TinTin--- Check the brain at the door

Sep 12, 2008
I took my daughter to see Tin tin. Annoyingly it was in 3D. Other than that, we had a good time.

I looked it up on Wiki. A lot of the good threads of the original story were there. Mssrs Thompson and Thomson an Captain Haddock.

One of the annoying things was that they were never clear whether they wanted to set it in Brussels or England. The backgrounds in the early part of the movie are all continental rather than english, but they refer to English money. Also, they made TinTin a lot older than the stories. In the stories he is around 14-15. In the movie he is around 25 or so.

A really cool part of the movie is after the concert when all the water is released from the Sultan's ponds. (The rest of the town has to ration water really carefully, but he has his own private lake and lots of fountains.)

It is just a lot of fun. Lots of cool effects. The ship to ship battle scene almost justified the 3D. As long as you don't ask questions and just go with the flow, it is a great show.

I have to admit the ship battle scene, stupid though a lot of it was, was fantastic, wild, and exciting enough to be worth the price of admission.

And the business with doing what was effectively a sword fight with shipyard cranes was pretty wild as well.

Forum List

Back