Tired of it all

Abbey Normal said:
Did you grow up in a city? I sometimes wonder how different I would be if I grew up in a rural area.

I remember my brother telling us that in boot camp, city guys naturally gravitated towards other city guys. It didn't matter which city or even part of the country they were from. I suppose the converse was true also; rural guys liked to hang with other rural guys.

I grew up in 3 or 4 different places....we moved a lot!

I do agree with your brother's comments, although I never really fit in anywhere unless there were other children of transients in the room. I'm from the boom and bust generation where people were moving east to west and visa versa, following the jobs.

Abbey Normal said:
Personally, I think if you like city life, big cities are more exciting versions of what you love.

I know what you mean about isolated. Every time I go to Maine, for the first few nights I am sure that some crackpot is just waiting in the dark woods to come and get me with some crazy farm implement. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with the city lights.:D
My best friend had this same problem. She grew up in a small town in Indiana, but she lived right in town. Her husband moved her out to the country, and for awhile, she was afraid. But she's used to it now.

I would be more afraid of crackpots in the city. I grew up in the woods, and midnight walks alone under the moon aren't scary at all. But the glare of streetlights makes the dark seem darker. And country people just seem "safer" than city folks.

Nienna said:
I grew up in the woods, and midnight walks alone under the moon aren't scary at all.

** lapses into a reverie of extreme crushness ***

OCA was right, I SOOO need some ____y

Forum List

Back