Timmy died yesterday

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Timmy was my youngest brother, half brother actually. My daughter called yesterday to let me know he had passed. It was really a sad ending to a broken family, even though I still live. We were not close but I feel a little better saying something, even though no one here knew him or me. Tim was going to be 60 this month but has passed from heart disease. He was a heavy drinker and smoked a lot. I can't understand it because his older brother Patrick died in 2013, their father Harvey in 1993 if I recall and his father in the 70's, all from heart related issues. Tim had been warned but did little to nothing to prevent it. I can't say that I blame him though. Our mother is still alive at 90 and she has not been informed yet. I bet she will go crazy.

One thing about Tim is that I have no idea where he lived at. He was in Texas and a few years back headed out to Washington state, but that may not even be right. We all grew up for a little while in Hot Springs Ark. and then moved to Brownsville TX in the mid 60's where we all finished growing up, sort of. It was at that time we drifted apart, all of us having bad memories of home life as kids. Back tracking, My father divorced my mom shortly after I was born, or vice versa, and I never really did hear the story why but there have been hints that my grandmother had a hand in it. Story was that mom didn't like California where they were living and grandma went and rescued us, to my fathers chagrin and brought us back to Hot Springs.

Mom remarried and then a little while later Pat and Tim came along and we got on as most little boys did. Later we moved to Brownsville where we eventually went our separate ways. I could tell some pretty odd stories about us all but it doesn't matter now. Water under the bridge. Here are a few pics of Tim through the years. I have more but can't find them all right now.

No one need comment if they don't want it just made me feel a little better putting this out there.

christmas1961_web 1.jpg

This was Christmas 1961. Tim on the left, then Pat and I.

016_16+w.jpg

This is Tim and his daughter at the start of a canoe trip on the Brazos in 2000. My wife in the background.

tim.jpg

Tim in 2011.

tim conly.jpg

Latest one of Tim in 2016. He was 57 but looked older.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
Timmy was my youngest brother, half brother actually. My daughter called yesterday to let me know he had passed. It was really a sad ending to a broken family, even though I still live. We were not close but I feel a little better saying something, even though no one here knew him or me. Tim was going to be 60 this month but has passed from heart disease. He was a heavy drinker and smoked a lot. I can't understand it because his older brother Patrick died in 2013, their father Harvey in 1993 if I recall and his father in the 70's, all from heart related issues. Tim had been warned but did little to nothing to prevent it. I can't say that I blame him though. Our mother is still alive at 90 and she has not been informed yet. I bet she will go crazy.

One thing about Tim is that I have no idea where he lived at. He was in Texas and a few years back headed out to Washington state, but that may not even be right. We all grew up for a little while in Hot Springs Ark. and then moved to Brownsville TX in the mid 60's where we all finished growing up, sort of. It was at that time we drifted apart, all of us having bad memories of home life as kids. Back tracking, My father divorced my mom shortly after I was born, or vice versa, and I never really did hear the story why but there have been hints that my grandmother had a hand in it. Story was that mom didn't like California where they were living and grandma went and rescued us, to my fathers chagrin and brought us back to Hot Springs.

Mom remarried and then a little while later Pat and Tim came along and we got on as most little boys did. Later we moved to Brownsville where we eventually went our separate ways. I could tell some pretty odd stories about us all but it doesn't matter now. Water under the bridge. Here are a few pics of Tim through the years. I have more but can't find them all right now.

No one need comment if they don't want it just made me feel a little better putting this out there.

View attachment 265695

View attachment 265696

This is Tim and his daughter at the start of a canoe trip on the Brazos in 2000. My wife in the background.

View attachment 265697

Tim in 2011.

View attachment 265699

R.I.P.

My heartfelt condolences.

Condolence's on your loss...Death is a sad part of life and always a time for reflection and introspection--remember the good times--take time to forgive, if you need to.

No one we ever loved ever really leaves our hearts--and thus..they all live.

I am very sorry for your loss. Family is not all sunshine and roses at times. I know. I'm still bailing out my helpless older brother. But you should have had many more years with your's. Remember the good times.

I had two brothers both died of alcoholism. Even or especially when you lose relatives you are not close with losing them does cause a lot of regrets.

View attachment 265695

View attachment 265702

View attachment 265697

Tim in 2011.

View attachment 265699

R.I.P.

My condolences Mike

I'm so very sorry, Mike. I truly am. We can't always save folks from themselves.

:smiliehug:

View attachment 265695

View attachment 265702

View attachment 265697

Tim in 2011.

View attachment 265699

R.I.P.
Thank you for sharing your feelings and knowledge of your loss. Remember, no one can take your memories away. Your brother is gone, but not the good times you remember as I am sure you have some.

Perhaps this is a good time to call those close to you and reminding them how much they mean to you. I will do the same with those in my life, thinking of Timmy.

Forum List

Back