Timothy F. Giethner - New Treasury Secretary

I know all of these people in this video from my Ron Paul meet-up groups in Long Island and NYC. I have to say I've never met so hard working, self sacrificing, intelligent, informed people as these at any other time in my life. True Patriots. I am grateful for what I have learned from this experience. I can't imagine giving up ever again....I'll fight to the finish with wonderful people standing by my side. We might not have won the election or ever come close.....but slow and steady wins the race. We won't die off and the more people that wake up, the better chance our future has.

It beats standing in line waiting for my ration....there's a part of me that believes if we keep giving in to lies we'll eventually end up that way. What exactly was the bailout? I maintain that it was the biggest heist in history. Ducks are lining up in a row in the Obama cabinet for the continued thievery of our country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vp4ARGriow]YouTube - End The FED NYC 11.22.2008[/ame]

I know all of these people in this video from my Ron Paul meet-up groups in Long Island and NYC. I have to say I've never met so hard working, self sacrificing, intelligent, informed people as these at any other time in my life. True Patriots. I am grateful for what I have learned from this experience. I can't imagine giving up ever again....I'll fight to the finish with wonderful people standing by my side. We might not have won the election or ever come close.....but slow and steady wins the race. We won't die off and the more people that wake up, the better chance our future has.

It beats standing in line waiting for my ration....there's a part of me that believes if we keep giving in to lies we'll eventually end up that way. What exactly was the bailout? I maintain that it was the biggest heist in history. Ducks are lining up in a row in the Obama cabinet for the continued thievery of our country.

YouTube - End The FED NYC 11.22.2008

I knew you were involved on a personal level. Is Paul doing ALL the central coordinating to kill the Fed ?

I knew you were involved on a personal level. Is Paul doing ALL the central coordinating to kill the Fed ?

Nope, it's basically the network of people who were involved in the campaign.....The Campaign for Liberty, started by Paul.....he uses it as a forum but he doesn't coordinate much of anything....he leaves that up to us....the Patriots.

Ron Paul is busy actually READING THE BILLS he has to vote on in Congress.

Campaign For Liberty — Home

I have no doubt the accuracy of the first message in this thread. Reading it I was struck by the volumous information that was given forth. Impressive to say the least. But seeing the responses I wonder how many actually read the 'whole' thing rather than skim through. We're in a dangerous age now. Everything we do and say to be scrutenized not only by each other but by our own government as well. I will save that message to refer to from time to time and research some more. I do not mean to offend since I can not take anything at face value. But the learned information will greatly be appreciated so that even my own learning will be increased. Thank you:clap2:

The market liked this choice. That is for sure. Seldom do you find threads whose topic is not skewed as the posts continue. I suppose it is to be expected?

The market liked this choice. That is for sure. Seldom do you find threads whose topic is not skewed as the posts continue. I suppose it is to be expected?

You bet the market liked it

"He's a great appointment. He's smart. He's got continuity," said Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee.

The market did fluctuate. That is not truely an indication of whether he was 'liked' or 'disliked'. We always hope to guess why or what things will increase or decrease the values in the market. But we aren't privvy to every whim of the adjusters. But we never stop trying or hoping. But our eyes will always be a little bit wider.

Yeah, let's just automatically assume the market only responded to the Geithner pick that day.

The DOW hasn't been jumping around back and forth by the multiple 100's each day for the past couple months or anything :rolleyes:

But hey, that's what the media told us was the reason, so let's all believe it!

So we have I think two or three liberals who chimed in to claim this was a partisan topic. And the rest appear to be the Paul supporters, and Dilloduck, who I bet is warming up to Paul more and more by the minute.

No regular old mainstream conservatives, and hardly a liberal.

I guess because it can't be spun into a Clinton admin thing, and therefore the partisan gossip factor is too low to generate interest in the discussion.

How lame. Let's only talk about the appointments that are fun to fight back and forth about. Who cares if this guy hob nobs with the same economic heads that are involved in every presidential admin.

Is this where the "hope" factor comes into play?

So we have I think two or three liberals who chimed in to claim this was a partisan topic. And the rest appear to be the Paul supporters, and Dilloduck, who I bet is warming up to Paul more and more by the minute.

I guess because it can't be spun into a Clinton admin thing, and therefore the partisan gossip factor is too low to generate interest in the discussion.

How lame. Let's only talk about the appointments that are fun to fight back and forth about. Who cares if this guy hob nobs with the same economic heads that are involved in every presidential admin.

end the fed !

I'm still pissed that Paul went the Republican route. What in the hell was he thinking ?

end the fed !

