Tina Fey's Prayer for her Daughter:

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Or for ANY of us that have daughters........................ ;)

I don’t know what it is about having a daughter that makes parents more protective. For us, it started even before our daughter was born. We made sure to give her a name that would keep her from jumping on a stripper pole at the first sign of financial difficulty.

That’s why her name is Gracie and not Satin, Topaz, or, god forbid, Chastity. From what I can understand, Chastity comes from an ancient word meaning, “I’ll start popping out your grand-babies at 14 if the meth doesn’t get me first.” My Latin may not be perfect, but I’ve known a lot of girls named Chastity.

It doesn’t stop with the naming process. It never stops. There’s an ongoing list of do’s and don’ts. Seeing older children at the park or in a store, prompts additions to that list.

I know every time we see a 12-year-old wearing pants with writing on the ass, I will hear my husband start to mutter, “No way in hell will my daughter ever…”

Tina Fey’s new book, Bossypants, includes a prayer for her daughter that every parent of a daughter should read. It should be stapled to the birth certificate of every girl-child born from now on.

Read the Prayer Here:

Tina Fey’s Prayer for her Daughter | My Spinning Plates

enhanced-buzz-6026-1302712189-5.jpg

Alice has serious swag!

enhanced-buzz-6026-1302712189-5.jpg

Alice has serious swag!

Love it!

I love this part in the prayer too:

May she play the Drums to the fiery rhythm of her Own Heart with the sinewy strength of her Own Arms, so she need Not Lie With Drummers.

Grant her a Rough Patch from twelve to seventeen. Let her draw horses and be interested in Barbies for much too long, For childhood is short – a Tiger Flower blooming Magenta for one day – And adulthood is long and dry-humping in cars will wait.

O Lord, break the Internet forever, That she may be spared the misspelled invective of her peers .

:lol:

"Youdammit" LMAO!

"And when she one day turns on me and calls me a Bitch in front of Hollister, Give me the strength, Lord, to yank her directly into a cab in front of her friends, For I will not have that Shit. I will not have it."

Love it! Great find, EZ. :D

Last edited:
While I agree with almost every point in Tina Fey's prayer, I have one small issue with it....

The Lord has already hopefully granted that prayer to Tina's daughter by providing the little one with a loving Mother and Father to teach her those things themselves rather than relying solely on Divine Intervention to protect her.

I dunno, I find it slightly disturbing that her whole concept of her daughter is wrapped up in how girls are predestined to be brainless sex kittens.

I dunno, I find it slightly disturbing that her whole concept of her daughter is wrapped up in how girls are predestined to be brainless sex kittens.

Go onto a teenage girls Facebook page and look at some of the photos some of these girls post on there, and you'll see what she's talking about.

Scary stuff.

Plus, Tina Fey is a Comedy Writer.............

;)

Go onto a teenage girls Facebook page and look at some of the photos some of these girls post on there, and you'll see what she's talking about.

Scary stuff.

My question there is..... "WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?" Now Facebook and Twitter and the like didn't exist in my youth, but I can guarantee you that if they had, neither of my brothers nor I would likely have been allowed to have our own acount. If we had, it would have been VERY CLOSELY monitored by my parents on a daily (if not hourly) basis.

I have a friend with a 15 year old daughter. Tyler got grounded for 2 weeks about a month ago because her mother caught her posting to her Facebook account (on her phone) from school (against school rules AND house rules).

Forum List

Back