Walmart.

I used to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables from the US in winter. Now I look for produce from South America, Mexico or Africa. Anywhere but the USA. Europeans are similarly boycotting products that are sold by American companies.

I choose not to send money to a country which insults my Prime Minister, calls my country a "security threat" despite generations of friendship and respect between our countries, about which your President lies daily.

Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS

So the trade deficit with China continues to grow even as Trump tries to achieve the same thing with THEM that he did with Mexico? Hmmmm...so how have things changed with Mexico since Trump played hard ball with them? Oh wait...the trade deficit with Mexico plunged dramatically!

Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS

Here's the thing: As a Canadian who used to buy a LOT of goods and services from the USA, I am actively boycotting American made goods because of the actions of your President in trade, because of the tariff's imposed on Canadian steel, and because of his treatment of refugees. Every day my FaceBook feed is full of posts from my family and friends reminding us to buy Canadian Dairy products, and not to buy American milk at Walmart.

I used to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables from the US in winter. Now I look for produce from South America, Mexico or Africa. Anywhere but the USA. Europeans are similarly boycotting products that are sold by American companies.

I choose not to send money to a country which insults my Prime Minister, calls my country a "security threat" despite generations of friendship and respect between our countries, about which your President lies daily.

Yeah, let's see how long THAT lasts, Dragon Lady! Anyone that deals with Canadians on a regular basis knows that you're as cheap as they come! I say that in a loving way because I love Canada but you guys are tighter than a fat girl's sock when it comes to spending your cash! :)

Jeff Cox

KEY POINTS

Yeah, let's see how long THAT lasts, Dragon Lady! Anyone that deals with Canadians on a regular basis knows that you're as cheap as they come! I say that in a loving way because I love Canada but you guys are tighter than a fat girl's sock when it comes to spending your cash! :)

Except when it comes to Canadian jobs. Unlike Americans, whose tax dollars are squandered on endless wars and further enriching the wealthy, Canadians re-invest our tax dollars in our communities, and in our people. We are well aware that our current high quality of life is not based on "individual responsibility" but rather by giving every Canadian the opportunity to achieve his or her potential.

We know that dollars going to the US are NOT going to build Canadian infrastructure, support Canadian healthcare, or into the pockets of Canadian workers. We ARE prepared to spend more to keep the jobs in Canada.

Unlike your partisan governing Houses, when Donald Trump attacked Justin Trudeau, and his NAFTA tactics, the leaders of every political party in Canada issued strong statements of support for our PM in his dealings with the USA, and condemned your President's behaviour.

Where the US is fractured and divided by race, by religion and by politics, Canada is united in their goal of having a safe country where people matter more than corporations, and education and opportunities are improving, not declining. We know that when tax dollars are invested in our people, their health, education and infrastructure to boost the economy, not in making wars or building up the military, prosperity for ALL of our people will follow, and it has.

Forum List

Back