I'm still pissed that Paul went the Republican route. What in the hell was he thinking ?

Well, keeping in mind that he's a Republican Congressman, what should he have ran as?

At any rate, we have the chairman of the New York Fed stepping in as Treasury Secretary, I wonder if any policies are going to change? I'd ask the magic 8-ball, but I wouldn't want to waste the magic.

Well, keeping in mind that he's a Republican Congressman, what should he have ran as?

At any rate, we have the chairman of the New York Fed stepping in as Treasury Secretary, I wonder if any policies are going to change? I'd ask the magic 8-ball, but I wouldn't want to waste the magic.

LOL, yeah pretty much.

If Paul ran 3rd party in the primaries, he'd never have gotten the million votes that he did, and certainly wouldn't have gained the recognition.

It was always so cool to watch a neocon convert right before your eyes! I used to be one, myself.

Last edited:
LOL, yeah pretty much.

If Paul ran 3rd party in the primaries, he'd never have gotten the million votes that he did, and certainly wouldn't have gained the recognition.

It was always so cool to watch a neocon convert right before your eyes! I used to be one, myself.

Then of course it's recently come out that he had to sign a legally binding contract that he would not run third party if he lost the nomination to get ballot access in a few states.

Then of course it's recently come out that he had to sign a legally binding contract that he would not run third party if he lost the nomination to get ballot access in a few states.

I haven't seen that, can you elaborate?

It could be because conservatives are flummoxed by this issue of the Secretary of the Treasury. We've had the same guys for decades now. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a Republican or Democrat administration. I'm also not sure how many feel qualified to say who should be in charge of the Treasury or who is qualified to do the job. I'd be damned hard pressed to tick off 5 qualifications for the person to do the job and not screw us.

This initial post is a little too shot through with "conspiracy theory" imprimaturs for my taste. Anytime I start seeing CFR, Bildebergers, Trilateral Commission and the like, all my red flags shoot up at once. But, leaving that aside for a second, most of the things that got enacted in early 1900s that fundamentally changed the way our country worked at very basic levels were wrong-headed at a minimum and need to be undone. It would not surprise me if these mental midgets got this wrong too.

It will require more research on my part to determine if the Federal Reserve needs to be dismantled or not, but it doesn't look good.

He's FAR from stupid----surely he knew what the GOP was going to do to him--and they did it. Hell--he got into Congress as a Libertarian.

but yes--the federal reserve has still got its grubby paws all over our money.

It could be because conservatives are flummoxed by this issue of the Secretary of the Treasury. We've had the same guys for decades now. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a Republican or Democrat administration. I'm also not sure how many feel qualified to say who should be in charge of the Treasury or who is qualified to do the job. I'd be damned hard pressed to tick off 5 qualifications for the person to do the job and not screw us.

This initial post is a little too shot through with "conspiracy theory" imprimaturs for my taste. Anytime I start seeing CFR, Bildebergers, Trilateral Commission and the like, all my red flags shoot up at once. But, leaving that aside for a second, most of the things that got enacted in early 1900s that fundamentally changed the way our country worked at very basic levels were wrong-headed at a minimum and need to be undone. It would not surprise me if these mental midgets got this wrong too.

It will require more research on my part to determine if the Federal Reserve needs to be dismantled or not, but it doesn't look good.

Why should the CFR have to be pidgeon holed as a perpetual conspiracy theory?

It's a REAL group, with REAL people. Most of government is saturated with members of the CFR, and we've had nary a president who wasn't a member. Most of the prominent members of congress are CFR members, and most of the behind the scenes advisors and overall policy-makers are as well. They have an agenda, and when you consider that each administration takes influence from that same group, you have to wonder how things will ever actually CHANGE.

At some point, you have to be willing to start holding them accountable. There must be a reason why they are so influential, and so powerful, and have so much representation all throughout government, but yet, get no media coverage.

I haven't seen that, can you elaborate?

Ron Paul Answers Your Questions: Part One - Freakonomics Blog - NYTimes.com

He talks about it in that interview, but what I said is pretty much the whole story so far as we know at this point.

He's FAR from stupid----surely he knew what the GOP was going to do to him--and they did it. Hell--he got into Congress as a Libertarian.

but yes--the federal reserve has still got its grubby paws all over our money.

He also knows that he would not have gotten into the Republican debates or even half the little coverage he did get if he had run as a Libertarian. He certainly would not have pulled over a million votes. He did not get into Congress as a Libertarian, he ran as a Republican with Libertarian views.

Forum List

Back