Tire Slashers against the GOP caught (Guess who???)

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Yep, they're Democrats. In fact, one was a son of a member of Congress.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jan05/295825.asp?format=print

5 charged in election-day tire slashings
Sons of prominent Milwaukee politicians among those facing felonies

By DERRICK NUNNALLY
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 24, 2005

Milwaukee County District Attorney E. Michael McCann announced this morning that five of the seven men arrested in the election-day slashing of Republican vehicles' tires - including the sons of two prominent Milwaukee Democratic politicians - have been charged with felonies and will appear in court this afternoon.

Election Day Vandalism

Photo/AP
First-term U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore accompanies her son, Sowande Omokunde, at his court appearance Monday.
tireslashings12405-125.jpg

The five who were charged with felony criminal damage to property for slashing 40 tires on 25 vehicles are:

* Michael Pratt, 32, of the 400 block of N. 16th St., Milwaukee. Pratt is the son of former acting mayor Marvin Pratt.

* Sowande A. Omokunde, 25, of the 4000 block of N. 19th Place, Milwaukee. Omokunde is the son of U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore.

* Lewis G. Caldwell, 28, of the 2900 block of N. Summit Ave., Milwaukee.

* Lavelle Mohammad, 35, of the 4700 block of W. Lloyd St., Milwaukee.

* Justin Howell, 20, of the 2400 block of N. Olive St., Racine.

The vans had been rented by the state Republican Party to transport voters to the polls on election day Nov. 2.

If convicted, each of the five faces up to a $10,000 fine and up to 3 1/2 years in prison. The crime met the $2,500 damage threshold as a felony because the slashed tires and towing costs totaled more than $5,300, according to the criminal complaint filed today. It says the men were caught after a security guard in the Republican Party headquarters parking lot saw the vandalism and wrote down the license-plate numbers of a fleeing car.

McCann said the state's relatively clean political history makes such election-day sabotage without precedent in his memory.

"This isn't what goes on all the time in Wisconsin," he said, citing his recollection of contentious elections from the late 1960s. "... There might be signs torn down in those campaigns, but never anything like this."

He said the investigation had taken nearly 12 weeks because witnesses had dispersed after the election to states including Georgia, Virginia, Maryland and New York, and FBI investigators were sent to conduct the interviews.

"Lying to an FBI agent is a federal offense," McCann explained.

He said the FBI reports only got back to his office Jan. 14 because the slashings, though locally controversial, probably weren't the highest priority for federal investigators more concerned with terrorism threats.

"You've got to understand how this looks elsewhere," McCann said. "It's a tire-slashing case. ... I never got a call from (Attorney General John) Ashcroft about the case."

And they have the nerve to speak about their disenfranchisement? What about the voters who counted on rides from these pooled vehicles?

that Congresswoman's prolly jealous, because now her son will not have to suffer thru 4 more years, seeing how he's about to lose the next 3 1/2.

I submitted this same article at the Car and Driver, General Talk, Forum, and was thoroughly "roasted" by the liberal posters. I was accused of having an agend, which I do. Who doesn't when they post in forums?

My question to the liberals would be........Ok, I'm biased, and have a conservative leaning, but please give me a news story about a bunch of conservative punks slashing Demo-Van tires, or burning down Demo-election headquarters? Anyone remember the SUV dealership that was vandalized to the tune of lots of $$$ in Southern California by a group of Enviro-wacko Liberals? Anyone familiar with the Enviro-wackos that drove steel spikes in Redwood trees that were to be harvest up in Norther California? The poor old lumber Jack hits the hidden steel spike with his powerful chain saw, the chain breaks, and often injures the lumber Jack. It's ok, it's done to their God called "mother earth".........to heck with human life. These anti-authoritarian, tree hugging, pot smoking, folks, don't have clue what life is about. In their insane, crusade to find meaning to life, they put us through their mania(hell).

What gets me is that the political group that created the infamous Peace Sign, Passive Resistance, "Hell No, I Won't Go!", "Baby Killers!", "Make Love, Not War!", is responsible for more threats of violence via their fringe element than any political groups around.

Yesterday, in San Francisco, about 8,000 Pro-Life folks gathered peacefully and legally in the city. They were confronted by an angry Pro-choice mob of about 1,000+, that did any and all kinds of things to insight the Pro-Lifers. The Pro-Lifers to their credit, just did their best to ignore these folks, and they sang songs, had speakers, and prayed for their country. One of the Pro-Choicers took off all their clothes in front of the Lifers, and many of the other Choicers threw profane taunts to no avail, or response. Side note: The one reported nude protester, couldn't be identified as male or female. I'm not kidding. On a S.F. talk show, the leader of the Pro-Life group said that what they saw appeared to be a multi-sex individual. I guess if your going to represent the pro-choice crowd with some nudity, you might as well cover all the bases.lol

Now how do you think the San Francisco media reported it. Well, first of all, they said that the Pro-Lifers taunted the Pro-choicers.........I'll bet.........with scripture verses, and prayer............that must have hurt bad! Secondly, the local media reported the size of the Lifers crowd at about 6,000, and inflated the Choicer's crowd to 2,000!

Do conservatives "play" by the same rules as the "left". Hardly, but it just takes one "right wing" "over the top" "wacko" that shoots up an abortion clinic, and the media and the liberals, brand conservatives, and Christian Fundies as something aking to the Irish Republican Army.

No, there's no bias in the media.............lol

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

I wonder if they'll play the race card? I sure hope not...but if they'd stoop as low as to tire-slashing, I suspect they might.

"We did it cuz we are black, and are suffering from from being victims"

:-/

I don't know what race card this gomer (one of the five) wants to play, but he can maybe try to say the brothers forced him to do it... :dunno:

Lewis G. Caldwell
caldwell012405-125.jpg

Pics and full story of all five here:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jan05/295825.asp

Also, I think these five individuals should be held up for ridicule, because it's the only thing which we haven't tried to stop this blatant Left vandalism, theft, fraud, and even violence in the name of politics.

Forum List

Back