Tina Brown: Obama Might Have 'Worst Inbox Of Any President In History'

This comment from the link is spot-on IMO:

...everyone treats Obama as a special-needs child who can not stand up to criticism and must be protected. And "Tingles" is the WORST. Instead of supporting him, Tingles makes him look even more hapless.

Let's just get him out of there safely and in one piece, learn from our stupidity, and move on.

Is it me, or has Obama spent less time on vacation, or personal time, than Bush at this point in his Presidency?

Has it got worse of better since he applied for the job?
And who's fault would that be?

Is it me, or has Obama spent less time on vacation, or personal time, than Bush at this point in his Presidency?

Its you.

Bush had a 2nd command office set up at his ranch in Crawford. He wasn't flying to spend weeks at Hawaii and Rio beaches. And in his book Decision Points, Bush talks about golf. He talks about how halfway through his staff told him the golf looked bad, and thus, he didn't play golf again during the rest of his term. Not that he wasn't doing his job, but it "looked bad".

And that is a HUGE difference in Bush/Obama. Leadership. Sometimes it isn't what you can or can't do, it's the simply image you portray. Obama is awful at that. His golfing, Motown partying, vacations in Rio and Hawaii, and yes, being on ESPN for sports picks........amongst global chaos, well, it looks awful.

Me thinks Barry dont give a shit. He got his, so fuck us.

Does any CEO respond to everything in his inbox?

Its you.

Bush had a 2nd command office set up at his ranch in Crawford. He wasn't flying to spend weeks at Hawaii and Rio beaches. And in his book Decision Points, Bush talks about golf. He talks about how halfway through his staff told him the golf looked bad, and thus, he didn't play golf again during the rest of his term. Not that he wasn't doing his job, but it "looked bad".

And that is a HUGE difference in Bush/Obama. Leadership. Sometimes it isn't what you can or can't do, it's the simply image you portray. Obama is awful at that. His golfing, Motown partying, vacations in Rio and Hawaii, and yes, being on ESPN for sports picks........amongst global chaos, well, it looks awful.

The Boy King needs to get past himself and grow up.

You make an awful lot of assumptions here. You paint Obama as being "really" on vacation, and assume that Bush was still working anyway. Also interesting how here you say that the problem with Obama is one of mere image, yet you just posted a thread insinuating he's not getting any work done. You're contradicting yourself.

Yes. Thats why its so damn hard to be a CEO. Thats why CEOs get paid so much. As much as liberals HATE CEOs, they do actually work their asses off and deal with everything. Thats how they became so successful in the first place.

Of course, delegating stuff to others is part of a CEO's job also. And the way Obama is going, not only is he not doing shit, he's not delegating either. Where the hell is "foreign policy expert" Joe Biden????

Can't believe I'm saying this. But.........its time Obama resign, and Biden resign, let John Boehner be the president for last 2 years until someone who is QUALIFIED can step in.

Hillary Clinton might just be the only tiny little piece of duct tape holding shit together right now. She is 10X more qualified than Obama to handle this shit. No one told Obama he can't vote "present" as president, did they?

You make an awful lot of assumptions here. You paint Obama as being "really" on vacation, and assume that Bush was still working anyway. Also interesting how here you say that the problem with Obama is one of mere image, yet you just posted a thread insinuating he's not getting any work done. You're contradicting yourself.

I must have missed Obama's command post on the beaches at Hawaii, or the one they've built on the beaches of Rio then. And Bush was working. We saw pics and video from the offices he had at Crawford.

I did say ONE (1 of many) of the problems with Obama is image. Skipping his chance to pick basketball tournament games won't fix the world. BUT.....amidst chaos, people need something to believe in, some leadership, some stable voice. And when they are suffering or scared, and see the most powerful man in the world picking basketball games, and then going on a 5 minute analysis of who is injured on the Kansas Jayhawks team or BYU's top scorer, some think "Does he watch that much basketball to know that? Or is he spending precious presidential time being briefed on all that?"

Either way, he's portraying an image of someong who doesn't give a f**k. And anyone who has ever been in a position of leadership knows that image is a big part of it. His pretty speeches and blackness can't get him past his tendency to vote "present" any longer.

Has it got worse of better since he applied for the job?
And who's fault would that be?

The economy was losing 800K jobs per month and GDP was declining at about 7% wwhen he took office.

The economy is now creating around 200K private sector jobs per month and the economy has grown for five straight quarters.

I'm going to say "It's gotten better".

Oh, and BTW, it's not just me.

Bush spent a total of 32% of his time in office on vacation. Can that be said of Obama?

Again, you don't understand what his admin had set up in Crawford. Bush hated DC. I can't blame him. So they had a 2nd command office set up on his ranch.

But enough deflection. We need to focus on our CURRENT president. And he is in so far over his head he needs scuba gear.

Can't believe I'm saying this. But.........its time Obama resign, and Biden resign, let John Boehner be the president for last 2 years until someone who is QUALIFIED can step in.

Let's just get to the real heart of the matter, eh? You just can't stand that the Democrats have the White House, you want the GOP in charge. That's all, simple as that.

I can believe that you are saying that. I believe that you woke up this morning looking for an opportunity to say it. :lol:

No but they certainly respond to the big events that happen and don't host big parties when their comapny isn't doing well or their friends are critically ill, well at least the good ones that we respect don't.

I must have missed Obama's command post on the beaches at Hawaii, or the one they've built on the beaches of Rio then. And Bush was working. We saw pics and video from the offices he had at Crawford.

That's right, Buc. While Obama is in Hawaii he doesn't even carry a cell phone! No laptop! In fact, I've heard he takes his hotel phone off the hook.

Forum List

Back