Tina Fey as Palin during Biden debate....

Well I wouldn't consider myself dumb and I thought she did pretty good.

I don't think she answered one question with substance but her goal was to regain the confidence of her base, which she clearly was able to do. She stopped the bleeding within her own party.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I don't think she answered one question with substance but her goal was to regain the confidence of her base, which she clearly was able to do. She stopped the bleeding within her own party.

Well then you, as they do, put nothing into what she said when thats the only thing that does matter. If she got alot of her base excited, then her base shouldn't ever be allowed to vote

No expectations doesn't mean she did anything well at all

I have to admit, I'm going to miss Tina Fey playing Palin. SNL REALLY needs a better Obama impersonator.

With the bar being set so low, it's not a real accomplishment. How gullible is that base, that they are so easily assuaged? Bleccchh.

I love the line, "Marriage should remain an institiution between two unwilling teenagers."

Well then you, as they do, put nothing into what she said when thats the only thing that does matter. If she got alot of her base excited, then her base shouldn't ever be allowed to vote

No expectations doesn't mean she did anything well at all

don't confuse yourself bigdaddy.

There is obviously something to be said for politicians who say nothing, look at Bush. Don't underestimate the power of the voter to be attracted to someone they view as equally as stupid as they are.

If you refuse to acknowledge her strengths then you are ill-equiped to counter those strengths. Her strength is that she does in fact come across as very charming and folksy. I think it's a total charade but it's there nonetheless and it's won more than one politician in this country an election. I'd say that was a huge amount of Reagan's charm. Fuck, he's probably one of the worst presidents in terms of doing for the middle class yet even the middle class speaks of him with affection and love.

It's the charm of a con-man. They are stealing your watch right off your wrist and afterwards you thank them for doing it.

don't confuse yourself bigdaddy.

There is obviously something to be said for politicians who say nothing, look at Bush. Don't underestimate the power of the voter to be attracted to someone they view as equally as stupid as they are.

If you refuse to acknowledge her strengths then you are ill-equiped to counter those strengths. Her strength is that she does in fact come across as very charming and folksy. I think it's a total charade but it's there nonetheless and it's won more than one politician in this country an election. I'd say that was a huge amount of Reagan's charm. Fuck, he's probably one of the worst presidents in terms of doing for the middle class yet even the middle class speaks of him with affection and love.

It's the charm of a con-man. They are stealing your watch right off your wrist and afterwards you thank them for doing it.

Now I get it, very good argument and you're absolutely right

The woman is dumb but dumb never disqualified a republican candidate so long as they follow the wingnut script.

"In a conversation, you have to build your sentence phrase by phrase, monitoring the reaction of your listener, while aiming for relevance to the question. That’s what led Ms. Palin into word salad with Ms. Couric. But when the questioner is 30 feet away on the floor and you’re on a stage talking to a camera, which can’t interrupt or make faces, you can reel off a script without embarrassment. The concerns raised by the Couric interviews — that Ms. Palin memorizes talking points rather than grasping issues — should not be allayed by her performance in the forgiving format of a debate."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/opinion/04pinker.html?ref=opinion

Forum List

Back